JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Ever been around a group of junkies?

Yes/No?

They're quite the repellent bunch.

Quite the stinking, loathsome criminally centered group who steal from others including their families

But, by all means, defend them.

But, but they're just independent minded and should be allowed to camp in your back yard and you should buy them, nay, bring them whatever they need.

Perhaps, a flamethrower...

Well you actually don't know what my firsthand experiences are or what I do for a living.

Without going into the details I'll say this... I deal with the homeless, the mentally ill, drug users, criminals of all types every night while wearing a uniform and carrying a gun.

I'm one of the last people who will defend criminals. I'm also one of the first people who will detain and arrest those who break the law.

Now this does not mean I have to agree with every law. Just like your average consumer of alcohol, most of those who recreationally utilize drugs hurt no one but themselves. I have no problem with that.

Again, we have laws against driving under the influence, carrying firearms under the influence, public intoxication of all kinda. Each of these events poses a threat to the public which the government has legitimate authority to regulate. However, what a private citizen chooses to do recreationally in his own time on his own land is no one's business but his own.

Not all "junkies" are criminals in any sense other than the fact that the mere use of drugs is currently a criminal offense. We should probably judge the individual and not the collective, another concept we should understand well in the gun community.

Then again I'm just a Classical Liberal. Seems we don't exist any more. Individualism, Nationalism, Capitalism.

I'm sure every thing I said will be misconstrued, taken out of context, and strawmanned into the ground like my last 2 posts in this thread.

Have fun, folks.

Well you actually don't know what my firsthand experiences are or what I do for a living.

Without going into the details I'll say this... I deal with the homeless, the mentally ill, drug users, criminals of all types every night while wearing a uniform and carrying a gun.

I'm one of the last people who will defend criminals. I'm also one of the first people who will detain and arrest those who break the law.

Now this does not mean I have to agree with every law. Just like your average consumer of alcohol, most of those who recreationally utilize drugs hurt no one but themselves. I have no problem with that.

Again, we have laws against driving under the influence, carrying firearms under the influence, public intoxication of all kinda. Each of these events poses a threat to the public which the government has legitimate authority to regulate. However, what a private citizen chooses to do recreationally in his own time on his own land is no one's business but his own.

Not all "junkies" are criminals in any sense other than the fact that the mere use of drugs is currently a criminal offense. We should probably judge the individual and not the collective, another concept we should understand well in the gun community.

Then again I'm just a Classical Liberal. Seems we don't exist any more. Individualism, Nationalism, Capitalism.

I'm sure every thing I said will be misconstrued, taken out of context, and strawmanned into the ground like my last 2 posts in this thread.

Have fun, folks.

Well said Dornai.. Coming from a law enforcement officer who must deal with both the worst people of society and also the injustices of the legal system I think what you wrote is golden and can shed light on others who don't have the first hand experience you have. I had a rough childhood growing up so I got to experience more than I wished and saw every aspect of criminality and abuse of the vices.

Classical Liberal? Hmmm.. The term Libertarian could be a bit loose, but you sound more on my own spectrum :D I wish we had more law enforcement who think like you do, both rationally and critically, rather than impulsively based on societal programming. The world would be a better place.

I do not have a copy of the story, but a family member knew the person in Oregon.
They went to renew their Conceal carry and they said we see you use Canibus, and told her that
her conceal carry was denied. I recall seeing this on a BGC form, but was unaware it would yield a Conceal Carry holder unqualified.
In all honesty...probably not a bad thing. There is a book out, "Tell Your Children: The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness, and Violence", that puts forward factual links between pot, mental illness and violence. Maybe the government knows more about cannabis than they've been letting on...?

In all honesty...probably not a bad thing. There is a book out, "Tell Your Children: The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness, and Violence", that puts forward factual links between pot, mental illness and violence. Maybe the government knows more about cannabis than they've been letting on...?

Or maybe they know more about guns than they want us to know too? o_Oo_Oo_O The government knows many things, even about aliens and other top secret information that only people like Agent Mulder and Scully could possibly reveal and bring to the surface to the rest of society.

I watched this great video and it had a lot of educational information about this very topic of dangers of marijuana, mental illness and violence.

I Believe.. The Government Knows Things.. Lots of Things :s0156:

I have smoked close to a metric sh!t ton of weed in my life. The crap weed you got back in the day was what you bought when the good weed wasnt in town and the stuff they sell at the corner weed store today isnt any better than that sweet, sweet, humboldt skunk of 1982. I'm employed, slightly intelligent , in a long stable relationship, relatively well off and good looking as hell .

I havent smoked any pot in a long time. Too long if you ask me but I build a tolerance in days and that irks me. I'd pass any pee or other body substance test no problemo today but that will not always be the case. I dont see a hit of weed as being any different that drinking a 6 pack of beer and that my friends is all I'd ever do of either in one session That crap about gateway drug is just that. Crap. People are wired differently. The addicts brain will get addicted to anything and everything and weed is just a step on their path to self destruction. Ive known people who'd get addicted to nasal spray , coffee etc. My dad always told me "I dont care what you do don't get addicted" . No problem.

Have fun, folks.

Anyone using substances on their own land and not bothering anyone, just goes on the list of crimes that aren't reported and are unable to quantify. Except the crimes committed and people killed to get said drugs into that guy's hands.

When it comes to synthetic narcotics, you and I both know its not easy to be a "functional" tweeker or junkie. Especially junkies that are coming down and are desperate for a hit to make the pain go away. By the number of people dying from opiate ODs or going psychotic from meth, you can't say the effects of use of synthetic narcotics doesn't effect more than just the guy on his rocking chair enjoying a gram between meals.

If you think about it, many of the people we arrest wouldn't ever get treatment if they weren't arrested. With as many diversion programs as there are, if they take treatment seriously, the can avoid convictions. If they F*** it off, they go where they take their punishment. These are the ones that dump their used needles in the toilet seat-cover box and some poor kid comes along later and gets poked.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads