JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
wired,

It is and someone else in this thread stated it's a gateway drug for hard drugs per a prior user/drug expert.

Some dispute this...not me.

Hard drugs are ok with some, not me.

Not because I'm some sort of 'holier than thou type'.

I've seen what hard drugs can do to people and their loved ones.

They should be and are 'outlawed'.

Don't want/like law?

Hey, I should be able to do whatever I care to without governmental interference...

Drug laws interfere with my freedom, mkay? So, what if my 'freedom' takes another step...darn cops are always on my case...those so in so's...I can do what I want as my heart is in the right place...uh-huh...

Anarchists aren't folks I agree with or being in lockstep regarding pretty much everything isn't something I agree with either, but drugged out/drunken people need to be controlled...they are a menace.

Known anyone who was killed due to drugs or booze>

Bet you do...

Drugged and drunk people need to be controlled?? You sir sound like they need to control the amount of ammo and size of clips they sell to you!!! Caffein is the gateway drug to pott!!! We need to control those coffee drinkers!!!!

I smoked pot a bit in high school. That was quite a while ago and I haven't touched it since.

It NEVER made me want to stick a needle in my arm or snort powder up my nose. Just saying. :rolleyes:

Drugged and drunk people need to be controlled?? You sir sound like they need to control the amount of ammo and size of clips they sell to you!!! Caffein is the gateway drug to pott!!! We need to control those coffee drinkers!!!!

Yeah, I always cringe when I hear someone say a certain group of people need to be "controlled".

I just find it ironic that people who scream and shake their fist about liberals promoting "sensible gun laws" because of all the misuse of firearms demand we spend billions and billions on drug enforcement task force, prisons, courts, lawyers and put the lives of innocent people at risk because they don't want people using something that could potentially be bad for their health. Oh, the irony of it all! Seriously, anyone who wants to fight a war on cannabis because they want to protect people from things that could be potentially dangerous should also support gun control , because people do have the tendency to abuse guns and bad people have killed people with guns. Twinkies have killed people. French fries are probably one of the most dangerous, heart killing, stroke inducing foods on the Earth. Why not raid potato farms and take out GMO vegetable oil manufacturers? THink of the billions we spend on health care because of the poor eating habits of people?

Anyway, our Founding Fathers grew cannabis and some of them consumed it. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson was known for separating their female plants from the male cannabis plants. Just think, had our Founding Fathers been alive today they would not be allowed to own guns and would have their homes raided by the DEA and thrown in prison for years. They should have known better! You just don't mess with the DEA and the huge amount of anti-drug laws. And, of course, don't dare use any substance not approved by our Food and Drug Administration. Only the FDA and Big Pharma know what is good for you, since you are just a dumb peasant!

And, if you own a post-ban fully automatic rifle you are violating the BATFE/ATF regulations and you will lose your gun rights and are a vile evil , child murdering criminal in the eyes of the gubermant as well.

I am just tired of the freakin hypocrisy. Some claim the drug war actually helps prevent people from turning into junkies. That is the biggest bunch of hogwash! Despite having the largest anti-drug task force and drug enforcement government agency in the world, we have an opiate epidemic of epic proportions and they have had studies proving that cannabis has actually reduced opiate dependencies in states where it is legalized. Heroin is cheaper than legal weed. That's right. People in Seattle get their heroin for pennies compared to what the price of even legal weed is. People are dying in mass numbers. Many people who are heroin junkies today use to be respectable citizens who ended up having bad injuries that required lots of pain medication that they ended up becoming addicted to. Once the pain meds run out, the heroin dealers are right around the corner and getting heroin is easier than buying a legal gun in Seattle.

The only thing prohibition achieves is increasing hte power of the government, drug lords, street gangs and turns junkies into poor zombies who are too afraid to get help for fear of being thrown in prison where they will be beaten, raped and possibly killed. How is turning a drug addict into a felon, so he can no longer work a legitimate job, take away his license for years and basically turn him into a lifelong criminal suppose to rehabilitate him/her? To e honest, I know God (or whatever you believe in) will make the government answer for this. You basically turn the durg addict into a criminal and make it harder for him to live a regular life and he is suppose to be better? All our system does is breed criminals and forces them to stay in the life of crime once they have a record for a crime that hurt nobody but themselves. As well, once a person is in the system they become a slave of the system and this empowers and enriches the government at the expense of the people. The drug lords, street gangs and bureaucrats are all too happy!

Clips?

No, let's all the drunks and drugged have their way.

Who are we to judge?

Yes I think that what most of us want! They can do as they please as the whole "your rights end where mine begin" is not broken. What your not in favor of others rights?

DUI/DWI/Drugged to the gill, it's perfectly fine.

You aren't the boss of me.

Now, where are my keys?

I'll drive smashed as I want too. Control me, nooooooooo!

Me, I'll just duck out your drunken/drugged way... or not....oh sorry, in my state of bliss, I just killed you or your child or wife or brother or sister or mother, but I can drive impaired as I want, you aren't the boss of me...

DUI/DWI/Drugged to the gill, it's perfectly fine.

You aren't the boss of me.

Now, where are my keys?

I'll drive smashed as I want too. Control me, nooooooooo!

Me, I'll just duck out your drunken/drugged way... or not....oh sorry, in my state of bliss, I just killed you or your child or wife or brother or sister or mother, but I can drive impaired as I want, you aren't the boss of me...

I don't see anywhere anyone is advocating for drunk or impaired driving. It seems it's pretty covered by DUI laws and such.

If you want to punish people for doing bad things, I think people who text on their phones while driving should serve some jail time also get DUIs (Drive While Distracted), because that is very dangerous.. Scientific studies have proven that people have even much less motor control, significantly reduced reaction times and loss of coordination when texting on a phone as oppose to even be drunk. Much more dangerous than sitting at home at night smoking a little weed. Yet, many of people who demand drugs be illegal and fight a drug war will go texting on their phone while driving and then plow into a bunch of kids at a crosswalk.

Just because something is legalized doesn't mean that it still wouldn't be illegal to consume it or be under the influence and drive.

Alcohol is legal, its still illegal to drink and drive. FFS, no matter where I go I can only have up to .04 alcohol in my blood, unless I'm in a state with a harsher restriction.

But if we're gonna use driving under the influence as the strawman, I guess we're igoring that its already illegal to drive under the influence.

Coffee... I get withdrawal. I don't think I wanna try any other dependencies!

I disagree entirely!!!!

Gaba Pentin works for me. I have bad neuropathy pain. Not much I can do about arthritis pain since I have kidney and liver problems and can't take arthritis meds any more. I don't think anti-inflamatory (sp) foods work that well. CBD balm works very well but I'd have to take a bath in it!!
I've seen way more potheads grab their keys and say "I'm too messed up to drive" than I've seen drunks do it. Usually I have to physically remove a drunks keys or pull some lame trick to get them away. Happens while going to parties and shows in Portland.

I've seen way more potheads grab their keys and say "I'm too messed up to drive" than I've seen drunks do it. Usually I have to physically remove a drunks keys or pull some lame trick to get them away. Happens while going to parties and shows in Portland.

Ah well, you'd know more than me. I'm not with the party and show crowd at all.

Ya know, I don't now what today's tokers do, but in the 60s and 70s we were driving to get burritos, cheeseburgers, Chitos, then coming back to watch Kung Fu and David Carradine. And we always toked up on the way to rock concerts, during, and on the way back. I used to get stoned and go to stripper clubs. In those days it was 25yrs for a coupla seeds found in the car and laws about DUI were not focused on those stoned on pot.

This whole discussion of alcohol vs pot is as old as a caveman, and just as boring... :s0013::s0013::s0013:

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR