JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
shipping is $29 a case. So call it $330 delivered which means you are paying to much.
My cost for CC blazer 124gr or 115gr is currently $305.20 including tax and shipping.
Thanks. The link is showing the ammo cost is $269, that should bring the total cost to about $300. Where do you get the extra $30?

This looks nice but too lazy to create an account to determine shipping cost. Anyone know shipping to PDX average?
I have found that often if a place will not make it simple to see what they charge for shipping it means they are using the shipping and handling to pad their nice sounding price. The idea being that many will not notice when they go to check out.

I am super new to this, but if there is a tutorial you like, I love to read about it :)
If you want to roll your own and start with any strait wall pistol ammo its so simple anyone can do it. I first learned with just a book by Lee. Now days you have hours of video you can watch too. If you want to do it just buy one of the kits that come with all you need and a manual. Only real problem since last great panic has been primers. Even they are finally starting to come back.

I would like to buy some 9mm regular and hollow point ammo - where do you recommend, local or online?
BiMart
They have it in stock and at prices that are competitive with or better than just about anyone, unless you're buying in very large orders. Be sure to figure in shipping costs when you compare BiMart's (or your local gun shop's) prices with online sellers.

I am super new to this, but if there is a tutorial you like, I love to read about it :)
If your just starting and have nothing. And you're "Serious as a heart attack" of rolling your own? Here's how I started and do not have one regret about the money laid out. Every item is useful and necessary if you go on to load hand gun and long gun rounds.

If you progress with the hobby/habit, there will be more as you go. The classifieds here are a good place to get things you need. Some members might even take pity on a newb and let go of some of the more difficult to source stuff.

Black Friday sales coming up!
Do you think that will make some difference? I know Black Friday hasn't really meant anything to the wife and I for the last couple of years. Maybe we're weird, not always upgrading something that still works fine. Also, the crazy FED will keep upping the interest rates if people keep buying no matter the price. I'm sick of hearing our retirement lose every time the FED farts (talks about raising interest rates). Like today. Again!

Then there's the fact that every thing has gone up from 30%-100% in the last two years. I'm just not going to be getting wood over something priced like it was two years, two months(?), ago, and called "BLACK FRIDY SALE- SALE-SALE!!!"

Edit: IF, I were just getting into the hobby we're discussing I'd probably be happy with Black Friday prices on loading equipment.

Do you think that will make some difference? I know Black Friday hasn't really meant anything to the wife and I for the last couple of years. Maybe we're weird, not always upgrading something that still works fine. Also, the crazy FED will keep upping the interest rates if people keep buying no matter the price. I'm sick of hearing our retirement lose every time the FED farts (talks about raising interest rates). Like today. Again!

Then there's the fact that every thing has gone up from 30%-100% in the last two years. I'm just not going to be getting wood over something priced like it was two years, two months(?), ago, and called "BLACK FRIDY SALE- SALE-SALE!!!"
I have not paid attention to the "Black Friday" stuff for a very long time either. One "up side" for us if there is one. The supply chain that was so badly screwed is now going the other way with a lot of stuff. The interest rates going up and the easy to see coming crash has now left a lot of stuff in limbo. Retailers with things coming in they do not know what to do with. So some place like BiMart may have some good deals. The finally built one of those here but its far enough away that I have not bothered to see it yet. It did get me to look at their weekly ad's a few times though. Kind of scary. Looks like if they put one close to me it would be hard for me. Sure looks like the kind of place I would go into for some ammo and walk out with a cart full of stuff I suddenly found I "needed". :D

If your just starting and have nothing. And you're "Serious as a heart attack" of rolling your own? Here's how I started and do not have one regret about the money laid out. Every item is useful and necessary if you go on to load hand gun and long gun rounds.

If you progress with the hobby/habit, there will be more as you go. The classifieds here are a good place to get things you need. Some members might even take pity on a newb and let go of some of the more difficult to source stuff.
I am with @Mikej and @Alexx1401 , punching your own rounds is lower cost but most importantly you can load what you want vrs. hold your hat in hand and tell the dude behind the ammo counter "thank you sir may I have another".

What 9mm SUBs? load them up. Want 300BLK Supers and Subs? done. Heck two yrs ago I picked up a Desert Eagle no one would buy since there was no ammo for it. But dies were. Projectiles were, Brass were all available. And as a good little stock'em deep when their cheap reloader I had plenty of primers and powder to make it all go boom.

I am with @Mikej and @Alexx1401 , punching your own rounds is lower cost but most importantly you can load what you want vrs. hold your hat in hand and tell the dude behind the ammo counter "thank you sir may I have another".

What 9mm SUBs? load them up. Want 300BLK Supers and Subs? done. Heck two yrs ago I picked up a Desert Eagle no one would buy since there was no ammo for it. But dies were. Projectiles were, Brass were all available. And as a good little stock'em deep when their cheap reloader I had plenty of primers and powder to make it all go boom.
This is what originally got me to learn to roll my own. Lack of ammo I wanted. Bought a little 5 shooter in .44. At that time us mortals could not order ammo and Al had not invented the net. Only .44 ammo I could find was one RNL load and even that was often hard to find in shops. So bought the first kit and now all of a sudden I could make what I wanted and found it was fun. Even though I have not rolled for a while its sure as hell nice to know the stuff is sitting there if we get another panic going and I can't buy what I want.

To add: If you change your mind, you paid to play, sell it all off piece by piece.

This is what originally got me to learn to roll my own. Lack of ammo I wanted. Bought a little 5 shooter in .44. At that time us mortals could not order ammo and Al had not invented the net. Only .44 ammo I could find was one RNL load and even that was often hard to find in shops. So bought the first kit and now all of a sudden I could make what I wanted and found it was fun. Even though I have not rolled for a while its sure as hell nice to know the stuff is sitting there if we get another panic going and I can't buy what I want.
I dove into the pool 1 year before Sandy Hook. Because it seemed dumb to me to be spending $30.00-$40.00 for an hour and a half at the range. :D

Edit to add: Just finished up 100 rounds of .30-30 for the Winchester 94! I really saved money on those, considering the times.

To add: If you change your mind, you paid to play, sell it all off piece by piece.
Agreed. Always part of my "Cost" to get into reloading argument. Buy quality gear and it just holds value, your $ is not gone when you buy it. Its just in the shape of a reloading press. When the day comes to pop smoke and get out, it all sells. Every upgrade have done with my Dillon presses have been MORE than I paid for them originally. So $500 "cost" for a press, you still have your $500. But it helps you save and load your own ammo too.

Last 2 years have been very bad for buying ammo, that's true. I suppose I was thinking back 3 years ago when federal did their box o' ammo sale and had a rebate. My mistake :)
We have these great panics every so often. This last one was in my memory probably the worst for how long it lasted. Every time we have one though it runs the same course. Ammo is not really "gone". Its like everything when there is a "shortage". Its there if you want to pay enough. Now that this one is finally coming to an end we just got a double hit, inflation. Every other time the pipe line would fill and price would drop back to "normal. The sad part this time is there is a new normal now. Price of everything that goes into making the stuff has shot up along with the cost of transporting it. So "normal" will not look like it was before this panic got set off sadly.
What will not change is everyone who shoots should know how to roll and keep supplies for the stuff they want to shoot. Supplies stored well never go "bad". Panics come and go but they always seem to come around again.

The sad part this time is there is a new normal now. Price of everything that goes into making the stuff has shot up along with the cost of transporting it. So "normal" will not look like it was before this panic got set off sadly.
Yeah. For everything it would seem. So much for more-affordable anything for the masses huh? Maybe the minimum wage should be raised by $15.00? That'd take care of the problem. o_O

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top