JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's interesting that people are complaining about the price gouging when it comes to ammunition and firearms but yet have no issues whatsoever on buying something from AMAZON, made in a sweatshop in China and cost only $0.35 to make but they bought it for $3.50 because it was a deal... ummm still 10x markup and made in a Chinese Sweatshop o_O :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
It's interesting that people are complaining about the price gouging when it comes to ammunition and firearms but yet have no issues whatsoever on buying something from AMAZON, made it a sweatshop in China and cost only $0.35 to make but they bought it for $3.50 because it was a deal... ummm still 10x markup and made in a Chinese Sweatshop o_O :rolleyes:

People will complain about anything, regardless of the irony.

Why I just keep my head low and drive on. Not contributing to it and not complaining about it; just stating the fax! :D
1617821939007.png

These days. Gouging, scalping, call it what you will. I was visiting the Midway USA site yesterday. Just browsing. The least expensive 9mm Parabellum ammo they list is 70 cents per round. The economy brands and lines. And they don't have any.

For my needs in the past, Midway was often an on-line gold standard. In fact, I was a customer of theirs back when they sold via a paper brochure in the mail called the Com Load Report. Because at that time, they mostly sold wholesale to dealers. Before the internet. So I consider them a fairly "normal" source.

Midway's prices on primers have bumped some too, but not as much by percentage. Average low $40's per brick, about a 35% increase over pre-Covid. But of course they don't have any.

If nobody has any, posted prices don't mean anything. I was just on the Cabela's site to see what they are doing. Their house brand Herter's 9mm is $14 a box of 50. None in stock, not available online.

So I guess at this time if you see something that really is available and on hand, that product has a very real advantage.
The big flippers may be meeting with unintended consequences.
I just read an article regarding the IRS taking a look at online sellers.
I would expect the fellow that had "several" 5,000 rd lots of .9mm for $3,000 per lot may well be the type of seller profile they are looking for/at.
Things could get interesting.
Best,
Gary

The least expensive 9mm Parabellum ammo they list is 70 cents per round. The economy brands and lines. And they don't have any.
What this says is that their price is too low. Normal times are behind us now. The assault on freedom has become a full-frontal attack. The enemies of freedom make no bones about their goals. We need not look all that far back to see where this leads. Time to prepare is now. Never mind our hobby. What price freedom?

Sure, I can use my Ebay rules and not say what I think when I see someone trying to sell 9mm target ammo for a buck a round, or even steel cased 7.62x39 for a buck a round, but what pisses me off is seeing all these new members trying to rip us off with their overpriced crap & knowing that without all these new sellers on here, I could spend more time reading because out of the 5 pages I can see of new posts, half wouldn't be for overpriced stuff I will never buy:eek:
I just find it crazy that so many people are willing to take an L. I have enough stocked up but to see so many people willing to spend hundreds if not thousands extra just to get some crappy steel cased and aluminum is sad. I understand the concept of supply and demand. Lets say Store A sets a price of $35 for aluminum 50 rd 9mm then I see people inflating the price to $50 to make a profit I'm not knocking the seller but can people actually afford to shoot almost a dollar a round? If you can I want to go shooting with you! I just feel like unless you stocked up you're essentially at the mercy of the sellers already inflated price. I just feel like people are being priced out of being able to shoot which is unfortunate!

The cheapest ammo prices ive seen was the last 2 years before covid came. With no doubt on 9mm . unfortunately I did not buy any of it. Now i rarely see decent quality .Yesterdays crap is today's good stuff .

I just read an article regarding the IRS taking a look at online sellers.

This is a fact. The 1099K reporting is coming in 2022. A result of part of one of the recent free money legislative acts. With a threshhold of $600. Which doesn't mean that such income reported will necessarily be taxable. Because there are a number of conditions under which people sell online. But if it's done for a profit, tax will be owed. Like flogging the same kind of item multiple times.

who's to say what gouging is?
Anyone that doesn't get what they want, how they want it.
economics, human behavior and history be damned.
Its hilarious really, I've seen the same people complain about "gouging" brag about buying multiple boxes of primers/bullets/whatever by gaming the system via going through multiple lines, ha being friends and relatives buy at the same time.
plan ahead or whine about it I guess.

I had someone offer me less today for some ammo I've advertised, saying their offer was what [insert local store name] was selling it for.

Hmm... if it's actually there on the shelf, then why don't they just go buy it new from that store, rather than try to negotiate me down to a price that makes it not worth my choosing to give up such a currently-scarce resource? And by selling it, I run the risk of not being able to replace that ammo at a time when I may end up badly needing it.

Scarcity (supply and demand) has a price associated with it as well.

I had someone offer me less today for some ammo I've advertised, saying their offer was what [insert local store name] was selling it for.
I think it's good that folks feel comfortable enough to offer a lower price. BTW, I had something similar occur and upon investigation it was a different brand, different type of ammo, and the local store allowed only a single box for purchase. At that point I didn't feel like doing any transaction with the person so I thanked them and wished them luck. I have a couple thousand rounds of 9mm I'll be putting up soon once my buddy settles on how much he wants. Thinking .50/round for it, mostly Remington UMC and American Eagle it appears although I need to get it out and organized (all brass cased in factory 50 round boxes). Same ammo is going for $.67 and up on the internet, and stores local are out of everything.

I feel that if folks think you, me or Cabelas or anyone else are "gouging", then don't buy it. Wait an see if prices come down. There has to be both a buyer and a seller in a transaction. Don't be the buyer. If everyone would just stop buying, prices will come down.

I think it's good that folks feel comfortable enough to offer a lower price. BTW, I had something similar occur and upon investigation it was a different brand, different type of ammo, and the local store allowed only a single box for purchase. At that point I didn't feel like doing any transaction with the person so I thanked them and wished them luck. I have a couple thousand rounds of 9mm I'll be putting up soon once my buddy settles on how much he wants. Thinking .50/round for it, mostly Remington UMC and American Eagle it appears although I need to get it out and organized (all brass cased in factory 50 round boxes). Same ammo is going for $.67 and up on the internet, and stores local are out of everything.

I feel that if folks think you, me or Cabelas or anyone else are "gouging", then don't buy it. Wait an see if prices come down. There has to be both a buyer and a seller in a transaction. Don't be the buyer. If everyone would just stop buying, prices will come down.
Great points made here, and to be fair the gentleman was polite and said "no problem" when I declined.

also, I ended up selling it to someone else at the same proposed price... but it was because that person also bought 3 boxes of the 30-06 I was selling.

Hmm... if it's actually there on the shelf, then why don't they just go buy it new from that store, rather than try to negotiate me down to a price that makes it not worth my choosing to give up such a currently-scarce resource? And by selling it, I run the risk of not being able to replace that ammo at a time when I may end up badly needing it.

Scarcity (supply and demand) has a price associated with it as well.
He left out the part about being restricted to buying only one or two boxes of that ammo he saw on the shelves

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top