JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For me it's easy. I wont sell items to far below current market value as it most cases th8r buyer is just a reseller. Why would I give away free money? That's just dumb.
Now if a friend or well known and trusted member asked for a deal so they could use said item, I'm always happy to help.

Trades are the same way. Current value for current value. If you ask me for pre panic prices for my item and panic at the disco prices for yours, you can pound sand.

I used to think it would be Democrats that would put an end to recreational shooting. Turns out it is a bunch of "2A" supporters that I should have been fearful of.

Who's fault is it that folks didn't stack deep everything they could when the prices were low and the availability of products was unlimited.
It's not like this hasn't happened before.

Who's fault is it that folks didn't stack deep everything they could when the prices were low and the availability of products was unlimited.
It's not like this hasn't happened before.
While I agree on a certain level , I always laugh at this comment. What good is 100k rounds if it's to valuable to shoot or replace if sold?
Sure I have a lifetime supply of ammo. But my kids won't. Grandkids for sure won't.
That is of you want to actually take part in shooting.
2008 we had a machine gun shoot in Joeseph/Enterprise area. Whole weekend event. I personally brought 8k+ rounds. 2k in .308 alone. I was small potatoes. Some guys brought 20k+ and shot almost all of it over 2 days and 1 night shoot.
That's not happening anymore for thr average shooter no matter how much we have stashed. Lol

Another thread of pointless complaining. One thread dies and yet another is born. We should treat it like communism. Everyone is equal, stands in line and gets 1 box. Happy now?

I think at this point in the "shortage" it isn't a matter of gouging anymore..
It's a matter of.. if I sell it to you, how much will it cost to replace it if I needed it tomorrow. I have a few thousand extra SPP and SRP's that I would sell, but not less than the going online rate.. which is up to $150 per K and still rising last I checked. I learned my lesson last gun show.. Guy offered me $100 per 1000 and I sold him a few K only to find took them across the room, put them on his table, and by end of show he sold them for $225 perK. So I'm not going to sell anymore for less than what they are selling online, just to line somebody else's pockets.. I read the signs and stocked up... nobody going to sell you GameStop shares for last months prices... I'm a nice guy, but I got bills.. and I am just as happy to keep them.

on the other hand, if a buddy needs A couple sleeves to load some so he can sight in his new rifle, or take his kids shooting, I'd happily give him some...

What is "normal price" these days..

Same thing with houses in the Puget Sound area. I shake my head with wonder. One of my daughters just sold their place. A small, three bedroom, one bath, fixer-upper schmollacked up with a new paint job in a so-so area for $540K. To a physician! Doctors and other professional people used to buy the fanciest places in town, near the country club. Fortunately, in replacing aforementioned place, my daughter and her husband got a family discount price on his parents' home.

I have the sick feeling that prices reflect the declining value of our money. When that same dynamic works its way deeper into essential supplies such as food, etc., the hurt will be more obvious to all. Guns, ammo and so forth are in a category of their own for all the well-known reasons. But if we ever see a normalization of sorts in that situation, my guess is prices will not relax back to pre-Covid times. Which were higher than pre-Barack Obama times.

While I agree on a certain level , I always laugh at this comment. What good is 100k rounds if it's to valuable to shoot or replace if sold?
Sure I have a lifetime supply of ammo. But my kids won't. Grandkids for sure won't.
That is of you want to actually take part in shooting.
2008 we had a machine gun shoot in Joeseph/Enterprise area. Whole weekend event. I personally brought 8k+ rounds. 2k in .308 alone. I was small potatoes. Some guys brought 20k+ and shot almost all of it over 2 days and 1 night shoot.
That's not happening anymore for thr average shooter no matter how much we have stashed. Lol

I inherited a couple of full auto sub machine guns and I don't even think about shooting up my current ammo stash.
It makes me wonder if it's time to cut loose of them, as the future of owning these might prove to be problematic down the road in acquiring enough replacement ammo to make it worthwhile.

It's simple, If you can't afford it, don't buy it. People all over the country are suffering due to extreme cold in areas of the country that hardly ever see those conditions. They weren't prepared for a highly unusual situation and had no reason to anticipate it happening. If utilities quadrupled their prices during the crisis, that would be gouging. Someone not being able to afford their entertainment is about as low on the priority scale as it gets. Ammo has been at lowball prices for the last couple of years and everyone knows it. Not preparing for this "crisis" was a self imposed wound and I have no sympathy for those bubbleguming up a storm about it. EVERYONE knew there would be an eventual change.

Best cure for high prices is high prices. That is the only way supply catches up with demand.

Based on what Winchester and Federal/CCi group told analysts, wholesalers and investors last month, it could will be sometime in late 2022 before supplies are adequate at the retail level. When you consider the new number of first time firearm owners in 2020, the demand curve went over the top. The Vista group is running their ammo plants 24/7 currently. Hopefully, they will be able to get the old Remington plants updated and back on line shortly. The tooling in those plants was in bad condition. Remington, being broke, did not have funds to keep their equipment in good ooeratiing condition.

During a media presentation at Virtual SHOT Show 2021, Winchester said that if they stopped taking orders for .22 LR right now, it would take 2 years to fill all the back-orders. In December, the Vista family of companies, which comprises Federal, CCI, Speer, and Remington, announced they had a $1 billion backlog in orders. In the first 3 months of the COVID-19 lockdown, Winchester experienced a 17-percent surge in orders, which hasn't tapered off.

I've stayed out of these threads as everyone has their mind made up over this issue. Gouging doesn't exist outside of necessities.

Prices were cheap the last couple of years and there is no reason to not have stocked up unless you were either out of the country or under 18. 9mm was $160 a case and 45 was $230 a case shipped.

If there is a chance of anti-gun legislation passing or a mass shooting, prices are going to skyrocket overnight.

It sucks for all of us but bubbleguming about it now won't change anything. You should have stocked up over the past couple of years.

If you sell "pre-covid" prices to the public someone will buy the item and resell it at the going rate. There is no reason to subsidize anyone doing that. Late last year I had the unfortunate job of liquidating a direct relatives ammo stash. I never in my life thought I would get to the point of having too much ammunition. I sold a ton for the widow and to be honest it did net a good amount for the widow. If I had to do it again I wouldn't due to the "you're gouging" and whining. The stupid offers of 1/3 the going rate was enough to grate on anyone. Some of these same individuals were buying cheap here and then relisting the same ammunition.

As for Cabelas and the other retailers...they are selling stock they placed orders for last April. If you think Cabelas is going to continue to sell 9mm for $15 a box of 50 for the next 4 years you are in for a surprise. Vista (VSTO) is well over $1.4 billion in backorders. Their stock a year ago was $7 and today its $35.76. I wonder why.

Then there are the LE agencies that are starting to get to the bottom of their reserves. They get priority through the manufacturers and distributors. This is only going to lead to less inventory available to the general public.

Its going to be a rough 4 years as prices continue to increase...

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top