JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have never carried a fanny pack and can't imagine I ever will. But FYI this sling pack has a free fanny pack that is integrated into the sling pack or can be detached And worn separately. If you go to a 511 store and ask for a discontinued color you can get them very cheap, like $38 cheap. The sling pack is very well built (overbuilt actually, designed to carry a lot of weight) and easy to deploy. The Fannypack will hold a big gun plus mags. I can fit two sig P938 9mm Guns into The fanny pack (just fwiw, would never Need to) so that gives you some idea of size. A 1911 would fit I'm sure. Sling pack will handle small pcc with suppressor It's bigger than it looks (probably not a pcc with buffer tube though, I would have to try it).

Last Edited:
The Glock or the fanny pack or both pieces of on-person equipment? :(

I don't like off body carry personally and waist packs are well known to be used occasionally for carrying weapons.

I suppose it could be safely done the way medic! Described. You could use a kydex trigger guard with some 550 cord tied to the pack so it clears on the draw.

I don't like off body carry personally and waist packs are well known to be used occasionally for carrying weapons.

I suppose it could be safely done the way medic! Described. You could use a kydex trigger guard with some 550 cord tied to the pack so it clears on the draw.

It therefore seems logical a "mass shooter" might target a fanny-pack wearer first in a crowded place. :eek:

Fanny pack - means a lot different things around the world :s0112:

I'll do a maxpidition fatboy slung across chest for very specific occasions but would rather have my gun on me.

I use a zippered, leather gun pack (it's not a fanny pack) to carry on my gun belt when it reaches the high 90's plus.

Does it look dorky?

Oh yeah, not quite as dorky as a fanny pack, but dorky looking non the less.

Who cares what others think?

Not me and not one person has ever been dumb enough to ask what's inside either.

It is much cooler in the hideous heat because I don't need a cover garment...

In the winter, I use an OWB holster with a cover vest.

Last Edited:
Typically it's OWB for me, but was bike riding today and used a Hill people gear kit bag - it works well for outdoor activities when you don't want it on your hip, jogging, bike riding, hiking, etc. it's a great product.

I went to a waist pack decades ago when my chiropractor recommended that I empty my back pockets (which did help my lower back problems). That was decades ago. Still wear it but carry IWB. I figure it's a great distraction cause they watch my pack and the draw from the side confuses them.

elsie

30 yrs ago, my WIFE carried her 2" revolver in a gun pack. At that period of time, it was pretty obvious that it was a gun pack. I was worried she would be targeted by someone wanting to steal her gun.

The other problem was that it was zippered. Deployment was not quick at all. In fact, I've seen vids of defenders being killed in a gunfight because they were doing off-body carry instead of having a holster.

Hiking... well, I do use a waist pack with two water bottles on it. But I don't put my firearm in there because it's not going to be accessible when I need it and there is no fixed holster with a trigger guard inside. Instead, I carry either a 4" .357 on the pack belt, or I have my 9mm in a shoulder holster in cooler weather. When I still backpacked, I had a Ruger Bearcat on the pack frame belt. Should have seen some of the looks I got from hippie and earthmuffin hikers!!!

As a day-to-day 80's fashion statement... ummm, no. As an effective way to belly-carry a couple essentials on a bicycle? Works for me.

Reminds me, I need a new pack - or to modify my heavy duty black nylon one with some Velcro to rip open in a hurry. Aggressive critters on remote trails (or surprised meth head porta-cookers) don't typically sit around waiting for people to fumble with zippers, etc.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads