JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a thought:

So, I stopped by Tigard Armory, close by. They have 9mm in stock so I inquired on the price. They are charging nearly $40 per box of 50 CCI Blazer 115 grain. I am surprised that retail is charging so much. It makes the boxes I sold for $25.00 look like a downright bargain.

I'm glad places like BiMart are maintaining a regular economic profit.

We do want these places to stay in business, right? If they sell 100 boxes at $14.99 and that nets them a $500 profit (which is probably generous at $5 profit per box). But their supply cost goes up and all they have is 20 boxes and they have to raise their price to $40 per box and they pray for a $20 profit per box (20x20 = $400) they've gone from $500 profit to $400 profit.

In short: If they don't have the product, they HAVE to raise their prices. BiMart might not HAVE to because they sell tons of other stuff. But I'm giving the smaller gun stores a break. Can't blame them.

* Sale price only valid during Black History month.

The month can spur interest in the study of said history. My children are doing just so, albeit at their educational level. Their arts and crafts are most amusing.*

And we adults just got back from a delightful dinner with a new friend who is African—American. The other guests were a Teutonic woman and an extremely silly Spanish—American fellow (yo). "Celebrate diversity" as a slogan may be something of a joke, but in real life, it can be a joyful thing. But, I digress. :s0155:

* Like this one.
afroamericano.jpg

The month can spur interest in the study of said history. My children are doing just so, albeit at their educational level. Their arts and crafts are most amusing.*

And we adults just got back from a delightful dinner with a new friend who is African—American. The other guests were a Teutonic woman and an extremely silly Spanish—American fellow (yo). "Celebrate diversity" as a slogan may be a complete joke, but in real life, it can be a joyful thing. But, I digress. :s0155:

* Like this one.
View attachment 830542
You're still not getting an extension on the sale price, no matter how many black folks you know.

"If I like it I buy it, you have to supply it." Meaning you are allowed to sell at whatever price point you desire if you are the seller. I see a lot of member who give great deals others not so much but I don't feel any animosity toward that seller. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything it is a choice. unfortunate as it is that is the time we are living in at the moment.

Sure, I can use my Ebay rules and not say what I think when I see someone trying to sell 9mm target ammo for a buck a round, or even steel cased 7.62x39 for a buck a round, but what pisses me off is seeing all these new members trying to rip us off with their overpriced crap & knowing that without all these new sellers on here, I could spend more time reading because out of the 5 pages I can see of new posts, half wouldn't be for overpriced stuff I will never buy:eek:

Holy- moly Batman..lololol, So I was just doing some late night ammo cruising on ammoseek.com...and I saw these guys ( Extraordinary Ammo dot com), (i have never heard of them to be clear)..and I saw 1 box of 20 for 110$$ not including tax/ shipping lololol, it has only been about a year or so 14 months since I bought American Gunner 120 grain FMJ 200 round bulk pack for 89.00 no tax and pretty cheap shipping, I guess its about time for me to get my affairs in order because the Rapture is about to happen lolol...stay frosty.

are-you-rapture-ready.jpg

Every now and then I come on NWFA to see if I can find some reasonably priced ammo. I have never bought ammo from this site for a reason! While you may run into some reasonably priced items ammo is a no go for me. While I understand it's a business and people want to make a profit selling $1 a round of 9mm or $75 for .357 for 50 is ridiculous.. To each their own but I can't stand seeing the argument of " well it is this price on gunbroker" if you haven't realized by now gunbroker prices are way over priced; and if that's the case why wouldn't I just buy it on gunbroker and have it delivered to my house?? Until people refuse to pay these prices ammo is going to stay over priced. Also doesn't help so many new gun buyers. Keep what you got reload if possible!

Every now and then I come on NWFA to see if I can find some reasonably priced ammo. I have never bought ammo from this site for a reason! While you may run into some reasonably priced items ammo is a no go for me. While I understand it's a business and people want to make a profit selling $1 a round of 9mm or $75 for .357 for 50 is ridiculous.. To each their own but I can't stand seeing the argument of " well it is this price on gunbroker" if you haven't realized by now gunbroker prices are way over priced; and if that's the case why wouldn't I just buy it on gunbroker and have it delivered to my house?? Until people refuse to pay these prices ammo is going to stay over priced. Also doesn't help so many new gun buyers. Keep what you got reload if possible!

I am sure you would be the one guy who would sell his house for a "fair price" in a seller's market and not the actual price people are willing to pay. It's great to have you here to keep us all grounded in reality. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Yes a lot of the ammo here is "over priced".

With that said....some of it ain't.
Shameless plug for my 12 gauge ammo for trade here..... :D

Ammo prices are what they are , if you remember the prices , before this mess...then yep they are high.
If you need the ammo or are new to guns...then what prices are asked , are normal.

I don't like the high prices , or the folks that buy the ammo , when its available at the shop , just to turn it on here for more.
But...there ain't much I can do about either.
Andy

Yes a lot of the ammo here is "over priced".

With that said....some of it ain't.
Shameless plug for my 12 gauge ammo for trade here..... :D

Ammo prices are what they are , if you remember the prices , before this mess...then yep they are high.
If you need the ammo or are new to guns...then what prices are asked , are normal.

I don't like the high prices , or the folks that buy the ammo , when its available at the shop , just to turn it on here for more.
But...there ain't much I can do about either.
Andy

Exactly this.

I occasionally consider selling some manufactured stock. Particularly 9mm, now that I'm back up reloading for it.

If I do decide to sell any 9mm manufactured stock, i'll likely use "gun broker" along with "ammo seek" to guide my price accordingly. Under both, so it sells reasonably easily AND the buyer gets a "better deal".

I'm not in the ammunition business. So any profit on a resource I'll likely never see again, or not for a VERY LONG TIME, will have to be rather significant for me to do so.

The market is what it is...

I occasionally consider selling some manufactured stock. Particularly 9mm, now that I'm back up reloading for it.

If I do decide to sell any 9mm manufactured stock, i'll likely use "gun broker" along with "ammo seek" to guide my price accordingly. Under both, so it sells reasonably easily AND the buyer gets a "better deal".

I'm not in the ammunition business. So any profit on a resource I'll likely never see again, or not for a VERY LONG TIME, will have to be rather significant for me to do so.

The market is what it is...

If you decide to sell some 9mm, make it easy on yourself and just convo me. :):D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top