JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First off make sure you are aware of what the going rates for ammo are. Depending on what you want 9mm remanufactured is going for around $260 a case after tax. Regular factory around $320 after tax. Look for people posting here on the boards as you first line. occasionally there are some good solid deals.
Ammoseek.com is another good place to look for ammo.

Edit to add: Probably will find JHP here on the boards for cheaper than online. Prices can vary widely for JHP so do your homework and also, find out what your firearm prefers before you go and buy a whole bunch of something. You have done that right?

For several years my go to place has been SGammo.com. I buy my practice ammo by the case. When I need some carry ammo I will just toss some on next order.
They were a great source up until the pandemic. since them other than some specialty stuff his prices are way above the going rate. Lately they are closer but still more than I can find for regular stuff elsewhere.
If I'm looking for surplus sgammo is one of the go-to locations as he will usually have something no one else has. I hope they go back to being more competitive soon.

They were a great source up until the pandemic. since them other than some specialty stuff his prices are way above the going rate. Lately they are closer but still more than I can find for regular stuff elsewhere.
If I'm looking for surplus sgammo is one of the go-to locations as he will usually have something no one else has. I hope they go back to being more competitive soon.
I now and then will quickly look around, always just end up going back to order from them. I have long been willing to pay a little more though for the ease of having the stuff brought to my door. If they ever build a BiMart in my town now that might get me to go to a store for ammo again. Now and then I look at their ads and the damn place looks like it would be great to have one close by. Looks like the kind of place I would walk into looking to buy a case of ammo and end up walking out with a lot of other things I suddenly found I "needed" :s0140:

I haven't bought any ammo since the pandemic. I was fortunate enough to stack it deep when it was cheap. A lot of that came from SGammo. I haven't been to their site in a long time. It is a shame they're not what they used to be.

I haven't bought any ammo since the pandemic. I was fortunate enough to stack it deep when it was cheap. A lot of that came from SGammo. I haven't been to their site in a long time. It is a shame they're not what they used to be.
Yup.....when It was cheap. I did the same thing. Back then......I figured "WHY reload 9mm?"

Nowadays......I have the empty shell cases. Prices are up. So, I'm reloading.

In the LONG RUN.......IMHO.......it's best to (have a Plan B) reload your own ammo. Especially if you're on a limited budget or just CHEAP like me. And, don't forget to stock up on ammo and components when it's economically feasible.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......

AmmoSeek is your friend.

With a newer firearm I typically buy a box of multiple types locally to find out what it likes to eat, but after that... ammoseek (and similiar) and online in bulk purchases is almost impossible to beat locally. There are some exceptions though if you are the type that buys whatever is the cheapest you can find... no matter the quality/accuracy... you just wanna bang paper.

I tend to stick with higher quality training ammo that isn't always available locally or at prices that can compete with online bulk buys. SD ammo... the disparity is typically much greater and stacking it in any quantity locally can be quite painful.

It depends though if you stack it deep (online being the better option) vs. just a couple boxes here and there.. where local buy doesn't sting so much.

Sgammo I my go to online. They often have free shipping on orders over 200. I prefer to buy bulk. Adaptive firing solutions is the ffl I like locally. NW Armory has had good deals on bulk 9mm in the past, but not sure now.

In the LONG RUN.......IMHO.......it's best to (have a Plan B) reload your own ammo. Especially if you're on a limited budget or just CHEAP like me. And, don't forget to stock up on ammo and components when it's economically feasible.
I call it "Frugal". ;) To your face anyway. :D

When I started reloading in late 2011 people told me they didn't bother loading 9mm. Free brass is free! I wasn't going to listen. $5.00 saved is still $5.00 saved! No one laughs now.

CHEERS Mark! :s0090:

I buy my ammo from the past, when they almost couldn't GIVE ammo away. Now that I'm in the future, I thank my past-self everyday for the great buys, and I say, "you're welcome!"

;) :D
Last time we moved the movers did not want to handle the guns or ammo. So one older kid was giving me a hand and I could see the looks on his face as we were packing cases of ammo out to the truck. He finally asked, I guess worried I had gone around the bend and would soon be wearing a foil hat. I picked up a box of 9, said when I bought this is was around $8 a box. Right now if you can even find it for sale they want $50 for it. He was shocked. I said when I shuffle off there will no doubt be a lot of this left behind. I said they manage to get one of these panics going every so many years. So if you don't want to shoot it sit on it and pay attention. Sooner or later they will create another panic shortage and you can sell it. :D

I call it "Frugal". ;) To your face anyway. :D

When I started reloading in late 2011 people told me they didn't bother loading 9mm. Free brass is free! I wasn't going to listen. $5.00 saved is still $5.00 saved! No one laughs now.

CHEERS Mark! :s0090:
I was for a good while giving away my 9mm brass as I have a LOT of it and do not roll any more. Just had enough set aside in case I ever had to. While back I started keeping it again just because the damn price of scrap was going so insane I could not bring myself to give it away any more:eek:

I was for a good while giving away my 9mm brass as I have a LOT of it and do not roll any more. Just had enough set aside in case I ever had to. While back I started keeping it again just because the damn price of scrap was going so insane I could not bring myself to give it away any more:eek:
You loading your own again?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads