JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Glock vs 1911 Winner GLOCK!
Glock vs XD Winner GLOCK!
9mm vs .45 Winner GLOCK!
AR vs AK Winner GLOCK!
Piston vs gas Winner GLOCK!

Or at least that is the way it is for some "I touch myself every time I hear the word GLOCK" fanboys.:s0112:

Lol. That's too funny. Lol.

I own an (Italian made) 92F, a 1911A1, a PT145, and a few other pistols and revolvers, but I sport a Glock-30 as my CCW. I can hit dirt clods (on purpose) on the 50-yard back stop with it over at Tri-County all day long, and considering its only a 3"+ barrel... that ain't bad!

What I REALLY do hate however (yes I'm a hater), is those of you who make posts that are longer than the New Testament w/o any PARAGRAPH BREAKS!!! Curse you, and your children!!

I don't dislike glocks infact I still own one, glock has a good business model they built cheap sell reasonable saturate the police market and their advertisements are second to none.

I do dislike the this idea that Glock is a perfect handgun and is infalable, this idea seems to be common among people who don't much experience with other guns and therefore it's hard to show them the light

some problems with glocks:

the kabooms in 40 cal
bulged cases
pig nosed frames - can be bad enough to cause failures
spongey trigger
no lead thru the barrels
VERY suseptible to failures from limp wristing
mediocre accuracy unless you get a match barrel then you lose reliability
cracked frame rails
thick grips - long trigger reach

like all guns they are not perfect, but the glock fanboys just don't seem to get it and when you back then into a corner with logic they lash out at 1911's

I do dislike the this idea that Glock is a perfect handgun and is infalable.

I have never heard anyone say that, or anything remotely close to that in any Glock thread I've ever read on any forum.

some problems with glocks:

the kabooms in 40 cal
bulged cases
pig nosed frames - can be bad enough to cause failures
spongey trigger
no lead thru the barrels
VERY suseptible to failures from limp wristing
mediocre accuracy unless you get a match barrel then you lose reliability
cracked frame rails
thick grips - long trigger reach

You have outlined dislikes, not problems. Glocks were purposefully designed, engineered, and built with polygonal rifling and unsupported chambers for a specific reason. Cases bulge in any auto pistol with a throated chamber, XD's, 1911's, CZ's, etc. "Kabooms" in Glocks are most always related to either the firing of reloaded ammunition, or else the use of lead bullets, both of which Glock warns against using in their manual they supply with every gun they sell.

Any auto pistol is susceptible to malfunction if limp wristed. Glocks are service pistols and self defense weapons, they are not target pistols, and were never designed as such. They deliver acceptable accuracy for within the parameters of which they were designed. If you want a target pistol, then that is what you should purchase, not a self defense weapon. If you wanted to haul plywood would you buy a pickup, or a Focus?

Bill, you defend your glocks like a middle school kid who was told their favorite sports team sucks. you get a bent out of shape and apparently forget how to read.

if you haven't heard that "my glock goes bang EVERY time" then then you either don't get out much or you are full of BS. My glock doesn't go bang everytime if a noob shoots it i'm likely to see a fail to feed or if I shoot it lefty at the end of a long day. While true that most guns have a problem with limpwristing my DA/SA guns will only fail to lock open and my strkers are not as bad as my glock i'd say it has something to do with the design maybe the grip angle.

I though that you were a pretty experienced shooter having 4 decades under your gun belt but it seems that even you can't hear the truth without getting worked up it is true that some of what I said was opinion and personal preference but I put them up there because I'm not the only one who thinks so

so what about the other things???
cracked frames?
can't shoot it with a light on the rail?

BTW chambers weren't designed to be thin walled on the .40 (kaboom) glock was too cheap to redesign the gun when they went from 9 to 40 and add that to the loose chamber these .40's can't handle an overload. Sorry but that is what I consider a design fault. Glock wasn't the only company that had trouble making a 9 shoot 40 but only a fanboy would try to defend it

This is exactly the conversation that irks people about die hard glock owners. Glocks are good and they work just fine but they have faults and you should be able to come to terms with that

This is exactly the conversation that irks people about die hard glock owners. Glocks are good and they work just fine but they have faults and you should be able to come to terms with that

Going back to the original post, I think what separates "Glockheads" from normal Glock owners is, normal Glock owners CAN come to terms with the shortcomings, while "Glockheads" cannot, and therefor there is no arguing with them.

You like to whine about Glocks. Your complaints are so foolish I don't even know why I bother. "Cracked Frames"? Where? On the range rental guns that go over 1,000,000 rounds, or on the Internet forum you gather at after work, when your wife doesn't have anything better or more productive for you to do? You are *exactly the kind of person that irks people who own Glocks,* and have shot them for years. You simply don't know what you are talking about, and like to pick fights by putting forth a lot of stupid bull$h!t, pure and simple, you cannot back up. If your case was a law suit, the judge would be scolding you while the rest of the courtroom was laughing out loud.

And let's assume, for argument sake, a Glock has cracked a frame or 2, or several. Do you have any facts, numbers, or links their frame failure rate is any worse than Taurus, Beretta, Springfield, H&K, Kel-Tec, or anyone else for that matter, based on how many *millions* of pistols they have produced and sold over the last 25 years? No, not in the least. Again, you don't have a clue, or want one. You provide nothing but more Internet blather. Then, you have the foolish audacity to wonder why people get pissed off at you, along with your foolish comments you cannot back up with an ounce of fact.

The chambers on .40 S&W Glocks are thicker than on the same caliber XD's and Beretta's. If you doubt me, walk away from your keyboard long enough with a ball mike, (assuming you even have one), and check it. I have.

What is this silly nonsense of, "Can't shoot it with a light on the rail", crap coming from? Something else you picked up on a forum from a former Glock owner, who had issues with walking and chewing gum at the same time? Do you have any idea how many Glock pistols are shot every single day in the exact configuration you've just described? You don't have a clue, or want one. Do you just make this stuff up as you go along? Stop making noise. It's bothersome to listen to, worthless to reply to, and even more foolish to try and analyze. Amy Winehouse was smarter in comparison. I hear your wife calling you. Please don't take this as a personal attack and go away angry. Just go away. Bill T.

Bill, you seem upset, was it something I said if so I'm very sorry.

Glock had a recall on their frames because they made a large number of them with the rear frame rails folded without a raduis in the corner. And the problem with the lights was documented by several police forces and glock said that the lights were too heavy or some such nonsense they were soaking up recoil and causing feed problem ala limpwrist.

I won't be doing any research for you but I assume that you can use google.

If you like to continue to blindly defend your gun I'd be glad to keep poking fun at you

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews