JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Yes, I've seen it and watched it in people. It doesn't screw with the balance, it just makes it look like rigor mortis is trying to set in while they are moving. Both amusing and pitiful to watch. Contrast that to someone wasted on opiates, in my mind they look like jello shuffling (which is a useless description, just how I think of it).

Nope, not at all. CBD does nothing to that effect. No one takes CBD to get high. In fact it popular because of its non effects, unlike THC. Riggedness sounds like a stimulant.

Nope, not at all. CBD does nothing to that effect. No one takes CBD to get high. In fact it popular because of its non effects, unlike THC. Riggedness sounds like a stimulant.
That's where my ability to describe is poor. I call it rigor mortis, because they walk but it looks like they are making huge effort to take a step - almost like there's a motor neuron disconnect.
Plus, there are hybrid strains out there where you will get 25+% THC content with almost 1% CBD. Sounds like the strains should be named Catatonia or Cobra Venom.

Last Edited:

Correct. The sale of CBD oil products is legal under Federal law as long as the THC content is less than .3%.

That's where my ability to describe is poor. I call it rigor mortis, because they walk but it looks like they are making huge effort to take a step - almost like there's a motor neuron disconnect.

Its not CBD that is causing that effect. My grandparents, who are in there 90s use cbd cream to help with arthritis. No high given, they get that from their nightly bourbon.

What about alcohol? Is it ok to handle weapons a day after you drink? 2 days? Why is it any difference if you smoked pot? You are far more likely to suffer the effects of alcohol the next morning vs pot.

This isn't about logic, it is about law.
Obviously no person, whether impaired by legal or illegal substance, should be touching guns.

CBD oil products which you can buy at New Seasons and other retailers has less than .3% THC content. It does not get you high at all. In a topical cream it is very effective for arthritis. The gel caps are also effective for arthritis.

Oregon Supreme Court has ruled denial of firearms and issuance of CHL on the premise of medicinal marijuana use to be unconstitutional.
Or something like that...
Oregon Court Rules Medical Pot Users Can Have Guns -- Green215

Aka if the story is current and true, she can file a complaint or bring legal action.

This is to PURCHASE -- AND -- POSSESSION.
I am pretty sure the USA says F* Oregon, and it's little court too. As you have to BG any purchase in OR that means all of them. If you don't carry gun, and want to have a permit, that it up to the state/county and the Fed don't care - the Fed will report if you are not a good person and that can show up if the county runs a background check.

7th Circuit has ruled on this - you use pot, you no possess guns.
You say no on 4473 when purchasing, and use the class 1 no useful purpose drug, and that's 2 felonies.

I direct your attention, not to the form, but the law 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3).
18 U.S. Code § 922 - Unlawful acts

I also note (d) If your 'friend' smokes rope, and you give them some bullets, then you are a criminal.
It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person—

If you're following a prescription then you're not abusing. That doesn't mean it's healthy, or not over prescribed, but I wouldn't say abused. Now if you "lose" your prescription often, and need emergency refills, that's abuse. The semantics determine what is or isn't a crime. Personally I have no use for any of them, drunks or druggies. If I smell pot on you, I won't sell to you. It's my call.

Good luck getting a real Rx for marijuana. There are too many strains and their effects vary. I've seen doctors recommend THC, but very rarely prescribe it.

... I also note (d) If your 'friend' smokes rope, and you give them some bullets, then you are a criminal. ...

See also (q)(1)(D):
The Congress finds and declares that ... in fact, even before the sale of a firearm, the gun, its component parts, ammunition, and the raw materials from which they are made have considerably moved in interstate commerce;

18 USC 922 is very serious and due to the fact that the minerals used to make the metallic portions of guns/ammo, or the organic substances used in grips/frames/gunpowder, are certainly involved in interstate commerce, perhaps even international commerce, the chance that 922 applies is close to a certainty and it is something anyone who uses cannabis should take seriously.

Whether it is rational or not, the law is what it is and it is risky to both own guns/ammo and use pot.

What about alcohol? Is it ok to handle weapons a day after you drink? 2 days? Why is it any difference if you smoked pot? You are far more likely to suffer the effects of alcohol the next morning vs pot.

Alcohol metabolizes much faster than THC. Someone who is a regular user of THC and quits cold turkey will still ahow positive for weeks after they stop using. Someone who gets totally blitzed on alcohol will completely metabolize it in a few hours.

If you carry a gun, why risk having THC in your system in the event you have a shooting?

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR