JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I don'tknow if anyone will take part of this but it would be interesting to know where everyone works.( I know it's a bad time to ask since OREGON has a unemployment rate of 20.6 % or so.)

I work for Wackenhut( Yes I'm a rent-a-cop,wanna be, etc :)) I've been with them for 2 years. It hasn't been really bad since I get paid 12 whole bucks an hour and they work around my school schedule. I love the people that I work with, your typical funny lookin *** kicking team.

Anyways your guy's turn...

I'm a Chemist at Oregon Rubber Mills In Corvallis. We make Bulk Rubber to other company's specifications and Send it out to them and then they use our rubber to Make their Product. We Ship to anyone from People who make rubber mats to Les Schwab's to Military product manufacturing plants

I work for Harry and David here in Medford OR. I work in the IT dept for our package shipping system. This time of year it always slow...Come November it will be different:D

I am a hobo who prefers not to work if at all possible. When I am forced to work I like to be my own boss so I usually run my own company. I used to make custom furiture, then flipped houses, and now I am opening a martini lounge in NE PDX. All to keep from having to get a real job. :)

Shameless plug to follow...

MotherMaybels.jpg

<broken link removed>

I've been unemployed for quite some time now but I've always been able to pick up enough computer work on the side to make ends meet, then run NorthwestFirearms.com and NorthwestConservative.com during the hours I'd normally be working a 9-5 job. Unfortunately the computer stuff has dried up, and of course it's nearly impossible to find a paying job now days.

US Dept of Energy - BPA. Not nearly as cool as the Proprietor of Martini Lounge. Hey, that Nun looks like she's sitting on a commode :)

We can't all be as hip and cool as I am (as I sit here in my ratted old bathrobe and fruit of the loom tightie whities re-reading my Death of Superman graphic novel for the upteenth time wondering if I should go see the new Star Trek movie for the 5th time tomorrow). :D

..and who says she isnt? ;)

When and where were you working?
I worked for the Willamette Bridge and J**** Youth organizations for years when I first came to Oregon (early 90's). That was before I decide social work was way too much work for way too little money and you would have to be crazy to want that job (no offense Scott :)). I just wish I had figured that out before blowing tons of cash on graduate school.

I worked for the Willamette Bridge and J**** Youth organizations for years when I first came to Oregon (early 90's). That was before I decide social work was way too much work for way too little money and you would have to be crazy to want that job (no offense Scott :)). I just wish I had figured that out before blowing tons of cash on graduate school.

I know we do not agree on much but I agree with you on this. I know I am taking a huge cut in pay and I feel you on the student loans. They suck and to be honest I would have to seel about 10 barrett 50 cal all Leupold Mark 4 on them to pay it off. I am sure you know that. I am thinking about going in with a couple of friend in a business venture with firearms. I hope it will change in the future. Who knows. Well maybe I will have enough to buy a jack on ice in your bar. You don't participate in social services anymore?

Scott

You don't participate in social services anymore?
Not unless you count giving a dollar to the homeless lady with the black dog at the 43rd exit off I-84 every morning as social work.

I actually tried to become a little more involved in a mentoring program recently (assisting a wayward youth who was involved in an assault upon myself in PDX not too long ago) but was denied in part because of my admission to carrying a gun...but that is a long story.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top