JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
i dont "hate them" for me its the sight picture
1911 has a smaller sight profile if you look down the slide and sights
the glock shesh feels and looks like shooting of a flight deck and has a larger
profile when looking down the slide and sights

and i agree with sarge "the "Glockheads" popping with "Glocks are THE BEST, because they go bang every time", that is when the "hatin" begins."
thats when i chime in with the history of the 1911

Well put about the hate word and the ergo's of them. But I was speaking mearly from my experience. If my glocks said sig or XD or whatever on them it wouldnt matter to me if they were reliable. But they say glock so for me they are the most reliable I have owned pistol wise. It may or may not be the best pistol out there, but for my system it perfect. I do alot of light and fast stuff so the light weight high cap and the durability is what gives it the one up on other weapons for me.

[...]
I'll admit to joking about them being hand-grenades myself.:s0114:[...]

Everything you need to know about Glocks and explosives is right here.

howaglockworks.gif

So.....The "attitude" of the owners of Glock pistols had nothing to do with your not buying the pistol. It was the grip angle, correct? Bill T.

Bill, you should read all of my post and do it without that chip on your shoulder. Back when I was looking at a Glock to purchase, they were not nearly as popular as they are now, and without the internet I wasn't subject to the "attitude" that I refer to. Also in my post was the reason that I didn't purchase the one I was looking at.
Just for you I will re-state that reason.
I was looking for a double stack .45 and the grip to me felt like latching onto a 2x4. The girth was more than I was comfortable with. In that post I believe that I also stated that the grip angle didn't bother me, as it's pretty close the the Ruger .22 that I grew up shooting.
Lighten up, Dude.

i dont "hate them" for me its the sight picture
1911 has a smaller sight profile if you look down the slide and sights
the glock shesh feels and looks like shooting of a flight deck and has a larger
profile when looking down the slide and sights

and i agree with sarge "the "Glockheads" popping with "Glocks are THE BEST, because they go bang every time", that is when the "hatin" begins."
thats when i chime in with the history of the 1911

all the sights need is a different mounting point.

Actually the o.p. asked "Why do some people hate glocks so much?

Which is the biggest reason I think the Glock hate comes from people "hatin'" the Glock snobs. "Hate" is a pretty strong
strong word to use because you dislike the ergonomics, or the feel of plastic, or the manual of arms, or whatever. But whenever the topic of what's the best firearm comes up and you have all the "Glockheads" popping with "Glocks are THE BEST, because they go bang every time", that is when the "hatin" begins. I'm sorry but Glocks DON'T go bang EVERY TIME, for one thing. For that too be true every Glock would have had to go bang every time, and I know for a fact that they have NOT. Some people are willing to take a gun that is 98% reliable over a 99% reliable gun because they can shoot
a tighter group, shoot faster, use as a hammer, or whatever.

Good point cyclesarge. I myself have been a victim of "glockism" by listening to a new shooter brag about how great glocks are and that they the best gun ever made. Even though that's the only gun that they have ever held, owned, or seen on grand theft auto. I've walked away thinking "what a idiot" without even realizing that I also, had just contributed to the hate.

Unfortunally, there are alot of those "new shooters" in this thread that make it almost impossible to have a reasonable discussion on the issue.

Back when we had handguns over here, I had three Glocks, just because I could, one of each of the models then available, including the long-slide version. Having almost 30,000 rounds of free 9mm Para to shoot every year was a big incentive, too. They were fun and freaky in a world of Colts and SIGs - not comparing them with revolvers of course, just other semi's.

As for perceived quality, all the points have been made right here. Please note that the Swiss Armed Forces have just decided to ditch all their SIGs and go over entirely to Glocks - THAT has to tell you something.

tac

When a glock cost half the price of a sig then why wouldn't they switch? If it's anything like the American government then they go with the lowest bidder also (among other reasons).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that glocks aren't realible, but just sayin.

And you would fit in the last paragraph of my post.

Not hardly, because as was said in the post above your last one, not every gun goes bang every time, as you so falsely claim. I'm not a "fan boy" or whatever current buzz word you want to tag Glock owners with. I own and shoot several of them because they perform far better than any other self defense pistol I have ever owned in over 40 years of shooting.

When they first came on to the market, like many others I laughed at them. However after taking the time to understand and work with the platform, my opinion of them has changed more drastically than it has on any other type of handgun. The actual performance of the weapon itself in years of shooting thousands of rounds, in all types of shooting scenarios is what changed my opinion, not off the wall Internet hype written by people who in all likelihood, have never pulled the trigger on one. Bill T.

cash=no credit card fee

Correct me if I am wrong but the glock frames are made out of a nylon polymer (number 6 blend I believe that golck patented and will not release specs). Which is also used in the manufacturing of the some Kevlar vest and has 3 times the strength of steal of the same weight. The whole "plastic gun" thing is just another complaint from people who like other options out there. Which is fine, but educate yourself before coming on a forum and talking about how steel frame guns are way more durable or whatever. There is way to many test out there to show that it is actually the other way around.

ps. these same people probably have an AR in the safe that has more magpul plastic on it then a Tonka truck.

Nah not at all, I wasn't being serious either. Just venting because over the weekend I went with a friend that was in the market for a new pistol and laid his card down and the owner of the shop informed him that the CC fee went up another 5.5% so it added another 70 bucks onto the gun. I was blown away, so we went to the bank and grabbed the cash.

Nah not at all, I wasn't being serious either. Just venting because over the weekend I went with a friend that was in the market for a new pistol and laid his card down and the owner of the shop informed him that the CC fee went up another 5.5% so it added another 70 bucks onto the gun. I was blown away, so we went to the bank and grabbed the cash.

They're just recovering fees they get charged when you use a CC.

Not hardly, because as was said in the post above your last one, not every gun goes bang every time, as you so falsely claim. I'm not a "fan boy" or whatever current buzz word you want to tag Glock owners with. I own and shoot several of them because they perform far better than any other self defense pistol I have ever owned in over 40 years of shooting.

When they first came on to the market, like many others I laughed at them. However after taking the time to understand and work with the platform, my opinion of them has changed more drastically than it has on any other type of handgun. The actual performance of the weapon itself in years of shooting thousands of rounds, in all types of shooting scenarios is what changed my opinion, not off the wall Internet hype written by people who in all likelihood, have never pulled the trigger on one. Bill T.

And I can say that a glock will get the job done, but not as nicely as a 1911 would. How would that matter on what I posted? If you actually read my post with a open mind instead of thinking that im bashing on glocks then you would see it for what it is. But your "this can do it better than that" attitude is why you fit in my last paragraph.

And as for what I "falsely claim", a gun is a machine. NO machine will last forever. Your glocks wont last forever (I know it's hard to hear) but if you pull the trigger on a gun..... Guess what happens? It goes bang! Doesn't matter what kind of gun. They ALL go bang!

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top