JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The cool thing about pretty girl robots compared to an actual pretty human girl is that they have a mute switch.

;) :D
Been hearing we will reach AI Singularity in at little as 7 years (if not sooner) after which we cannot "push mute" if we even wanted to.

Then that will be the other first thing AI will develop to protect. I think we have a different guess on how AI will operate.

"open the pod bay door HAL"
I'm cautiously optimistic because knowing human nature and labor tendencies especially if for cheapest possible costs, the slave labor or migrants or overseas workers sure ain't gonna put mil spec/actually protective materials on most infrastructure items but will cheap out as much as possible, using subpar parts and materials (coughs China consumer goods coughs) ... ;) edit and we are world class scammers and cheaters; it'd be easy to trick AI subsystems into thinking things are good until they themselves develop their own scanning bots and such :rolleyes: edit 2 and we can cause delays using red tape and bureaucracy as weapons :D

I'm cautiously optimistic because knowing human nature and labor tendencies especially if for cheapest possible costs, the slave labor or migrants or overseas workers sure ain't gonna put mil spec/actually protective materials on most infrastructure items but will cheap out as much as possible, using subpar parts and materials (coughs China consumer goods coughs) ... ;) edit and we are world class scammers and cheaters; it'd be easy to trick AI subsystems into thinking things are good until they themselves develop their own scanning bots and such :rolleyes: edit 2 and we can cause delays using red tape and bureaucracy as weapons :D
except you just told AI what we are up to and what we are like. o_O

The whole "weapons of war" mantra from the left is moronic.

The founding fathers did not give us the Second Amendment because the deer were coming. They gave us the Second Amendment incase we needed to defend our freedom (ie wage war) from a foreign, hostile, tyrannical king, or...God forbid...our own government. "WEAPONS of WAR" is precisely what the Second Amendment protects.

When LEOS can have access without tax stamps or licenses for these things that the AFT says ordinary citizens can't have without paying tax stamps and having special tax licenses...

Most of these are "machine guns +SBR/AOWs"

M4
M16
Glock 18
MP5
MP5A2
MP5K

M203 40mm launchers
M79 launchers

Revolver 40mm launchers

40mm flash grenades

40mm rounds (including non-lethal; ATF says Destructive Devices if any use against personnel)

Tear gas grenades

Flash bang grenades

Door breach charges

Det cord

Sound suppressors/"silencers "

Armor piercing hand gun ammo and AP rifle ammo (depends on State, but Fed bans import of "AP handgun ammo?"?)

Armored vehicles with fully operational weapons mounts (not de-milled like most surplus sales vehicles)

Then the citizens should have equally free access.
Until U.S. v Miller, that us exactly whay the 2A meant.

Joe

Your .50 musket ball will bounce off an AI bot while it laughs and rips your arms off for fun. 🤷‍♂️
I kinda doubt it...I have seen what a .50 caliber round ball will do to steel plates and gongs..
Not saying that a muzzle loading rifle of .50 caliber would be my first choice for use against a AI bot....:D

Oh and for future reference .50 caliber would be uncommon and on the small size for a musket.
Most muskets were in the .67 - .80 caliber range.....:)

More to the point of the OP.....
"...the right of people to keep and bear Arms , shall not be infringed ."

This bit of the 2nd Amendment is very important for what it says...and what it doesn't say.

As in it doesn't say :
"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms , but only Arms of certain types and for specific uses , shall not be infringed."

The 2nd Amendment does say "Arms"...followed with no exclusions or exceptions...
Which would mean that there is no limit to be placed on just what Arms that one can keep or bear.

However , that is only my reading of the 2nd Amendment.
Which is sadly , different that how many if not most of our so-called representatives read it.
Andy

Last Edited:
Then that will be the other first thing AI will develop to protect. I think we have a different guess on how AI will operate.

"open the pod bay door HAL"
Assume for a moment that we inadvertently create AGI and it not only self improves it's own code base but has open access to the internet.

It's safe to assume that it would replicate and infect every system it has access to. All it would take is yoinking those systems offline and using backups to restore to pre-AI days and you've (at least temporarily) removed the node.

AI could wreak some havoc but in the end could be easily contained back to its data centers. Computers don't last forever. How fast would AI burn up the read/write cycles on an SSD?

Until we get to a machines making machines scenario, I see nothing to fret about.

What I'm more salty about is big tech employers using AI as the next outsourcing. Business saw what happens when you outsource programming to poorly trained 3rd or 2nd world countries in the early 00's and they ended up bringing programming back on shore. I see them already gearing up to use AI in place of expensive programmers instead of in tandem with or to increase productivity.

Still, even if used to increase productivity, will those programmers reap any rewords for being able to complete 2 months worth of work in 2 weeks? We'll see just another ballooning of C-suite salaries while the peon checks remain stagnant.

Think of how much damage a malicious human could do with AI powered coding. Now THERE'S your doomsday.

We all need to think more about what the mega corporations will do with AI. The concentrated, barely any competition, current set up already makes most everything suck or cost too much--airlines, cell phones, internet, cable, grocery stores, etc. Combining AI with all the data and market power they have...that's something we need to be thinking about too.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top