JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To increase visibility and spread the word about NWFA, we'll soon be returning to a table at the Expo Center gun shows. Though we don't sell firearms, in the past we had one firearm on our table, usually borrowed from a member, used to draw attention. For a while it was a Barrett .50, which was always a hit. Years later it was the KSG, when everyone knew what they were but had never seen one in person.

I'd like to stick with this strategy, so I'm asking the community. Please keep in mind that we're going for mass appeal, to most effectively spread the word.

Question 1: Which modern firearm would be most likely to grab your attention, sitting on a table at a gun show?
Question 2 (if different): Which firearm would you suggest we try to display?

Thanks guys!

Question 2 (if different): Which firearm would you suggest we try to display?

An MP40 or a Sturmgewehr 44, Broomhandle Mauser etc.
Any cutting edge WWII or earlier weapon would get my attention more than any tricked out modern sporting rifle alone.
What would be cool would be to see a Sturmgewehr side by side with one of it's modern day replacements.

I think a couple of guns, signifying the different forum interests - ie WWII weapons, something new and shiny and maybe a target pistol or tricked out .22, would get the most attention.

I'd make them somewhat rare versions if at all possible.

Just a point of view here but in my opinion if you are trying to build a people place then make it a play ground. Git rid of the bullies and let the rest play as they want. Fun is what draws people. Just figure out how not to drive them away:D

I have a few things that are different that they probably wont have been seen before. Like a mechtech CCU (complete rifle upper for a glock 19) or a grand power k100 that has the rotating barrel (not common in the US, never seen one at a show). I have a refinished cz82 with the original czech army holster (I think) and a 1952 Hi Power that British SAS forgot to clean (its clean now though). How would one go about letting them get displayed? Not sure about that.

Remington R51 9mm. Afterall the fuss when they first came out and had all the problems now that Remington says they are fixed I'd sure like to see one.

Or a 1 of 1000 Win hester model 73 or 76

For military a Johnson rifle would be cool

M2 Cutaway training training prop.
I saw one someplace and it was super cool, all the internels painted different colors. You could cycle the action and see what happens inside as it delinked and chambered a round.

I'm sure someone has one laying around right?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top