JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Driving through Lake O last Saturday, a guy (late 20's?) waits at a curb (not a crosswalk) on Durham Rd. We all stop.
He proceeds to stagger across the street, wearing colorful pajama bottoms and what looks like a yellow down coat. His hair was so messed up, all he needed was some lipstick and he would have been mistaken for a clown.
Another victim of lax pot laws. Will probably see him on some corner, panhandling.

The horse is officially dead...you may stop beating it Good Sir.
Like said I missed your post.
Lol long night on the road .
Snow ice FLAT TIRE DELIVERY MESSED UP .
LATE .now I just woke up at truck stop and the coffee was alful.
What else can I say.
I'm going back to bed.

I'm not sure if every county in OR uses the same form, but, I downloaded a copy of the Washington Co CCL application, and there are two questions relating to controlled substances.

2.) Have you ever been convicted of an offense (including a violation or infraction) involving controlled substances? A controlled substance is defined under ORS 475.005(6). Examples include but are not limited to marijuana, ecstasy, heroin, cocaine, LSD, peyote, or methamphetamine. (Alcohol is not a controlled substance.) Yes No If yes, when and where? _____________________________________________________________
And the 2nd.
3.) Have you ever been in a court-ordered diversion program related to controlled substance charge including violations and infractions? Yes No If yes, when and where? _____________________________________________________________

So no questions about current use, but it does stand to reason that she answered one of these two questions affirmative and that's why she was denied?

I think that when you purchase cannabis they scan your ID. Is it possible the sheriff is checking that database?
Not that I'm aware of. Just as the current political atmosphere isn't checking filed 4473s to harass gun owners.

It is ultimately a form of tracking however.

Funny though back when trump was elected and appointed then attorney general sessions, Oregon wanted to quickly eliminate the ID records for fear of federal prosecutors going after them.

I know technically both being an alcoholic or an opioid abuser is against 11e too, but there isn't any way to prove it.
Opioid is a controlled substance. Looks like 11e is referring to controlled substances in general. So alcohol isn't there.
Like said I missed your post.
Lol long night on the road .
Snow ice FLAT TIRE DELIVERY MESSED UP .
LATE .now I just woke up at truck stop and the coffee was alful.
What else can I say.
I'm going back to bed.
I saw what they have at truck stops. That isn't coffee, its colored hot water.

I personally, honestly, don't feel badly for people who smoke marijuana and get denied a concealed carry permit. If you are genuinely concerned about self protection without endangering others staying sober when carrying is obviously important. Situational awareness is also critical. Maybe she never smoked before carrying, but honestly I still don't feel sympathetic. I feel the same way about people who regularly drink to the same level of impairment as those who smoke marijuana. There are a lot of people who will hate hearing that, but it is my opinion.

Where I become concerned is where the government can arbitrarily decide what personal characteristics make someone disqualified from exercising constitutional rights. The government should have to show a specific factual basis that the person's danger to others is excessive because of the prohibited trait. Intermediate scrutiny or strict scrutiny. The mere fact that a person has at one time smoked marijuana or drank a beer should not be sufficient to deny them the right to exercise a constitutional right. Involuntarily committed for mental health? That sounds like a good reason for a temporary ban. Used marijuana a week before applying for a CCW? While I would personally not be excited or glad if they were granted, I think the government should have to show more than that to block the right to self defense. Flame on...

Drinking one beer does not affect you to the level that smoking a blunt would.

While alcohol does have an effect on one's mental state it requires to drink x amount of alcohol, based on %, to make it the equivalent as the controlled substances.

Marijuana is also a controlled substance, while alcohol is not. Not that I'd be against marijuana, for medical purposes at least, that's the way the law and 11e is written.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top