Who else literally grew up with firearms?

Did you grow up with firearms or get interested later in life?

• Since I was a kid.

Votes: 305 87.1%
  • Later in adulthood.

Votes: 45 12.9%

• Total voters
Reactions
Not to minimize the rest of your reply @mhayd93 , which is great, but this last part is something to talk about.
I know people who feel they should have a gun to protect them self, have absolutely no interest in hunting and yet still vote Democrat! WTF?!?!?!?

You know the story, "I'm from the Government and I'm here to help".
It really is amazing. I also know quite a few people who are that way; avid shooters who will tell you how pro-2A they are, but then vote Democrat exclusively. It's as if there is a literal mental block that prevents them from seeing how voting Democrat in the modern era (especially on the West Coast) is a direct vote against the 2nd Amendment.

Reactions
1967 I was givin a Marlin 22 lr, purchased at the neghborhood Coast to Coast hardware store. It was a christmas present. When my 5th grade class re-assembled after the holiday, the teacher(Mrs. Nyberg), (bless her soul) asked all students to share what they recieved as gifts.
She immediately propelled me into popularity.
Still have the gun today, along with a full safe of others that I have been collecting, and respecting since.

Reactions
I grew up wiith guns, and it’s maybe a funny thing, but I NEVER remember a time when I did not clearly know the difference between toy guns and real ones. We had great cap guns like the Mattel Fanner 50, toy Tommy guns, later Johnny Seven OMA and Crimebuster, not to mention dart guns and later BB guns. I believe I was shooting Dad’s Colt Woodsman at around six, and I learned on the .22 single shot rifle he had had since 7th grade. It was not too much later that I got to shoot his S&W K-38 Masterpiece (probably why I’m still spoiled for a nice trigger). Guns have just always been part of life. In the mid 1970’s I got interested in handloading. Maybe it’s fitting, given that I have the same birthday as James Madison.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Service
    Steve is an excellent guy to deal with. After looking at some Form 4 items at another dealer who didnt seem interested in my money, i emailed...
Top Bottom