JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If she's only 4, the Red Rider might still be too large. Get the Daisy Buck. It is just a smaller sized Red Rider. It has the same plastic lever action, but the length of pull and barrel length are shorter. I picked one up for my son from Walmart about 4 years ago. You will most likely have to run the lever for her as the spring tension is quite stiff for little ones.

In .410's, I got my son a Mossberg Model 510 Mini Super Bantam. This is a great little pump that is light and short enough for little ones to run. It's also fun for me. I relate it to riding a mini bike. I believe I paid $269 for it on Gun Broker. My son has been knocking clays out of the sky consistently with it. That's pretty tough with that tight pattern. I can't wait until he's shooting a 20 gauge.

Check 'em out. Good Luck!

I grew up with a dad who shot lots of trap and waterfowl. He reloaded 12 ga on a large scale basis. When I was 8 or 9 he decided it was time for me to learn shotgunning. Like many dads he decided the .410 was the place to begin. So I saved my money for a month and bought one box of .410 shells. We went out on a Saturday and he threw a few birds. My hard won box of shells lasted all of 10 min. I picked up his 12 bore pump and shot clays the rest of the day. Never looked back.
I still have that .410 but I havent shot it in over 40 years. I dont shoot trap or ducks anymore. I shoot most grouse with a .22. I use a 20 ga. for chuckars and pheasants. Id skip the .410 get her a .22 and wait a few years for the shotgun.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top