JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To be honest, any gun named after kimbo slice is bound to have its share of problems.
989090c7038219d315743bf7ce7e558d.jpg

You do know that using the slingshot method is outdated. The best way is overhand, top of the slide, using front cocking serrations.
There is no "best way," and thinking there is is internet bullbubblegum. There is "what works for you" and "what works for other people," that's it. There are guys here who still carry revolvers, and I could grip all day that that is totally unreasonable for self defense, but I cannot argue that it works, and well enough to get the job done in probably 5 nines worth of situations. Shoot what and how it works best for you, that is as much as anyone can ask.

There is no "best way," and thinking there is is internet bullbubblegum. There is "what works for you" and "what works for other people," that's it. There are guys here who still carry revolvers, and I could grip all day that that is totally unreasonable for self defense, but I cannot argue that it works, and well enough to get the job done in probably 5 nines worth of situations. Shoot what and how it works best for you, that is as much as anyone can ask.
3 point slingshot.

4hcmj9.png

You do know that using the slingshot method is outdated. The best way is overhand, top of the slide, using front cocking serrations.
"best way" LOL! Never mind the convenient slide release right there on the side of the gun where your thumb can snake up and whack it down. It's much better to be puttin' yer finners near the business end of the firearm when you might be operating under stress and duress.
Call of Duty is NOT training.

More of your useless bait to garner attention to feel wanted. I genuinely feel sorry for you that you have no useful input to contribute and feel a need to go this route to find fulfillment in your day.😞 There are Legos if you need to kill time before mom calls you up for dinner.

Well my fathers Kimber ultra carry 2 was $819 back in '07 (yes I still have the receipt). They are $1022 now on Kimbers website. So probably a relative increase in cost. It functions and shoots and looks great. it's not ammo finicky. Like all pistols, If you do your part ie.. keep it clean, refresh the springs, and use quality mags, and of course practice. It will reward you accordingly. My only gripe is the requirement of the little guide rod assembly takedown pin for full field stripping, sorry, Just not a fan of extra tools beyond my 2 hands for field stripping a pistol. But many custom 1911 builders go that route in their guide rods. My 30 year old Wilson tactical elite full size does as well.

Oh yeah, because so many trainers are recommending this method now. Not.

Personally, I think we should save any discussion of the worthiness of Kimber 1911s to a serious Kimber thread (if we really need to even talk about Kimbers anymore, which probably we don't, other than noting that they're typically no better nor worse than most production 1911s)...

... and quit giving this guy's thread attention. Maybe he'll go back down into his mom's basement and when he gets back on the internet, start trolling other forums with posts about stuff he has no clue about, like Jeeps, four-wheeling, hunting, fishing or even cooking...

Oh yeah, because so many trainers are recommending this method now. Not.

Personally, I think we should save any discussion of the worthiness of Kimber 1911s to a serious Kimber thread (if we really need to even talk about Kimbers anymore, which probably we don't, other than noting that they're typically no better nor worse than most production 1911s)...

... and quit giving this guy's thread attention. Maybe he'll go back down into his mom's basement and when he gets back on the internet, start trolling other forums with posts about stuff he has no clue about, like Jeeps, four-wheeling, hunting, fishing or even cooking...
Serious question, why does it matter who started the thread? We can have a discussion about whatever we want here, and as long as we have serious participants it can be a worthwhile endeavor. It's not like you get any special powers for being thread starter. I see no reason why it matters?

Serious question, why does it matter who started the thread? We can have a discussion about whatever we want here, and as long as we have serious participants it can be a worthwhile endeavor. It's not like you get any special powers for being thread starter. I see no reason why it matters?
200.gif

Serious question, why does it matter who started the thread?
When a thread is started based on myth, internet lore, outdated and overtaken-by-events information, it's typically because the OP is simply trolling and trying to get reactions, the more extreme the better, and it's usually just done for the OP's entertainment. Using words or phrases in the thread title that may have, or in the past had, negative connotations generally doesn't lead to productive discourse.

And in the case of this thread's OP, he stated some things in this, and other threads, that robbed him of any credibility and only led to questions regarding his experience and truthfulness.

No, it doesn't matter who starts a thread, so long as the thread leads to meaningful debate, discussion, provides readers with knowledge... or proves to be funny or otherwise entertaining...

"best way" LOL! Never mind the convenient slide release right there on the side of the gun where your thumb can snake up and whack it down. It's much better to be puttin' yer finners near the business end of the firearm when you might be operating under stress and duress.
Call of Duty is NOT training.
Dude wasn't talking about using the slide release. He wants to slingshot, which has been proven to be an outmoded method.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top