JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As a member of the NRA, you have nothing to loose and every thing to gain! The Political side of the NRA is just one slice of the big pie, there is so much the NRA offers that goes beyond the political, yet few see it or ever take advantage of it! Right now at this time in American History we face unprecedented challenges against a very real and important part of our life style of freedoms, The NRA is THE one power that stands against those challenges at the national level! Every Politician that ever had a wet dream of disarming the people has a serious FEAR of the NRA, Killery flat out bragged about her singlehandedly holding off the NRA, and when ever Wane takes the stage all foaming at the mouth, the Politicians run and hide in their safe spaces, because HE pizzes them off to no end with the truth of their lies! Join the NRA and see where it takes you, if more did just that ( like etrain16 and others have pointed out) just think of where YOU and your freedoms will be then! THIS is how we beat back against Bloomingturd, this is how we the people get back what was taken from us!
Remember this: United we stand, Divided we fall! How about giving the NRA a chance to show you what your membership is really worth!

As a member of the NRA, you have nothing to loose and every thing to gain! The Political side of the NRA is just one slice of the big pie, there is so much the NRA offers that goes beyond the political, yet few see it or ever take advantage of it! Right now at this time in American History we face unprecedented challenges against a very real and important part of our life style of freedoms, The NRA is THE one power that stands against those challenges at the national level! Every Politician that ever had a wet dream of disarming the people has a serious FEAR of the NRA, Killery flat out bragged about her singlehandedly holding off the NRA, and when ever Wane takes the stage all foaming at the mouth, the Politicians run and hide in their safe spaces, because HE pizzes them off to no end with the truth of their lies! Join the NRA and see where it takes you, if more did just that ( like etrain16 and others have pointed out) just think of where YOU and your freedoms will be then! THIS is how we beat back against Bloomingturd, this is how we the people get back what was taken from us!
Remember this: United we stand, Divided we fall! How about giving the NRA a chance to show you what your membership is really worth!

Straight gospel man!! I love it. I've been on this forum for less than 24 hours and you guys are waaaay more impressive than the fellas on the east coast(where I'm from) forums. So much, that I'm going to donate to this forum right now.

Last Edited:
Straight gospel man!! I love it. I've been on this forum for less than 24 hours and you guys are waaaay more impressive than the fellas on the east coast forums. So much, that I'm going to donate to this forum right now.
Welcome to NWFA! No need to point out the number of awesome folks here a bouts, you found um! Seriously, Glad to have you with us!

The NRA isn't perfect. They were pretty much off the mark a couple decades ago with appeasement. Since then, they've gotten better and much more outspoken.

As far as their efforts in Oregon, a 'national' NRA spokesman would do more harm than good because a lot of Oregonians on both sides resent out of state interference. Probably why you didn't hear Bloomberg's name last year; they tried to keep that hidden as much as possible. Better to have a local spokesperson for the NRA (and stated as representing Oregon NRA members) as well as local groups doing the talking. But the best method is individuals contacting the politicos with their views.

As far as the money goes, that's like trying to feed your chickens while they're in an alligator pit. We're so outnumbered by anti's along the I5 corridor that you can't spend enough money to convince anyone to change their mind. They best way to gain the advantage there is to import a few million pro-gun folks to change the balance.

elsie

Why do you think the anti's and liberal's attack the NRA so often? It is because they are the most powerful and effective political organization we have to protect our 2nd Amendment rights. If they were not effective, the anti's would not spend their time and money in their attempts to make them look so evil like they do. The fact that the anti's are so scared of them makes me want to support the NRA even more than just paying for basic membership.

Why do you think the anti's and liberal's attack the NRA so often? It is because they are the most powerful and effective political organization we have to protect our 2nd Amendment rights. If they were not effective, the anti's would not spend the time and money in their attempts to make them look so evil like they do. The fact that the anti's are so scared of them makes me want to support the NRA even more than just paying for basic membership.
BINGO!!

After my dues for life Member status are settled, I still plan on donating to the NRA-ILA on a quarterly basis.

First thing first...I know some will look at this question and take offense BUT I do not mean it that way.I want to have an educated 2017 discussion on the NRA membership pros and cons.
(This was asked back in 2009 but I think an updated discussion would be good to have.)

So I have looked at either a yearly ($30) or lifetime ($600) membership to the NRA. As it sits it looks like my "benefits" are as follows:
  • NRA patch (DONT WANT IT OR NEED IT)
  • Monthly Magazine (DONT WANT IT OR NEED IT)
  • Membership Card and Decals (DONT WANT IT OR NEED IT)Do I?
  • $7,500 gun insurance (I have home owners insurance)
The only other thing I can think of is lobbyist....Now I personally from experience know that a letter to my congress person or senator (in large numbers) is MUCH more effective than any lobbyist group. Just most times people don't make the effort to send these letters.

All this being said am I missing any vital pieces of information? I truly want to know if there are truly any valid benefits either personally or COMUNIALY to having a membership. I know 30 years ago the way things were was completely different than they are now (even 10 years ago) so I am asking.
You forgot the cool camo duffel bag. As much as you try to convince yourself you don't need it, you know you want it. :cool:

No loyalty update required by me; opines of soured pundits notwithstanding; I am a regular contributing, NRA life member. I did not join for "stuff". I believe the NRA has invested my contributions fruitfully towards supporting our 2nd amendment freedoms Not to mention right to self preservation, along with public awareness of gun safety, ownership, and sporting use which I see as invaluable within itself.
Frankly I feel I get more return for my money with the NRA, than Netflix and Amazon combined for sure!

Straight gospel man!! I love it. I've been on this forum for less than 24 hours and you guys are waaaay more impressive than the fellas on the east coast(where I'm from) forums. So much, that I'm going to donate to this forum right now.
The PNW has a long history of independence and gun ownership. Our gunsmiths of yore and hunters have been practically immortalized. I am sure you have heard of Jack O'Connor and Elmer Keith. Maybe not Al Biesen, a 'smith from Spokane. Heck, WA has always been a shall issue and open carry state long before it was an issue. See the WA constitution about the RTKBA We like our outdoors and our guns in general. Welcome to freedom (and the great PNW), even if it may be currently under attack fueled by hysteria. As for the NRA (or other organization) question, I will never be a member. I don't want my name on any roll. I do support them, however. My last $250 donation came with a rifle (NRA Firearms for Freedom purchase) which beats the carp outta some hat and stickers. Course, my wife claimed it and demanded I customize it to her specifications if I wanted to continue to add to my growing collection. I will add some eye candy later...it will not be to everyone's liking, though.o_O

The PNW has a long history of independence and gun ownership. Our gunsmiths of yore and hunters have been practically immortalized. I am sure you have heard of Jack O'Connor and Elmer Keith. Maybe not Al Biesen, a 'smith from Spokane. Heck, WA has always been a shall issue and open carry state long before it was an issue. See the WA constitution about the RTKBA We like our outdoors and our guns in general. Welcome to freedom (and the great PNW), even if it may be currently under attack fueled by hysteria. As for the NRA (or other organization) question, I will never be a member. I don't want my name on any roll. I do support them, however. My last $250 donation came with a rifle (NRA Firearms for Freedom purchase) which beats the carp outta some hat and stickers. Course, my wife claimed it and demanded I customize it to her specifications if I wanted to continue to add to my growing collection. I will add some eye candy later...it will not be to everyone's liking, though.o_O
Thanks for the welcome...not sure if you noticed but the old geezer in my avatar is indeed the legend, Elmer Keith. You must be married to one heck of a gal!

Sometimes there are promotions by firearm manufacturers that will pay your first years dues. It's not all about money. Simply adding your name to the membership list helps. Good thread

Thanks for the welcome...not sure if you noticed but the old geezer in my avatar is indeed the legend, Elmer Keith. You must be married to one heck of a gal!
She is a first generation American, been a US citizen for several years now, and she loves freedom, the color pink, and me.
Her rifle:
20170118_192424.jpg
My first range results @100 yds:
20160925_171158.jpg
That'll do, kitty...that'll do.

Because ranting to the choir on online gun forums won't help defends gun rights. And there just are not enough of us willing to protest like the anti-trumpers and we don't destroy property to make the news and get noticed. But I do credit the recall effort in influencing the dropping the hi-cap mag ban. That was gun owners standing together (Great work guys even if no one did get recalled it did send a message) and where was the NRA in that? Probably addressing "National" issues.

If you don't want to support them support somebody. Yes, I agree they have let us down here on the NW. I did question the caller when they called me for more money and I also sent a letter to the NRA questioning that.

Maybe money best spent with local efforts like OFF. However, I will still support the NRA. I realize there are liberal trolls that will try to discredit them because they do send out a flyer to notify voters what candidates are pro-gun and those that are anti-gun. Hey, guess what most of those running for office that is anti-gun just happen to be a democrat. But I have also read where they clearly endorsed democrats that were pro-gun problem is there are so few of them.

So if you are a liberal gun owner. I do understand why you can't support NRA but its your job to get more democrat leaders to be pro-gun and then maybe the NRA will not seem so Republican to you.

Last Edited:
Because ranting to the choir on online gun forums wont help defend gun rights . And there just are not enough of us willing to protest like the anti-trumpers to make the news and get noticed. But I do credit the recall effort in influencing dropping the hi-cap mag ban. That was gun owners standing together (Great work guys even if no one did get recalled it did send a message) and where was the NRA in that.

If you don't want to support them support somebody. Yes I agree they have let us down here on the NW. I did question the caller when they called me for more money and I also sent a letter to the NRA questioning that.

Maybe money best spent with local efforts like OFF. How ever I will still support the NRA. I realize there are liberal trolls that will try to discredit them because they do send out a flyer to notify voters what candidates are pro gun and those that are anti gun. Hey guess what most of those running for office that are anti-gun just happen to be democrat. But I have also read where they clearly endorsed democrats that were pro gun problem is there are so few of them.

So if you are a liberal gun owner. I do understand why you can't support NRA but its your job to get more democrats to be pro gun and then maybe the NRA will not seem so Replublican to you.

Being new to the PNW, I was unaware of how the NRA has let you guys down. I come from Maryland (The Free State, lol) and my old homeplace was about an hours drive from the NRA headquarters in Fairfax, VA. They really go to bat for freedom loving Marylanders, as the pols in MD have been hacking away at our 2A rights quite viciously. The NRA is extremely active in the Mid-Atlantic and I appreciate that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top