JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just so happen I had my pistol on me one night while in the woods with a friend off-roading in the snow. We were approached by 4 other large dudes in not such a friendly manner demanding we do things that was not in our best interest. It's funny when you point a 9mm in someone's face and tell them there are four of you and nine of me how fast they decide to walk on.

Since then probably 20 years ago I've carried. Without a license for many of those years.

Too old to fight too young to die!!!
YEP THAT'S IT.
A few years ago I was duck hunting with a few king county Sheriff's.
One was a young the other older. the young guy was talking about the fighting classes he teaches.
The older guy turned to me and said.
I'm too old for that $#!+
That's why I have a gun.!

Like @AndyinEverson and @Caveman Jim .
Said it's a big deal or responsibility.
To carry a gun.
Does it give you the ok to get involved in every thing you see .
Nope .
You see people fighting on the street should you draw your gun and break it up.NOPE
should you draw your gun because this guy is screaming at his wife in the parking lot of the Walmart.
Nope probably not.
Should you draw your gun if the guy screaming at his wife in the parking lot starts punching her.
Mmmmmmm probably not .
He doesn't have a weapon.
But should you get involved.
Yes of course you can just scream at him.
But if you get in direct contact with him and you have a gun there is the chance he could get your gun.
And just remember all this is happening in seconds.
Should I or shouldn't I.
If you think you are going to carry your gun and be some kind of hero .
Forget about that.
When it all comes down you will get arrested and you will go to jail and you will have to spend lots of money proving your interest.
To help.
Or even save a life.
JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A CPL DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER.

I don't carry for me. I carry for my wife and children. I love them more than life itself and will do anything to keep them safe and make sure that the one who provides for them makes it home at the end of the day.

Should you draw your gun if the guy screaming at his wife in the parking lot starts punching her.
Most likely not the 1st time, or the last, so no. I regard abusing a woman as completely despicable and unmanly, but unless he is killing her just continue walking into the store.

When it all comes down you will get arrested and you will go to jail and you will have to spend lots of money proving your interest.
You have no interests other than your own. Somebody will call the cops. Leave.

JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A CPL DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER.
No guano. It particularly doesn't give you the right to rage at people for parking in a handicapped spot. I find it annoying, but I don't scream at a woman and kids in a car.

Packing a piece means you mind your own bleeping business.

Last Edited:
To be prepared.. I also carry a multi-too but that doesnt mean Im going and looking for a project or something to fix. Its just handy to have if/when I need it. Same goes for a firearm.

Watching video of a man in a Texas church prevent the murders of many people was the final push for me. I'm not as worried about my safety as much as I am of my wife, my 90 year old Mother, and my fellow church members. We have a balcony that is always empty, except for the sound man, so I sit up there where I can watch everything going on. If, God forbid, someone were to come in shooting I'll have an excellent angle and concealment to try to end it quickly. I've been told that upwards of 20 people are conceal carrying at any time, with over half of them women, but to be able to focus on the shooter without worrying about crossfire is a plus. We have an armed security detail who concentrate mostly on the outside, but they're all in favor of me being up there to help out. Hope I never have to find out though.

Funny this thread should bump today.

Quiet Sunday at home with my wife. Decided to do a little outside work this afternoon. Take down the Xmas lights, repaint my plates, change a light bulb.

As I am getting dressed, she noticed I am carrying. I did throw on a heavy pullover before I walked out the door, but she said/asked, "You are gonna carry to take down the lights?".

"I am carrying because I am dressed." was my reply.

I have been EDC for a little over a year. I feel like a grown bubblegum man does not leave the house without his wallet and a multi-tool. Of course the choice to carry is individual, and I survived five decades without it, but as mentioned above, I am too old to be wrestling with tweakers.

At this point, I feel naked without it.

Funny this thread should bump today.

Quiet Sunday at home with my wife. Decided to do a little outside work this afternoon. Take down the Xmas lights, repaint my plates, change a light bulb.

As I am getting dressed, she noticed I am carrying. I did throw on a heavy pullover before I walked out the door, but she said/asked, "You are gonna carry to take down the lights?".

"I am carrying because I am dressed." was my reply.

I have been EDC for a little over a year. I feel like a grown bubblegum man does not leave the house without his wallet and a multi-tool. Of course the choice to carry is individual, and I survived five decades without it, but as mentioned above, I am too old to be wrestling with tweakers.

At this point, I feel naked without it.

If you EDC 24x7 she'll stop asking soon enough, funny thing after All these years of carrying my wife asked me recently "Are you packing" as we we're Tacoma last weekend for dinner. I told her if I'm awake it's on me...she looked relieved. :D

This is true. And she has at least once looked at me inquisitively in the past year when we were in a gas station or rest stop and the citizenry started looking a little sketch.

I re-read the whole thread an would add that there are a lot of little domestic things I see that I just pass by. More so than when I was unarmed (and blissfully unaware).

Now that I have committed two years of research and self training I too would feel I missed the mark if I could not act within my knowledge and my rights to protect my family, and that includes Daddy getting home every night.

Yup, edc 24X7, lying in the sofa at the moment, the M11 riding in its usual position. I too got "the look" when I first started carrying full time again. Wife busted my butt about going to war. But on more than one occasion, she's looked at me and asked if I were carrying, when she's felt uncomfortable with the local critter folk. She's finally grown to understand. Doesn't hurt when I point out unusual behavior in others. Now she better understands not only awareness but situational awareness... It's a learning process. I've even convinced her to get her carry permit

We live in probably the safest neighborhood in town, both by physical layout and the stability of the neighbors.

However, just this week a neighbor had a brief encounter with a man that collects cans on trash day and it went south very fast. At 8:30 am.

The neighbor told me what happened and I told my wife that when asked why he was going through the trash he got out of his vehicle and rushed my neighbor. The neighbor threatened to call the police and no animals were hurt, and my wife and I were not seeing eye to eye on the exchange.

She thought our neighbor was in the right. I was of the opinion that was not a hill I am willing to die on.

But we both agreed that me "locking the door because I love you!" has been working for years, no need to change.

And as long as bottle guy keeps on the sidewalk, he won't be talking with either of us.

On a serious note, I also carry if I'm vertical. Even sometimes napping. It goes on when I get dressed and off right before I crawl into the rack.

More importantly......do you LOOK naked without it?

:s0140:
Yes, in fact I do.

I tried to carry naked, once.

I was home alone, took a shower, and tried out a new holster and belt. I decided that:

A. I would never answer the door naked,

Second, if you break into my house and I AM naked, my first response will not be to get my holster, and

III - it makes my butt look big.:(

Yes, in fact I do.

I tried to carry naked, once.

I was home alone, took a shower, and tried out a new holster and belt. I decided that:

A. I would never answer the door naked,

Second, if you break into my house and I AM naked, my first response will not be to get my holster, and

III - it makes my butt look big.:(

:s0122:

Everyone calm down, I'm kidding. :s0140:

Q: Why carry?

A:
WW77C7rt.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews