JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The inquiry concept is a fair strategy to develop a "draw" at the table, but suffers with the encumberance of the word "modern", especially when the term is undefined.
I'd humbly suggest that a replica Winchester '66 or '73, fully engraved from head to toe would turn ANY head walking by (especially kids and ladies).
Perhaps a contrast of two dazzling guns: (Black Plastic Tactical That Instantly Turns Money Into Noise, versus Blue Walnut American History Icon That John Wayne Would Be Proud To Own).
A display that highlights the spectrum of persons enjoying this website, communicating welcome to all.

I'd be more than happy to come out, sit at the table, and let my 7 inch SBR'd AR sit there for a while. It's not super mall ninja'd, but it turns more heads than most stuff I've seen at the shooting pit lately.

If you guys can get a beltfed MG-42, I've got belts and dummy rounds I will happily donate to the cause.

You're also welcome to borrow my collection of cutaway and inert ordnance at some point (I need to finish the display case).

Personally, a carl gustav or an RPG7 would totally grab my attention.

I second the motion for the Tommy gun since I've never seen one in person: Tommy Gun.JPG

Black Plastic Tactical That Instantly Turns Money Into Noise

There are several versions of said weapon, One that turns $.30 into a pop every pull of the trigger. Or at the other end of the spectrum one that turns $4 into a boom 8 times a second.

I like the description though. Next time someone asks me what one of my black rifles is I am going to quote "its a machine that turns money into noise"

S&W Mod 41
Browning Medalists
Older K22's

And Originals or modern high quality replicas of.....
Sharps 45-120, 110,90,70's
and Quality replicas. 45's and 50 cal's
Scheutzen rifles, any..... any Farquharson action Rifles

These are my drooling grounds.

Last Edited:
What many people do not realize is that was the hey-day of craftsmanship and customization in rifles. Many of those old rifles may have sported a Winchester or Ballard barreled action, but most were finished to customer specifications by the likes of Pope, Schoyen, & Helm. There are 1885 Winchester single shots that were ordered from the factory unchambered and not rifled. Harry Pope would then do the rifling and chambering himself, as well as install his own DST's and levers. Stocks were custom fit with proper cast-off for the customer. Even some of the special order rifles from the factories were jaw dropping beautiful. Another little known fact is that at the end of the 19th century and early 20th, shooting was THE national sport, and BIG money was won at many rifle matches across the country.

ARX-100! Preferably set up left-handed. When the curious stop by and scratch their heads, you can swap it around to RH for them in 30 seconds or so.

But if all else fails, go for a Glock 7.

What many people do not realize is that was the hey-day of craftsmanship and customization in rifles. Many of those old rifles may have sported a Winchester or Ballard barreled action, but most were finished to customer specifications by the likes of Pope, Schoyen, & Helm. There are 1885 Winchester single shots that were ordered from the factory unchambered and not rifled. Harry Pope would then do the rifling and chambering himself, as well as install his own DST's and levers. Stocks were custom fit with proper cast-off for the customer. Even some of the special order rifles from the factories were jaw dropping beautiful. Another little known fact is that at the end of the 19th century and early 20th, shooting was THE national sport, and BIG money was won at many rifle matches across the country.

Kinda like this I think is what he is talking about:
Winchester Model 1885 Special Sporting Rifle, Caliber .25-20 Single Shot. Number 3 Barrel, XXX wood.

PA080026.jpg

Have a drawing and place a couple different guns on the table with bins to vote on as to which is the favorite.

Draw from the bin that collects the most "votes" for favorite gun and giveaway something simple for the prize.

Get people involved and standing there filling out a slip will keep them there for a couple min to engage in some firearms convo's about our board.

XM-25 Grenade Launcher
Capable of firing 25 grenades that are set to explode mid-air or somewhere more near the intended target, the XM-25 is quite simply a bad little piece of machinery. Bad as in good – good in the way you don't want to mess with it. The user can manually adjust the detonating distance up to three meters shorter or longer, and the gun is capable of transmitting the distance to the grenade from the firing chamber. It's a gun, and it's a computer, and it's packing some heavy artillery.
Hopefully, Kel-Tec will clone this bad boy for home defense.

WEAPON4.jpg

Kinda like this I think is what he is talking about:
Winchester Model 1885 Special Sporting Rifle, Caliber .25-20 Single Shot. Number 3 Barrel, XXX wood.

That's a beautiful rifle! Someone had some real hunting skill to bring down a 'lope with a .25-20.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads