JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I do not have a copy of the story, but a family member knew the person in Oregon.
They went to renew their Conceal carry and they said we see you use Canibus, and told her that
her conceal carry was denied. I recall seeing this on a BGC form, but was unaware it would yield a Conceal Carry holder unqualified.
My bro has been smokin ditch weed forever and he has no prob buying firearms...even has a med mj card along with his CCP. (Mult Co)

Driving through Lake O last Saturday, a guy (late 20's?) waits at a curb (not a crosswalk) on Durham Rd. We all stop.
He proceeds to stagger across the street, wearing colorful pajama bottoms and what looks like a yellow down coat. His hair was so messed up, all he needed was some lipstick and he would have been mistaken for a clown.
Another victim of lax pot laws. Will probably see him on some corner, panhandling.

Amazing how you can stereotype a pothead vs a drunk vs a mental case and then deduce he will be a future panhandler all while sitting in your car.

Amazing how you can stereotype a pothead from a drunk from a mental case and then deduce he will be a future panhandler all while sitting in your car.
Evidently sardonic humor is lost on you. I have lived with, known, or worked with multiple drunks, stoners, tweakers and heroin addicts in my life. They're pretty easy to tell apart - it's like being able to tell a Korean from a Chinese from a Vietnamese or Japanese descendent.
Granted there may have been something else in the mix there, but by looking at it, he was on a pretty heavy THC as well as CBD content high. There's a look to the eyes and face that is altogether different than the other three drugs. When it comes to the near paralysis of a person, that indicates very high CBD content.
So while I will acknowledge that I may be completely off base here, I do feel capable of making the assessment while sitting in my car, being the first one in line as the person crosses in front of me.

They're pretty easy to tell apart - it's like being able to tell a Korean from a Chinese from a Vietnamese or Japanese descendent.
There's a look to the eyes and face that is altogether different than the other three drugs. When it comes to the near paralysis of a person, that indicates very high CBD content.

Oh, boy. No comment. Bottom line, we all know use of drugs and alcohol while handling firearms are a bad mix.

being able to tell a Korean from a Chinese from a Vietnamese or Japanese descendent.
Can confirm, you can tell the difference. I'm Korean and I can tell who is Japanese (be more offensive to us if you say you can't see the difference btw).

Totally has nothing to do with the two people not getting along very well. Or the xenophobia they tend to have over there.

CHL is a state program. Cannabis use is legal by state law. Technically, it should not be a disqualifier.

4473 is a Federal form. Cannabis use is illegal by federal law. Technically, it is a disqualifier.

So it will be interesting how it all ends up getting sorted out.

Since the Oregon Tyranny of the majority would like everyone but the government masters to be disarmed, they will probably be typically hypocritical and deny a civil right based on a legal behavior.

elsie

There's a look to the eyes and face that is altogether different than the other three drugs. When it comes to the near paralysis of a person, that indicates very high CBD content.
So while I will acknowledge that I may be completely off base here, I do feel capable of making the assessment while sitting in my car, being the first one in line as the person crosses in front of me.

CBD gives a paralysis effect. Sounds like someone has reefer madness.

Pot laws are a mess, which is a real shame because everyone knows that the real problem with pot has been prohibition and prohibition always leads to black markets and criminal activity. I've never enjoyed pot so whether it is legal or not doesn't affect my recreation, but it being legal does affect my tax burden which is why I'm pro-legalization.

The Federal laws on the topic are pretty draconian,see paragraph (g): 18 U.S. Code § 922 - Unlawful acts
(g) It shall be unlawful for any person—
(3) who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));
to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce, or possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.

The penalty is severe: 18 U.S. Code § 924 - Penalties
(2) Whoever knowingly violates subsection (a)(6), (d), (g), (h), (i), (j), or (o) of section 922 shall be fined as provided in this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.

Just setting aside the issue of whether one can own a gun and then later get a medical marijuana card and keep the gun -- which was one argument the 9th Circuit used when it ruled that it was OK to prohibit MMJ card holders from buying a gun (FN1) -- I challenge anyone to buy ammunition that has not been involved in interstate commerce. Reloading? Where did the brass come from? Where was the ore mined to make the brass? How about the powder? Unless you are able to source ALL the raw materials for ammunition from within the bounds of a single state, then make and use it only in that state (good bubbleguming luck!), it seems like a huge risk.

(FN1) Wilson v. Lynch, Wilson v. Lynch, No. 14-15700 (9th Cir. 2016) See PDF page 14-15

The burden on Wilson's core Second Amendment right is not severe. Title 18 U.S.C. § 922(d)(3), 27 C.F.R. § 478.11, and the Open Letter bar only the sale of firearms to Wilson – not her possession of firearms. Wilson could have amassed legal firearms before acquiring a registry card, and 18 U.S.C. § 922(d)(3), 27 C.F.R. § 478.11, and the Open Letter would not impede her right to keep her firearms or to use them to protect herself and her home.

Note the court ignores 922(g)'s effect and then uses intermediate scrutiny in Wilson -- hopefully the NY City case SCOTUS recently accepted puts an end to this intermediate scrutiny travesty that is taking the circuit courts by storm and basically allowing any and all restrictions, and restores strict scrutiny to 2A cases.

Last Edited:
CBD gives a paralysis effect. Sounds like someone has reefer madness.
Yes, I've seen it and watched it in people. It doesn't screw with the balance, it just makes it look like rigor mortis is trying to set in while they are moving. Both amusing and pitiful to watch. Contrast that to someone wasted on opiates, in my mind they look like jello shuffling (which is a useless description, just how I think of it).

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top