JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup. Without the spread it's not nearly as effective. It just hurts but you can definitely fight through it if you're determined.
Used as a contact weapon the best way to describe it is like touching the spark plug on a lawn mower. It does hurt like hell. To use a Taser to disable someone they have to use the probes. Then its a whole different game. When these first hit there was no fighting through it. If they made contact the person just fell down. Bunch of really high dopers died and of course media kept saying the Taser killed, which it did not. I have started to see a few video's last many years though of people actually shot with a Taser who it did not drop. I have suspected for a while that they may have "toned them down" due to the dope heads dieing. If this is what they did its a real shame. The Taser was a great tool when they first hit. You could get someone down and in cuffs without beating them to a pulp. Which was why media hated them. They wanted the video of scum being beaten to a pulp. Its been scrubbed to its hard to find but Taser did a demo video when they first hit. HUGE Brahma Bull. They tase him and he goes down, feet strait out and can't move. As soon as the juice stops he jumps up and hits the fence HARD. He is pissed off. PETA types of course were all hair on fire over it. :s0140:

Yup. Without the spread it's not nearly as effective. It just hurts but you can definitely fight through it if you're determined.
Tasers are pain compliance in "drive stun" mode. As noted, you need the spread of barbs to have neuromuscular incapacitation (NMI). A firearm in drive stun...well, we saw that is something completely different. This is why I'm not big on the zappers they market, usually to ladies. A) you need to be too close B) they don't work against a motivated attacker

Used as a contact weapon the best way to describe it is like touching the spark plug on a lawn mower. It does hurt like hell. To use a Taser to disable someone they have to use the probes. Then its a whole different game. When these first hit there was no fighting through it. If they made contact the person just fell down. Bunch of really high dopers died and of course media kept saying the Taser killed, which it did not. I have started to see a few video's last many years though of people actually shot with a Taser who it did not drop. I have suspected for a while that they may have "toned them down" due to the dope heads dieing. If this is what they did its a real shame. The Taser was a great tool when they first hit. You could get someone down and in cuffs without beating them to a pulp. Which was why media hated them. They wanted the video of scum being beaten to a pulp. Its been scrubbed to its hard to find but Taser did a demo video when they first hit. HUGE Brahma Bull. They tase him and he goes down, feet strait out and can't move. As soon as the juice stops he jumps up and hits the fence HARD. He is pissed off. PETA types of course were all hair on fire over it. :s0140:
I think that was a Taseer designed for livestock. At the end of the video there is a caution about using it on two-legged critters.

View: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2u18&ved=2ahUKEwjS6vqX7v2EAxWyDDQIHVMUBdYQwqsBegQIBBAF&usg=AOvVaw0fMXz9hthxk3dW_Duwu8Nn

That's it. I forgot it was a model they were making for things like Bear. Never have actually seen one so not sure if they just promptly stopped selling them or what. Probably afraid people would buy them and use them on people. :s0140:

Should've tazed his nuts instead. All that swamp butt helps conduct the zap
18DA3356-214D-4C2A-92D6-19A4119B0CE0.jpeg

At unity medical center, or as I call it, homeless Hilton, a highly drunk male subject was tasered by hospital security, four different times and he would not go down. He was wearing lose clothing (carhartt jacket). He had displayed a knife after security took his vodka bottle away, then he got up and began to walk toward the entrance into the unity building. Security ended up tackling the suspect.

Apparently the BAL of this guy was .400, he should have been medically dead, so I heard. I saw the body cam footage and I asked myself, why doesn't security also carry rubber ball/ beanbag non-lethal? Oh, I, thinking too much, I'll stop lol.

Don't even mention firearms because even though a hospital security was killed last July, these gun free zones will never understand and arm certain security officers. They are afraid of the liability and don't wanna spend the money to arm security.

At unity medical center, or as I call it, homeless Hilton, a highly drunk male subject was tasered by hospital security, four different times and he would not go down. He was wearing lose clothing (carhartt jacket). He had displayed a knife after security took his vodka bottle away, then he got up and began to walk toward the entrance into the unity building. Security ended up tackling the suspect.

Apparently the BAL of this guy was .400, he should have been medically dead, so I heard. I saw the body cam footage and I asked myself, why doesn't security also carry rubber ball/ beanbag non-lethal? Oh, I, thinking too much, I'll stop lol.

Don't even mention firearms because even though a hospital security was killed last July, these gun free zones will never understand and arm certain security officers. They are afraid of the liability and don't wanna spend the money to arm security.
Sometimes the human body can take an amazing amount of punishment before its says "I'm out of here". :s0140:
While a BAC of .4 often puts someone at deaths door I have had to fight with people who were close to a .5. Some of them put up an amazing fight even with that much alcohol in the blood and often street drugs to go along with it. They often become unable to feel pain so they can be a handful. Had one a bit back that jumped into a lake when temp outside was 40, so water had to be damn cold. The Cops and Medics had to fight with them to get them out of the water even though they were close to being dead from hypothermia. After they warmed up the fight got even better. Against someone like this the less than lethal ammo is often worthless as they just do not respond to pain. We do now have a newer form of defense spray that will literally blind them, they can not open their eyes with it and it does not effect those around. So it helps. Still often have to use a lot of force to get them down. Many here finally did start arming some of the staff but, if they actually shoot some kook the public of course freaks out. Again people are getting what they keep asking for. :s0092:

He was wearing lose clothing (carhartt jacket).
Something like a Carhartt jacket and other layers of clothing keeps the probes far enough away from the body that they may not make the connections for NMI (Neuromuscular incapacitation). We had a guy with MH issues who made himself a set of "medieval body armor" out of cardboard and duct tape to avoid Taser probes...it worked. It was a cross between the Tin Man, Sir Lancelot, and a refrigerator box.

Something like a Carhartt jacket and other layers of clothing keeps the probes far enough away from the body that they may not make the connections for NMI (Neuromuscular incapacitation). We had a guy with MH issues who made himself a set of "medieval body armor" out of cardboard and duct tape to avoid Taser probes...it worked. It was a cross between the Tin Man, Sir Lancelot, and a refrigerator box.
This is why I carry salt, a zippo lighter and dress like a windmill.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top