JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I stopped going years ago.. the deals just aren't at the shows anymore.
Even to go for handling and evaluation of a potential future purchase, its cost for entry and parking outweighs what most of us can simply do at a big box store, pawn shop or LGS.
Not to mention all the "odds and ends" prices on old/odd gear is long gone. Everyone thinks they are selling gold now.

I went in Saturday about 1pm. Maybe ten cars in the back lot and possibly 20 at the front of the building. Few dealers and not really anything worth seeing. Just a waste of time and effort. Just a sad show.

I went last year. Ten dollars to do a 20 minute walk-around the hall was one thing. But the $10 to park killed it for me.
Must be they want to pay for the new building and parking lot in a short time.
Vancouver's is the same way. Although I think they stopped the pay to park. I haven't been there in years.

BTW it is cheaper to park at the TriMet Max parking across the street (ie free).
True! I've been a couple times, just because I like gun shows. I usually even like the poor ones, and to be honest this is generally just a ghost of what gun shows used to be. I'd still go if I didn't have anything else to do.

Didn't even know it was happening till I happened to pass a sign for it Sunday afternoon and figured it was too late. That show has rarely been worthwhile though… even with the "hack" of parking for free across the street. I've usually gone because it's only a few minute drive and I often don't have other weekend plans anyways. Of the last 5 or so times I've gone, there's been one where I was glad I went and was able to find a great deal on a rare milsurp missing from my collection. Aside from that, there was a time I picked up a mag or two, but usually just left empty handed.

I lived in Hillsboro for more than 20 years and used to enjoy that show.

I moved down here to Arizona in 2020 and, due to the lack of dealer participation and available product at the show, I stopped going at least 3 or 4 years before we moved.

Yes, it's sad. And it should not be that way.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top