JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, which makes me wonder, has production of the 870 resumed under the legacy firm that bought this fragment in the course of the bankruptcy sale?
I'll answer my own question. I looked it up:

The article states that production of the new Fieldmaster 870 began in 2022. Before that, the new owners of this part of the old Remington firm assembled some 870 Express shotguns out of parts on hand from earlier production. It says they "fixed" the issues on these post bankruptcy Express guns that had plagued the late but pre-bankruptcy guns. The new firm name is RemArms. Link to their website:

I've seen some new defensive 870's for sale online and in a local gun store. It appears that they are of recent manufacture.

Gotta Vote Tikka T-3 but skip .308 and get a .30/06 instead, Vastly more useful, plentiful and usually less then .308!
Second choice is Ruger, ether the M-77, or Hawkeye, preferably ether the Alaskan or the Guide, ( I have both) they really perform, though not near as light as the Tikka, their accuracy is equal!
Third would be Savage, any of the 10 series from 10,110, to 116 would get the job done, and they are ACCURATE, but BUTT FUGLY, but they put meat on the table as well as the others and for a lot less money!

Ever pack a M-1a or AR-10 around the woods for very long, NOPE, and if you did, you would certainly be singing the praises of a good Bolt Action or even a Nifty Lever Gun!

Might be, but the Rugers are more accurate and not nearly as heavy. Plus I really like the ring mount system.
The "chopped up" Winchester in my avatar is kind of a sweetheart, though.
I have owned a couple classic pre 64 mod 70 winnnies and just didn't find myself hunting with them much. Between the heft and the obnoxious recoil from the stock design, they just sat in the safe. Market for them got pretty good, so down the road they went. I am more of a user than a collector. My vote for a battle rifle is always going to be a fal. For a hunting bolt gun, tikka and bergara both make fine hunting rifles.

An AR in 6.5 Grendel covers all your bases.
It'll take out the game you may wish to hunt.
I use it for Deer and Hogs in TX and with one pig the ran about 30 yards.
All have been DRT.

If you want a bolt gun in .308, the Ruger American in awesome and won't break the bank.

I was gonna comment. That the laws in both OR and WA are changing fast. So......get to it.

But then I realized that......

1706222903112.png

Aloha, Mark

OK, I am now just considering a Bolt action in either .308 or 30.06. I like the Ruger m77 Or Rem 700. I Had an M77 previously and liked that I didn't have to have a detachable box magazine... it had the trap door.

The Socom looks neat and all, but it is frigging heavy to lug and I think a bolt action is going to offer better accuracy.

OK, I am now just considering a Bolt action in either .308 or 30.06. I like the Ruger m77 Or Rem 700. I Had an M77 previously and liked that I didn't have to have a detachable box magazine... it had the trap door.

The Socom looks neat and all, but it is frigging heavy to lug and I think a bolt action is going to offer better accuracy.
Fyi POF rogue is 5.9 lb:
34615B51-38FF-471E-97EE-70FD6D78BA00.jpeg
Pof revolution is also less than 7 lb as I recall.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews