JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please excuse my dumb question but why would someone want to put a suppressor on a 22 or any other gun for that matter? other than the obvious noise reduction. I kind of like the bang I get through my hearing protectors

Because "we can". Is good enough for me.

G183.jpg

Because you can...another way to enjoy shooting sports.

You find yourself looking for different ammo just to see how they perform.

It's like adding a little spice to your food it just makes it better!

It's fun with food....
DSC_1401.jpg

I have no direct experience with supressors but from what I've read the real benefit is in bolt action rifles for hunting. You aren't scaring off every creature in a 5mile radius.

My buddy has a nice place out in the semi woods. He has a decent backstop that he could shoot at but due to noise he doesn't. If he had a supressor he could shoot all day long and nobody would be bothered.

I bet my wife would shoot with me more if it wasn't so noisy.

What other reason do you need?

well I added that in because I figured someone would point out that they were used for noise reduction, a fact I am aware of but because I have never used one what I wanted to understand was why people need that. I got some good answers and now I have more understanding and may even consider getting one.

well I added that in because I figured someone would point out that they were used for noise reduction, a fact I am aware of but because I have never used one what I wanted to understand was why people need that. I got some good answers and now I have more understanding and may even consider getting one.

I am unfamiliar with suppressor laws, can we all buy them? I know there are different levels of suppressors, maybe someone can chime in with a quick summary?

Yes, you can legally purchase in both WA and OR.

Your Local Class 3 Dealer (such as myself) can walk you through the process.

01/03 = FFL with SOT = Able to SELL suppressors

07/02 = Manufacturer with SOT = Able to MAKE and SELL suppressors. (such as Coctailer)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top