JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well as the OP, my reasons for considering a suppressor aren't to be a tacticool, wannabe operator with a neck beard, full kit, and shot timer, who posts videos on YouTube of his tactical mag changes, and uber cool selector switch manipulation technique.

I'm a middle aged geezer with tinnitus who doesn't want it getting worse (or deafen his family) if he has to use his pdw in his home or enclosed space for self defense. Even after a day of shooting at the range with ear pro, the concussion, not just the noise, of shorter barreled rifles can be problematic. Anyone with tinnitus knows what I am talking about.

Even considering the cost, wait time, and red tape of a suppressor it seems the majority here are satisfied with their purchases. The only problem is there doesn't seem to be a place around here to "test drive" different suppressors before you buy. You basically have to plunk down your $1,000+, wait a year, and hope you like the tone or suppression. I must have watched hundreds of suppressor videos, but there is only so much a phone microphone is going to tell you. Yes I also know about pew science, but raw data doesn't always translate well to a subjective experience.
I agree with your statement aside from the entry price point. Even the cheapest 22 can plus the tax is WELL worth it at $400 total. If a person doesn't have one then then they simply don't know, I don't care how much they've read about them, they are by definition ignorant. I used to talk smack about the people who had suppressors until I could actually afford one. Then my opinion changed in a big hurry. My advice is, work hard, spend wisely, and reap the benefits that life can provide. A suppressor will not make up for a persons sexual shortcomings, lack of popularity, or even privileges that only Caucasian's enjoy (roll eyes here), but they will change target practice for you forever in a good way.

I agree with your statement aside from the entry price point. Even the cheapest 22 can plus the tax is WELL worth it at $400 total. If a person doesn't have one then then they simply don't know, I don't care how much they've read about them, they are by definition ignorant. I used to talk smack about the people who had suppressors until I could actually afford one. Then my opinion changed in a big hurry. My advice is, work hard, spend wisely, and reap the benefits that life can provide. A suppressor will not make up for a persons sexual shortcomings, lack of popularity, or even privileges that only Caucasian's enjoy (roll eyes here), but they will change target practice for you forever in a good way.
Have you looked into shotgun cans? I do alot of urban work with my shotgun, we had these old urban barrels that was a ported extension that screwd into your choke threads but they sucked and are 2 feet long. I haven't started to do any research yet

Have you looked into shotgun cans? I do alot of urban work with my shotgun, we had these old urban barrels that was a ported extension that screwd into your choke threads but they sucked and are 2 feet long. I haven't started to do any research yet
In my "ignorance" I didn't realize that a shotgun could be suppressed. Most loads start at supersonic velocities and go up from there. A two foot long suppressor would suck, but I'd manage to man up and use it :D

I agree with your statement aside from the entry price point. Even the cheapest 22 can plus the tax is WELL worth it at $400 total. If a person doesn't have one then then they simply don't know, I don't care how much they've read about them, they are by definition ignorant.
I'm curios as to what you mean. Do you mean that those who have never tried suppressors are ignorant because they haven't experienced the effect of one, or that anyone that doesn't man up and buy one is ignorant? I've shot them on several occasions over the years, thought "that's cool" as I handed them back to their owners. I appreciated it but never felt the urge to go out and buy my own.

I apologize for asking; I'm not being snarky. I feel like I must have missed the magic somehow. I do know a guy who has at least one. Now I'm going to have to try it again if I get the chance.

I'm curios as to what you mean. Do you mean that those who have never tried suppressors are ignorant because they haven't experienced the effect of one, or that anyone that doesn't man up and buy one is ignorant? I've shot them on several occasions over the years, thought "that's cool" as I handed them back to their owners. I appreciated it but never felt the urge to go out and buy my own.

I apologize for asking; I'm not being snarky. I feel like I must have missed the magic somehow. I do know a guy who has at least one. Now I'm going to have to try it again if I get the chance.
To answer your question of "curios" (not my spelling) on the topic, my reference was of individuals without personal experience of the subject. More experience may or may not help convince people, I don't care but lots of other seem to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top