JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I bet you are high school dropout. As for me I have three bachelors from WOU. In Economics, Accounting, and Software Engineering. put your intelligence to the test boy.

Forum is a forum. Ain't paying attention to grammar. Just trying to get you to tell me about your educational background.

Told you how I am educated. Never said what I did you monkey.

Forum is a forum. Ain't paying attention to grammar. Just trying to get you to tell me about your educational background.

I could tell you anything I want, there is no point to it nor is it relevant. To have a battle of internet credentials just shows insecurity, again whats the point?

You argue like a 5 year old on the playground. Your posts are in conflict with themselves not just other posts. You ignore questions asked of you, answering only those you like. You change the subject of the OP. In short you are a troll and whatever you want to hang up as your troll credentials is irrelevant. :s0155:

Told you how I am educated. Never said what I did you monkey.

I neither asked nor care how you are educated or what you do!

I don't need the approval of anyone but myself, you will understand what that means when you grow up! ;)

Your both idiots. what exactly what are you fighting for? I'm fighting for common sense. I' fighting for what the law states. Not what you think it states.

I don't get the part about where debating it gives you the right to personally insult people. ;)

oh yeah? Yer UGLY... and yer mama dresses you like a little prissy-pants!! :p

.... I'm helping!! :D

That guy with the AR15 on his back was a BIGOT and hates Obama because he's black, plain and simple... oh wait... it was a BLACK GUY who had that AR15 on his back? NO... WAY!!! :s0001:

Man, CNN got it all balled up, huh? :s0155:

Frakin' CNN IDIOTS!! :angry:

I've read through this entire thread, and am a bit dismayed that statements about the laws are being argued without checking out the facts, first. We all have access to Google, and it took me about two minutes to find what the laws really say. First, if you choose to, you can go to this page for links to Oregon city ordinances on the subject...

<broken link removed>

The link to Beaverton is broken, so, for those, go to....http://www.codepublishing.com/or/beaverton/html/Beaverton05/Beaverton0508.html#5.08.010 (Ordinance 5.08.240 is about open carry in the city.)

In a nutshell, you can open carry an unloaded firearm just about anywhere in Oregon. You can open carry a loaded firearm just about anywhere in Oregon with a CCW permit, INCLUDING ALL CITIES WITH OPEN CARRY ORDINANCES.

(If you really want a reason to get p.o.ed about silly gun laws, check out Beaverton ordinance 5.08.260-it's illegal to open carry a realistic-looking 'toy weapon' in the city, and there's is no CCW permit exception!)

Regarding the fool in question. First, had he not notified the police before the event, so they knew what he was doing, he would have been arrested on a number of grounds, and could have been if they wanted to, anyway. The most obvious charge would have been Harassment, which, throughout the U.S. is generally defined as "Conduct such as to annoy or alarm, and which serves no useful purpose." The other obvious charge would have been Intimidation, "To intentionally say or do something which would cause a person of ordinary sensibilities to be fearful of bodily harm. It is not necessary to prove that the victim was actually frightened, and neither is it necessary to prove that the behavior of the person was so violent that it was likely to cause terror, panic or hysteria."

While a criminal investigator with the Multnomah County D.A.s Office, I often taught one-session classes at the community college level, and the police academy, regarding Oregon law. Whenever a student asked me some arcane question regarding what to do/not to do if the potential officer wasn't sure of the law, my stock reply was, "Do whatever you think is in the interest of public safety, including your own. We can sort out the legal ramifications later."

As to several of the subjects covered, an affirmative defense anywhere in the U.S. of A. legal system is 'choice of evils'...i.e. you may legally commit a crime to prevent a more serious one.

Someone posted in this thread that it was O.K. to shoot someone to prevent a felony...WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! Please check out the State Statute regarding 'Use of Deadly Physical Force.' https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/bills_laws/ors/ors161.html (I have a really nifty story to illustrate that, which I'll post sometime in a germane thread.)

My opinion only...IF I WERE KING, I would pass a law that every U.S. citizen, upon reaching the age of majority, would be issued a .45 caliber handgun, trained how to use it, and be require to maintain that weapon in his/her home or on his/her person at all times. Any person who was convicted of misusing the responsibility, or convicted of a felony, would have his/her weapon removed, and a target permanently tattooed on his/her forehead. (It would be very noisy for a few days, then people would start acting much nicer towards each other.):) I have a friend who is an officer in the Swiss military. He told me that all males have to go into the military at age 18, for six months, and afterward are required to keep their duty weapon in their homes, ready for inspection at any time. Enlisted men have rifles, and officers have sidearms. The Swiss are a very polite people.

(DISCLAIMER...Check out the laws and/or consult an attorney before taking actions based on anything I have posted. As I like to say, "I read it on an internet forum, your Honor!" is NOT a very good defense argument.

To those who have posted they are atheists, you are wrong.:p

Max

Not only did she give a fake name, but when the state trooper asked her why she wanted a gun, she said and quote.

"It is for Burning man. You know. Anti-government, anti-corporation."

Guess what? Denied!!!

I was approved of course.

I call this B.S.
I have bought many and many guns and riffles. Never get asked "why I wanted a gun?"

I call this B.S.
I have bought many and many guns and riffles. Never get asked "why I wanted a gun?"

Nor would she be the one speaking to the "trooper" doing the NCIC. If Flackman5000 doesn't know this I would suspect he's just an underage kid trolling. Who knows why people feel the need to embellish, probably insecurity as I suspected.

OMG !!! This was a great thread a couple days ago. I come back today to check it out and.......it's downtown Kabul !!!

............What happened ??? :s0001:

Alright, this thread has strayed WAY off topic so I'm closing it down.

Please try to maintain civility and reason with your comments (those of you who aren't know who you are). Personal insults have no place in a debate among adults.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads