JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If she's only 4, the Red Rider might still be too large. Get the Daisy Buck. It is just a smaller sized Red Rider. It has the same plastic lever action, but the length of pull and barrel length are shorter. I picked one up for my son from Walmart about 4 years ago. You will most likely have to run the lever for her as the spring tension is quite stiff for little ones.

In .410's, I got my son a Mossberg Model 510 Mini Super Bantam. This is a great little pump that is light and short enough for little ones to run. It's also fun for me. I relate it to riding a mini bike. I believe I paid $269 for it on Gun Broker. My son has been knocking clays out of the sky consistently with it. That's pretty tough with that tight pattern. I can't wait until he's shooting a 20 gauge.

Check 'em out. Good Luck!

I grew up with a dad who shot lots of trap and waterfowl. He reloaded 12 ga on a large scale basis. When I was 8 or 9 he decided it was time for me to learn shotgunning. Like many dads he decided the .410 was the place to begin. So I saved my money for a month and bought one box of .410 shells. We went out on a Saturday and he threw a few birds. My hard won box of shells lasted all of 10 min. I picked up his 12 bore pump and shot clays the rest of the day. Never looked back.
I still have that .410 but I havent shot it in over 40 years. I dont shoot trap or ducks anymore. I shoot most grouse with a .22. I use a 20 ga. for chuckars and pheasants. Id skip the .410 get her a .22 and wait a few years for the shotgun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top