JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry in a fanny pack from time to time
Comes in handy at the coast/river/lake.
I also pocket carry far more than I IWB carry.

It may not be sexy, but its comfortable and effective. Like crocs and socks. Which I also happen to wear in addition to my waist pack.

I carry in a fanny pack from time to time
Comes in handy at the coast/river/lake.
I also pocket carry far more than I IWB carry.

It may not be sexy, but its comfortable and effective. Like crocs and socks. Which I also happen to wear in addition to my waist pack.
I started using a fanny pack LONG before I ever saw one made for a gun. Thought it was fantastic. Lived in SW, warm to very warm a LOT of the year. When Algore invented the net I started to see a LOT of posts from guys claiming these "scream gun". I for a long time was very confused about this as everywhere I went I saw a ton of them. Thought are that many people caring a gun now? Then one day one buddy of mine said he would not wear one because it had become the symbol of being gay. Then it made sense why so many guys were jumping up and down screaming they "scream gun". They were scared to death the screamed gay. I laughed till I cried at that one.

I have collected a few pretty cool gun purposed fanny packs over the years but I could never bring myself to actually wear one. If I have to go man bag it's usually with a small Maxpedition Remora or one of their range bags.
It's bad enough that I went pony tail last year. If I am spotted wearing a fanny pack it could really destroy any street creds that I had left. I have a reputation to maintain you know.... :cool:

Do you mean fanny pack by chance?

Yes, fanny pack. I think "waistpack" is more in fashion these days as "fanny" might sound too foppish for some men. The pack has to be dam functional for serious concealed carry. I like the "quick-deploy" ones that rip open dam quick in an emergency with the corner pull tab. You pull the thing open with your non-firing hand as you draw your pistol with your gun hand.

I sent an email to this outfit to ask them a few questions about their packs.

This model line: Southwestern Tapestry Concealed Carry Fanny Pack - 049 by

site-logo.png

I have my sights set on a new Glock 26 with pinky extension magazine and the "perfect" pack to tote it in. I love (fanny) packs and have been wearing them for years shamelessly. I have to pack my phone, wallet, keys, inhaler, chapstick, ink pen, swiss army knife, emergency wad of TP, and other little junk to boot anyway.

In the summer time I dress thin: shorts and polo shirt. Those body holsters or belly bands under the shirt looks uncomfortable and I've been so comfortable with fanny packs for a long time anyway. To me a fanny pack is about as utilitarian for one's person as a pickup truck is utilitarian for an outdoor sportsman.

Yes, fanny pack. I think "waistpack" is more in fashion these days as "fanny" might sound too foppish for some men. The pack has to be dam functional for serious concealed carry. I like the "quick-deploy" ones that rip open dam quick in an emergency with the corner pull tab. You pull the thing open with your non-firing hand as you draw your pistol with your gun hand.

I sent an email to this outfit to ask them a few questions about their packs.

This model line: Southwestern Tapestry Concealed Carry Fanny Pack - 049 by

View attachment 712795

I have my sights set on a new Glock 26 with pinky extension magazine and the "perfect" pack to tote it in. I love (fanny) packs and have been wearing them for years shamelessly. I have to pack my phone, wallet, keys, inhaler, chapstick, ink pen, swiss army knife, emergency wad of TP, and other little junk to boot anyway.

In the summer time I dress thin: shorts and polo shirt. Those body holsters or belly bands under the shirt looks uncomfortable and I've been so comfortable with fanny packs for a long time anyway. To me a fanny pack is about as utilitarian for one's person as a pickup truck is utilitarian for an outdoor sportsman.

There are now many well made packs made to carry. Only thing to be careful of in your choice of pistol is trigger. The entire trigger guard should be covered with a pistol like that. Other than that go for it. The ones I have and use currently are Uncle Mikes. I have had them so damn long I can't even remember how long ago I bought them. They have held up very well.

It's a CARRY-ALL! :D

I've had people refer to my fanny pack as a "wallet" and sometimes I'd call it a "waist wallet". At least they didn't dare call it a purse!
Now, what do you think of all those Scotsmen in plaid skirts with nothing on underneath? ;)

'Sides, real men don't drink "Lite" "Beer", they drink something with gusto like MGD also from Miller.

you can check out hillpeople kit bags, that are a chest bag that have a pistol compartment and a second compartment for phone or survival gear or whatever, i realy like mine and it works well with a backpack also.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top