JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Being in a unique situation having duel residences in TWO phuckin states that have ZERO recognition of the other states CCP, I had to get a permit in both states, which was a non issue until it comes to renewals, Colorado doesn't mail out notices at all, and Oregon seems to drag it's feet as long as possible before sending out notices! I learned long ago to keep a note of both permit dates where they remind me often enough of when mine expires, so I don't have a lapse in permit coverage! As easy as Oregon is NOW, especially Marion County, Colorado is even easier, just show up at my local Sheriff's office, fill out the paperwork, pay the $35.00 fee, get my photo and finger prints taken, and confirm my mailing address, within 15 days, my new permit shows up in the mail, and i'm good to go! I could do it on line, but it's not that big a deal to stop in and do it in person as you cannot drive through my town without passing the sheriffs office anyway, so it's no big deal to to turn into the parking lot, just watch for horse back riders and cattle dogs! Last time I renewed in Marion County, it was almost as easy, just did the on line part and paid the fee electronically, they set an appointment date within reason, and on that date, I show up and get my picture taken and sign a few things, and within 30 days, the permit shows up in the mail! Doesn't get much easier, though I do wish it wasn't as expensive, it IS cheaper then the phuckin disaster that is the DMV in both states, with Oregon being the worst by far, neither is anywhere efficient or quick, though my last few visits in Salem were instantly handled with ZERO wait or even a line, and both times, the lady behind the counter was not only very helpful, she also gave me tips and advice to help make things even easier next time! It might be just a fluke but I'm not complaining! Colorado DMV seems to still be operating in the stone age, with most needs being a multi day event that leaves you needing whiskey in large doses!

Can a WA resident get one of those? I just renewed my CPL in Spokane via the internet, the first time after having to physically go into the Seattle PD since the 90s. FYI-the new ones are much better than those old laminated ones.
When I made my post I hadn't realized he had moved from Idaho back to washington.

To answer your question, yes you can get an Idaho enhanced non-resident, however it will not be any good in washington and a few other states that recognize an Idaho enhanced held by a Idaho resident.

Can a WA resident get one of those? I just renewed my CPL in Spokane via the internet, the first time after having to physically go into the Seattle PD since the 90s. FYI-the new ones are much better than those old laminated ones.
You logged in to Spokane city police department and filled out info and paid $50, then you go in for finger printing and all goes well you should get your plastic cpl license in the mail 10-15 days afterwards.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top