JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This thread is awesome
Real world experience vs. people who watched reefer madness

Is there anyone still alive that actually watched "Reefer Madness"?

I smoked pot a bit in high school. That was quite a while ago and I haven't touched it since.

It NEVER made me want to stick a needle in my arm or snort powder up my nose. Just saying. :rolleyes:

One of my older brothers got me started on pot. Back in the late 60s it was renegade to experiment with other ways to warp consciousness too. He damn near killed me by making me huff Freon when I was only 16... I was circling the drain before I came to. Before I graduated high school, and in the next few years after, I tried a succession of other ways to get high besides pot. I won't list them because that wouldn't be smart. But never glue, and never heroin. Mostly everything else one can imagine. Soooo, IDK. It did lead me to other illicit drugs, but was it the age of Aquarius or some personal defect, or what. Maybe things are not the same for today's kids, IDK. I quit doing recreational drugs and alcohol when I met a gal with two kids, to be SAR in the USCG and to raise a family.

And do not spread your communist controlling views here

That's bold talk for a member here for years but only 23 posts.

DUI/DWI/Drugged to the gill, it's perfectly fine.

You aren't the boss of me.

Now, where are my keys?

I'll drive smashed as I want too. Control me, nooooooooo!

Me, I'll just duck out your drunken/drugged way... or not....oh sorry, in my state of bliss, I just killed you or your child or wife or brother or sister or mother, but I can drive impaired as I want, you aren't the boss of me...
Nobody here said we support driving under the influence...
We're just saying that people who want should be able to go down to a legitimate business acquire a plant, and go home to consume that plant... just like they do with beer.
Comparing junkies and potheads is like comparing house cats and mountain lions. Similar enough, but at two different extremes of the spectrum.

@bbbass you may have been driving, but from what I hear the weed available then was the equivelent of smoking strong tobacco, so maybe you never got messed up enough to feel impaired by it. ;)

And yes, I am pretty humored by this thread. Like listening to an echo!
:s0013::s0004:

@bbbass I'll admit that I know some people who smoke a ton of pot and drive, but a lot of them have DUI's and have had their licenses revoked. Some are still driving without the license... Really, they just lack good judgement and are a hazzard behind the wheel intoxicated or not.

@bbbass you may have been driving, but from what I hear the weed available then was the equivelent of smoking strong tobacco, so maybe you never got messed up enough to feel impaired by it. ;)

Oh yeah, all that hash I did was nothin. Walk in the park, man. Nobody in the 60s ever really got stoned and attended Woodstock, or Newport Rock Festival. Nobody was ever as stoned as people get today. :rolleyes: Just a bunch of old F's. Whatever. :rolleyes: I don't care because I don't get stoned, or bombed/drunk, any more and I think that people that do are either stupid or they are lacking something in their lives. They need to grow up, or they need to figure out how to deal with their demons.

Oh yeah, all that hash I did was nothin. Walk in the park, man. Nobody in the 60s ever really got stoned and attended Woodstock, or Newport Rock Festival. Nobody was ever as stoned as people get today. :rolleyes: Just a bunch of old F's. Whatever. :rolleyes: I don't care because I don't get stoned, or bombed/drunk, any more and I think that people that do are either stupid or they are lacking something in their lives. They need to grow up, or they need to figure out how to deal with their demons.
Yeah, I know I can be a brat! :s0113:

And, this is a subject that had been covered many,many times in the fairly recent past and in my opinion should be attached to that thread. It's just wasting space being repeated over and over again and again.:mad::mad::mad:

And, this is a subject that had been covered many,many times in the fairly recent past and in my opinion should be attached to that thread. It's just wasting space being repeated over and over again and again.:mad::mad::mad:
Now we're going to have a meme about that...

Well, I think the thread got started out different from where it wound up. Seems we all be gettin vociferous lately.

Potentially ATF could access that database and use it as a basis for denying a firearm purchase.
From what I hear from friends who smoke, I guess Oregon passed a law to prevent the collecting of pot purchase data? Or so Ive been told.. as that was a concern for many pot buyers. Not sure how well those records are kept or maintained or even if the pot is rang up as pot. It could be rang up as smoking paraphernalia, which is still legal since tobacco can be used in the same pipes and whatnot.

Well, I think the thread got started out different from where it wound up. Seems we all be gettin vociferous lately.
It's all the guncontrol being pushed, we're all on edge.
OP posts like this is like a dead whale to a bunch of hungry sharks.

Bass who is claiming expert on anything?? And yes I believe controlling people you are afraid of is communist.
And what is bad about being a lurker?? At least I'm not dumping my opinion and Un- supported facts every chance I get...

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads