JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been at odds sometimes with the NRA in the past. However, they are the best at what they do and I will continue to support them as long as they do it! If you live in Washington or Oregon, you are in a gun hostile environment, both by Government and by the Liberals. You are crazy not to support the NRA?

I think the original post is so far off from where the conversation has gone that it's best to close the thread. Bickering and anecdotal stories about memberships isn't furthering the case, and the simple answer is: any organization that fights for the rights of ALL Americans to keep and bear arms is worth supporting. There's no sense in muddling it with the "what's in it for me?" garbage. That's the selfish millennial mentality that most of us are in opposition to, isn't it? If you don't want to be bothered, then don't.

I think the original post is so far off from where the conversation has gone that it's best to close the thread. Bickering and anecdotal stories about memberships isn't furthering the case, and the simple answer is: any organization that fights for the rights of ALL Americans to keep and bear arms is worth supporting. There's no sense in muddling it with the "what's in it for me?" garbage. That's the selfish millennial mentality that most of us are in opposition to, isn't it? If you don't want to be bothered, then don't.
I believe the original post was actually asking or at least gave the vibe of "what's in it for me"...
:s0013:

I think the better question any one thinking about this should be asking is, What do I stand to Loose?!?!?!? What is freedom worth to you? What, $30 a year? That's a good burger and a few beers ONE friggin meal! Why not join for one year, see how it goes! Forget the crap you hear about the mailings and phone calls, ask to be taken off the lists, easy peasy! Take the time to learn about the things the NRA can and does for you, I think you will find the small cost of membership FAR out weighs every thing else!

And unless your homeowners insurance has a SPECIFIC binder for firearms theft, you're not getting didly squat if they're stolen. Which is a lot more likely than losing them in a fire. Especially since you plastered your inventory on a public forum.

This made me a little curious so I spoke with my USAA agent, I was told that my insurance will cover theft from my home, from auto, and even if I just left something in the woods. Covered. Solid company, with no worries about the fine print.

This made me a little curious so I spoke with my USAA agent, I was told that my insurance will cover theft from my home, from auto, and even if I just left something in the woods. Covered. Solid company, with no worries about the fine print.
My BIL had Farmers, and when $45,000 worth walked out the front door, they paid for the scopes was all. He got $6,000. They considered guns to be "high risk." Important to check with your agent now, like you did. USAA is obviously for a different caliber of person than the common offering.

My BIL had Farmers, and when $45,000 worth walked out the front door, they paid for the scopes was all. He got $6,000. They considered guns to be "high risk." Important to check with your agent now, like you did. USAA is obviously for a different caliber of person than the common offering.

Oh that is awful! I need to call my father tomorrow and have him check with his insurance company.

I get more satisfaction out of GOA. Seems as though they are more active in what's going on in the different states. Close to what OFF does here in Oregon. Dues are what ever you want to donate. They put out a monthly news letter/bulletin which does in [ my opinion ] a better job of informing gun owners what's going on.;);)

I send $100 a year to OFF. The NRA seems to have abandoned the left coast politically. A year and a half ago after our local range burnt down (thinking it was the jerk neighbor who took us all the way to the State Zoning Appeals Board trying to close us) the NRA, the NSSF and several NWF members stepped up with generous donations to help us rebuild. I will be checking to box to add an annual NRA membership to my range renewal this year.

I have also always appreciated Ginny Simone Reporting.

USAA only covers firearms you have a specific rider for. I pay and additional ~$400 yearly for my guns with USAA in addition to my regular homeowners policy. The stand alone homeowners policy does NOT cover firearms.

USAA only covers firearms you have a specific rider for. I pay and additional ~$400 yearly for my guns with USAA in addition to my regular homeowners policy. The stand alone homeowners policy does NOT cover firearms.

Interesting. I am a renter, so I have renters insurance with a valuable personal property policy. The VPP runs me about $100/year. I am guessing the value of my firearms that are in my rental are significantly less than yours. I added one gun to the policy last night and the cost of my policy decreased $4.00 per six months.

Interesting. I am a renter, so I have renters insurance with a valuable personal property policy. The VPP runs me about $100/year. I am guessing the value of my firearms that are in my rental are significantly less than yours. I added one gun to the policy last night and the cost of my policy decreased $4.00 per six months.
Lol, go figure

Its all based on value. I insure my stuff at full replacement value and include the cost of tax stamps for the NFA stuff as well. Somewhere around $30K worth of insurance value. I always get a kick out of watching antiques roadshow when the tell people their grandfathers painting has an insurance value of $200K. A rider for something that valuable would be around $2500 per year unless you could prove it is fully secured.

I am a Life Benefactor Member. I started many years ago an a yearly member. Slowly adding to it as the years went by. My main reason is for participation in sanctioned matches. Precision Pistol now, plus Outdoor Prone 40+years ago. Also my club is a 100% club.

It's the most powerful pro gun organization we have. I just mailed a check to sign up our daughter-in-law.
Two years ago we upgraded our grandson to Life Member. Just because we have a pro gun President doesn't mean the threat is gone, and it can all change in 8 years if the anti's have their way.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top