JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Boo hoo. mean people want the going price for there stuff. I'll cry like a baby.

Funny thing is, quite often the BUYER sets the going price. I set my starting price on each auction at $1.00 + $8.50 priority mail 3-day cost. If the bids were only $1.00, I'd be disappointed, but the auction would then be fair.................RIGHT?

Who's fault is it that folks didn't stack deep everything they could when the prices were low and the availability of products was unlimited.
It's not like this hasn't happened before.
:s0101:EXACTLY! The ones that whine the loudest should have known better and been prepared. Even here you can do a simple search and find all kinds of threads on this tired subject and most likely even some of the same whiners posting years ago.

As far as this site dictating what members can ask for an item that's not gonna happen. If ya dont like the price simply move along, really pretty simple and spelled out in pretty red text under every classified ad. Sad to say that some people just cant comprehend simple English. Dont get mad at others for selling something you need/want at a price you dont like just because you failed to prepare by buying when it was at the price you feel you should be able pay now. Hell I still have CCI mini mags from when Bimart would have them on sale @ 2 100ct for $5 try finding them for that now. Maybe I should sell some for $10 ea thats 4x what I paid and cheap compared to what some want now am I a gouger or a good guy? NOT gonna happen but I'll help some people out but not the whiners who should have known better.

I'm gonna wait till this panic is over and buy up some more reloading equipment (dies mostly) when all the panic reloaders start offing the stuff they didnt even use. Have ya seen how that stuff has shot off the shelves/sites? Eventually I'll be able to reload every caliber ever invented.....LOL

I'm sure this will sound insensitive and un American, but IMO $30.00 for a 100rnd box of CCI minimags borders on gouging. Probably sounds like a good price to soup line buyers though. :confused:

If you don't like the price or the product, don't buy it.

If you don't like guns, don't own one.

If you don't like the food, go to a different restaurant.

If you don't like the weather, move.

If you think the game is rigged, don't put your chips on the table.

But for cryin' out loud, don't whine about it. This Earth was here before us, so it owes nothing.

If you don't like the price or the product, don't buy it.

If you don't like guns, don't own one.

If you don't like the food, go to a different restaurant.

If you don't like the weather, move.

If you think the game is rigged, don't put your chips on the table.

But for cryin' out loud, don't whine about it. This Earth was here before us, so it owes nothing.
it's like the Liberal Snowflakes of the gun community.

The iron-clad, 100%, perfect, dead-on, actual/factual, guaranteed RULE for exactly positively, for sure, of what probably, in all likelihood, perhaps, constitutes gouging .....uhh ... maybe.

- If you're the SELLER.... you're not gouging

- If you're a desperate BUYER ..... oh ya, you're definitely being gouged

- If you're just a TIRE-KICKER .. really, nobody gives an actual hoot about what you think.

- if you're just reminiscing how, "In the good old days you could buy it for just (add pittance here)"
.... now you're just being mean.

- If you make it your daily job of cleaning out all the stores in your area of anything and everything that gets on the shelves just to re-sell to desperate people at inflated mark-ups....
....technically you're not a gouger... you're an A-hole.

This has been highly entertaining. Hope those trying to buy can figure something out. Hope those that have ammo enjoy it. Hope those that didn't plan will plan for next time (or find another hobby). I am pretty sure some smart college type PhD has done a study on panic buying and psychological effects on folks that feel left out when they can't buy. Shooting guns is my hobby. I don't do it every day or every week but when I do, I have fun with it. If I needed ammo for my livelihood, I would be worried but I would have had contingencies for low ammo situations and the political implications that cause a run on ammo. I appreciate this forum and the perspectives it brings. Perhaps this ammo shortage time will bring our gun buddy community together. Support your local businesses, update your scopes, replace parts (stocks, triggers, sights etc). Maybe it is time to take up archery. Not sure how the black powder scene is doing with shortages.

I'm getting a kick out of all the brick and mortar dealers who have had no return policies on ammo that are selling ammo (ratty boxes) that have obviously been unearthed from somebodies basement or garage and pandemic price tagged. I like the work around. They aren't returns if they come from an estate sale or back alley deal right. :rolleyes:

These days. Gouging, scalping, call it what you will. I was visiting the Midway USA site yesterday. Just browsing. The least expensive 9mm Parabellum ammo they list is 70 cents per round. The economy brands and lines. And they don't have any.

For my needs in the past, Midway was often an on-line gold standard. In fact, I was a customer of theirs back when they sold via a paper brochure in the mail called the Com Load Report. Because at that time, they mostly sold wholesale to dealers. Before the internet. So I consider them a fairly "normal" source.

Midway's prices on primers have bumped some too, but not as much by percentage. Average low $40's per brick, about a 35% increase over pre-Covid. But of course they don't have any.

If nobody has any, posted prices don't mean anything. I was just on the Cabela's site to see what they are doing. Their house brand Herter's 9mm is $14 a box of 50. None in stock, not available online.

So I guess at this time if you see something that really is available and on hand, that product has a very real advantage.

Another FORUM mentioned MIDWAY among some other companies.

They were writing about 9mm and some other ammunition from overseas.

I think (?) that 9mm was running $1.20 and UP per round from MIDWAY. I do not have the LINK or story in front of me now. MIDWAY only allowed you to buy 1 BOX of 9mm plus shipping, etc.

Cate

Oh I'd venture to say a lot of the so-called 'gougers' ain't members of the 'gun community' at all.
And to be clear I'm not calling the "gougers" snowflakes. I'm calling everyone B!tching about prices and this unfair world snowflakes. No one owes anyone here anything. No one is special. Everyone is equally worthless. All the moderators here have said multiple times that people can charge what they want and if you don't like it keep you mouth shut. So these threads that just complain about prices are petty and pointless. Don't like the price move on.

We bought and still buy 99.9% of our stock locally (Small and large gun stores.) or up by Ronan before that old Ronan, MT store closed and the owner retired.

My husband did buy some Beartooth cast lead with gas checks reloading bullets from Idaho after the CT murders. Fake/real shortages time just like NOW. Only NOW is worse in my opinion. They were in stock at the time. My husband bought from this man in the past and he knows him online and offline. (He talked to him over the years.)

He quit buying from 2 companies and he did not use them that often. One of them was MIDWAY and I can't remember the other company's name now. I think that MIDWAY and the OTHER company stopped accepting personal checks and/or money orders.

Cate

Retailers are doing it just as much, but keep pointing fingers. The market dictates that EVERYONE is selling at inflated rates. Welcome to supply and demand.

THIS is what we have seen here too.

SMALL and well known large gun stores around HERE have increased their prices IF they even have anything in stock.

Stock? What is that?! LOL

Walmart and a M.'s ranch store have increased their prices too!

We do not have a Bi Mart store here in this state.

Scheels has NOT opened their new store in THIS town yet. They have two stores on the other side of the state from what I gather. Great Falls and Billings.

Cate

I have wrestled with this question. I want to buy some ammo that is not on the shelf. I have some ammo I can part with. If I trade the ammo at at a fair ratio, both sides of the trade inflated by 200%, the ratio remains the same as if not inflated, so did I gouge? So, if I Sell my ammo at 200% markup, and then buy the ammo I would have traded for at 200% markup, the net effect on me is a wash. But have I now gouged a person?

All the moderators here have said multiple times that people can charge what they want and if you don't like it keep you mouth shut. So these threads that just complain about prices are petty and pointless.

Just making observations, my friend, not complaining. I have no need to buy anything. No one is compelling you to read pointless information.

And to be clear I'm not calling the "gougers" snowflakes. I'm calling everyone B!tching about prices and this unfair world snowflakes. No one owes anyone here anything. No one is special. Everyone is equally worthless. All the moderators here have said multiple times that people can charge what they want and if you don't like it keep you mouth shut. So these threads that just complain about prices are petty and pointless. Don't like the price move on.

YES

Same thing with houses in the Puget Sound area. I shake my head with wonder. One of my daughters just sold their place. A small, three bedroom, one bath, fixer-upper schmollacked up with a new paint job in a so-so area for $540K. To a physician! Doctors and other professional people used to buy the fanciest places in town, near the country club. Fortunately, in replacing aforementioned place, my daughter and her husband got a family discount price on his parents' home.

I have the sick feeling that prices reflect the declining value of our money. When that same dynamic works its way deeper into essential supplies such as food, etc., the hurt will be more obvious to all. Guns, ammo and so forth are in a category of their own for all the well-known reasons. But if we ever see a normalization of sorts in that situation, my guess is prices will not relax back to pre-Covid times. Which were higher than pre-Barack Obama times.

Every single thing is going up in price!

The U.S. Dollar is not what it was worth in past history.

The national debt is a disgrace.

Prices for real estate and other things in life are just plain crazy.

Many states do not have the same wages/bennies including with those .GOV jobs as other states do but the real estate and other items are just as HIGH as the higher paying wage states.

The devaluation of the U.S. Dollar makes me sick. INFLATION is a killer in more ways than one.

I just priced some things for my husband's medical equipment - breathing machine parts! Gggrrr. ADDED more.

Take care.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews