JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think of them as the AK-47 of handguns. They aren't elegant or attractive and usually not as accurate as some high dollar 1911. But they are very reliable, accurate enough for most situations you'd need a handgun for, have good capacity, very tough, and reasonably priced. You probably won't shed a tear if you drop it on a concrete floor like you could about your Wilson Combat 1911. I like the utilitarian aspects of it. It's not a work of art, it's a tool.
I usually prefer shooting a 1911 at the range, but the glock is what will be protecting me to and from the range (or anywhere else).

Glocks are the AKs of pistols. I also like them because I can get them for a nice price with my LEO discount (yes I know there are other guns you can get discounts on). I recently picked up a Gen4 G23 with factory night sights for $455 out the door. They are also like Hondas because there are so many parts for them and easy to get. They have high capacity capabilities as well and light weight. I think the full size Glocks look kinda weird but the compacts are the best looking IMHO. Oh and as we all know they are reliable.

I own beautiful firearms , I carry and fire my Glocks because it seems to me that going bang when you want it to is vastly superior to click .
(besides , it seems to drive 1911 guys nuts ) Safe queens are great , but my Glock goes with me everywhere .

I own beautiful firearms , I carry and fire my Glocks because it seems to me that going bang when you want it to is vastly superior to click .
(besides , it seems to drive 1911 guys nuts ) Safe queens are great , but my Glock goes with me everywhere .

I'd hope that you were a Glock fan with a name like DERGLOCKINMEISTER.:cool:

But why do Glock fans seem to think that a Glock is the only gun that goes bang every time you pull the trigger?:huh:

For the record, while I'm not a Glock owner I have nothing against them. I even own a polymer frame hand gun. I keep checking this thread to see if anyone posts any "real" reasons they favor the Glock.

1. dependable
2. affordable
3. available accessories
4. accurate
5. simple operation , easy to disassemble & clean
6. utilitarian
7. light
8. many holster combinations
9. recognizable
10. natural feel in my hand
11. confidence in my ability with them
12. all operate the same

Pretty ? no I.m not looking to impress the person who will see my weapon , I'm looking to perforate him

ive never had a ftf or a fte on a glock and i have a friend on here whos a ffl i wont mention an names but he has a glock 21 and has not cleaned it on purpose and has just put 7000 rounds though it to find out whats she got so far so good thats pretty dependable its not pretty but let face it there made to kill people and they go bang every time thats all i care about

These Glock threads almost make me want to suck start one of mine with all the predictable back-and-forth.

To answer the question - They're highly reliable (gen 3 9mms in particular are about as boringly reliable as you can get). They're extremely resistant to environmental conditions. The price is right. Mags, parts and accessories are widely available and generally affordable. There are a small number parts and they are easy to field or detail strip and work on. Ability to interchange said mags and parts. Same manual of arms across a wide variety of sizes and calibers. They have more than adequate accuracy for social work. Low bore axis for rapid follow ups. Personally they fit my hand very well. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Glocks are what work for me and are the platform I've consolidated to, and the same is true of several others in my shooting circle. Some others don't like them and have gone with another platform. Some others do the gun of month/week thing. Whatever you're comfortable with, works for you, floats your boat, and so on and so forth... In the end its the Indian, not the arrow.

The one thing I love about them is how easy they are to clean/lube. I also like all the accessories/aftermarket stuff to pimp it out a bit. I don't care if they are pretty or not. If I want art I'll buy a painting.

After reading the responses to the original question,I'm guessing just to piss everyone else off.

I don't get the grip angle problem.My glock holds just the same as my 1911 did.I didn't have any problems switching over

As classic as the 1911 is, and as much as I love them, technology moves on, and out of the nextgen handguns out there on the market, (I can't believe I'm saying this and I'm typing with a paper bag on my head), Glock stands at the top. After years of denial I have finally purchased one, and after getting used to it I think in 100 years the Glock will be every bit as classic as the 1911. May John Browning forgive me.

1. dependable
2. affordable
3. available accessories
4. accurate
5. simple operation , easy to disassemble & clean
6. utilitarian
7. light
8. many holster combinations
9. recognizable
10. natural feel in my hand
11. confidence in my ability with them
12. all operate the same

Pretty ? no I.m not looking to impress the person who will see my weapon , I'm looking to perforate him

Could not have said it any better than this if I tried to! +1 :s0155:

- G

Because they'll do this..every time..with ZERO malfunctions of any kind...

GoodGlock.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads