JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Everyone. If I didn't trust my reloads with other people I would't use them myself.

Some reloading set ups are almost idiot proof though and mine currently is set up to the point that a monkey could almost do it.

I will let anybody I personally know, shoot my 9mm or .45 acp reloads. However, I always point out it is ammunition that I reload just so they know. Out of courtesy and concern of other people's thoughts, I also take store bought ammo with me when I know I will be shooting with friends and I provide the option that they are welcome to shoot that ammo out of my pistols if they prefer. Also, if someone offers me a chance to shoot their firearm, I use the store bought ammo just so there are no concerns on anybody's part...
Personally, if I thought there was a chance that my reloads were going to malfunction to the point where anybody could be even slightly injured, I would let nobody other than myself shoot them...
If a person does not take safety seriously, reloading is not an activity they should be involved with.

Any ammo I feel safe using I have no trouble letting family shoot. I have LONG made .45 loads for the Wife. She is very recoil sensitive. I load some pussycat loads for her that I have to put a lighter spring in one of the pistols for. She loves them.

I will let anybody I personally know, shoot my 9mm or .45 acp reloads. However, I always point out it is ammunition that I reload just so they know. Out of courtesy and concern of other people's thoughts, I also take store bought ammo with me when I know I will be shooting with friends and I provide the option that they are welcome to shoot that ammo out of my pistols if they prefer. Also, if someone offers me a chance to shoot their firearm, I use the store bought ammo just so there are no concerns on anybody's part...
Personally, if I thought there was a chance that my reloads were going to malfunction to the point where anybody could be even slightly injured, I would let nobody other than myself shoot them...
If a person does not take safety seriously, reloading is not an activity they should be involved with.
I realize that I take risks myself that I wouldn't ask others to take. Previously I have always supplied factory ammo for guest shooters including my kids and wife. But considering where ammo prices are these days and with all the reloading components I have on hand, I am thinking about changing that behavior.

I realize that I take risks myself that I wouldn't ask others to take. Previously I have always supplied factory ammo for guest shooters including my kids and wife. But considering where ammo prices are these days and with all the reloading components I have on hand, I am thinking about changing that behavior.
To me my loads are not a risk any more than factory ammo. I have never had a problem with my home rolls. I have had trouble with some factory stuff that I ended up throwing out. Now if I was making up loads "off book" so to speak? Like many do with the .45 Colt to be used in a Ruger pistol kind of thing? Now that I would be leery of. All my stuff is middle of the road, only made for cheap fun so never worries me. I of course would not sell it but, never had any problem letting others shoot it with me.

To me my loads are not a risk any more than factory ammo. I have never had a problem with my home rolls. I have had trouble with some factory stuff that I ended up throwing out. Now if I was making up loads "off book" so to speak? Like many do with the .45 Colt to be used in a Ruger pistol kind of thing? Now that I would be leery of. All my stuff is middle of the road, only made for cheap fun so never worries me. I of course would not sell it but, never had any problem letting others shoot it with me.
Definitely not handing anything "experimental" off to anyone unsuspecting, that's for sure. Otherwise you shouldn't shoot anything you wouldn't deem safe... nor let anyone else shoot something you would not, since that has to be clarified.

Nobody. People are wayyyyy too quick to sue and I don't have any interest in giving someone an opportunity to do so if something went wrong. I will, however, allow a small number of friends to use my loading equipment with their components

Only me and my kids - anybody else they can get their own ammo or use commercial ammo. I do not trust most people to not sue me for their own negligence - with commercial ammo I would probably not be the target of a lawsuit.

Most of my reloads are low power "special" ammo where I do something like load shot loads for revolvers, or subsonic light loads - the purpose being to have low power ammo for .308, 7.62x39, 5.56, .44, .357, etc. with projectiles that do minimal damage to small game and make less noise.

If I'm developing loads, me only. Well established (for me) loads that I know are well below max and have proven safe: myself, family and friends (providing the disclaimer that these are my reloads and I will not take any offense if they choose not to shoot them).

I don't put loads together that are unsafe, always under max powder charge and I weigh every single charge, no exceptions. had one primer back out in thousands of reloaded cartridges. so, if I feel they are safe to shoot then anybody can shoot them.

I trust my own loads more that those that I buy. My own family shoots very few factory loads. When my adult kids come to visit, they usually show up with bags of cases and go home with reloads. Especially in calibers like 45 colt, 38 super, and 357 sig. The last two I can load for the same price as 9mm, But try buying them!
As far as being sued, My homeowners ins will cover me the same as if I had hit someone with a golf ball, or if my dog bit them. So long as it is not a business and you did not purposely make dangerous loads. DR

I'll let them shoot my reloads out of my firearms.

However.......if they were gonna be shooting them (my reloads) out of their firearms. YEAH, a verbal warning is in order. You know......Liability and all that other lawyer stuff.

Rrrrrright....
If that doesn't scare them off. They can load their own.

BTW.....my son will shoot up my reloads. And yet, he refuses to learn/load up any for himself. Even when I provide the components. Lazy kids now a days.

Aloha, Mark

My ammo in my guns. Anybody shooting them accepts that. Their guns, their ammo. Real simple. I'm have seen more guns self destruct from freedom munitions factory reloads, white box winchester, and S&B than the occasional squib I've had from my own rain-wet ammo.

Good point!

Cate

Nobody. People are wayyyyy too quick to sue and I don't have any interest in giving someone an opportunity to do so if something went wrong. I will, however, allow a small number of friends to use my loading equipment with their components
Good point here too!

Thank you.

In this day and age people are lawsuit crazy.

DISCLAIMER:

I do NOT reload and I never did reload. I did BRIEFLY think about doing this many moons ago before my late husband's cancer discovery and death.

But if I did reload - I would ONLY shoot MY own reloads or have my husband shoot them even if I KNEW that they were good and safe LOADS.

I would not let any person use my reloading equipment for fear of someone claiming that it was OFF in some way when THEY made a MISTAKE in their own loading.

I only shoot 22lr and 22wmr ammunition in two rifles now too.

I have only shot some VERY specific reloaded ammunition made by my MT husband and 2 to 3 other people that I knew/know very well in the PAST too. One of them is dead now.

I brought ALL of my CF and RF ammunition out west with me when I moved shy of one firearm caliber - cartridge. That CF firearm was sold BEFORE I moved.

I bought CF factory ammunition out here when I was still shooting all of my former handguns and some CF rifles too. Former firearms.

I bought RF ammunition too. MY RF ammunition purchases ALWAYS outnumbered my CF ammunition purchases from the gitgo too. Back east and out here.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top