JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am a Instrumentation Tech. for the Oil Refinery in Tacoma. I walk around and drink coffee until something breaks, then I fix it. It is a great job.

I am hoping to get a job working in waste water or fresh water treatment soon.

I run a steel-detailing business. Basically, I build 3D models of a buildings' steel superstructure (plus other steel components) on a computer so that it fits up real nice when the ironworkers are putting it together.

I use to work in law enforcement, I now am back in school studying and finishing my degree with emergency medicine. I have my EMTb but am pursuing my paramedic degree. I also do alot of volunteer work..

I am SHOCKED that a thread is allowed on this site that is centered around a four-letter word, and a filthy disgusting habit no less....... When I was addicted to that kind of activity I hauled stuff around the sky for a Mr. Brown. Until I finally told him what he could do for ME one day.....

Used to repair steel containers and chassis in the Union Pacific rail yard.
now on un employment and social security. Guess that makes me a government employee.

I'm the manager, technical/warranty guy for a wholesale transmission rebuilding facility in North Portland. We build and sell manual transmissions and transfer cases all over the US and Canada. If you go to Auto Zone, for instance, and order a manual transmission, it likely comes from us. We sell new and used parts for the same stuff. I am also very involved in the development of the new product we have made and the testing and quality control of those parts. I've been in the automotive and 4x4 field since graduating high school in 1980.
And this company was bought by a LARGE corporation. After the corporation started really sending it's influence downstream, things got all wonky. Hired unneeded middle management who didn't know squat about a transmission and/or the business of customer service and disrupted the flow with many "new" (meaning untested) ideas. Production and employee moral went in the toilet.
I quit in January of this year after 19 years with this company. I was not going to be part of the corporation turning it's back on the customers and employees that built this company.
I took 3 months off and played Grandpa to a 1 year old.
I now work at a small auto shop in SE Portland that specializes in classic and performance cars. No stress and I look forward to going to work every single day.

Life is good:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top