JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You loading your own again?
No not yet. Bought another case of 9 for $300 bit ago. Really did not need it yet but tend to want to keep a good supply. Even at that price I don''t make time to roll. Just too many other things going on with the worker shortage. If they do manage to get a decent crash going here that would be the one upside. We should finally be able to fill open positions again so I can take some damn time off 🤬

I now and then will quickly look around, always just end up going back to order from them. I have long been willing to pay a little more though for the ease of having the stuff brought to my door. If they ever build a BiMart in my town now that might get me to go to a store for ammo again. Now and then I look at their ads and the damn place looks like it would be great to have one close by. Looks like the kind of place I would walk into looking to buy a case of ammo and end up walking out with a lot of other things I suddenly found I "needed" :s0140:
Considering that Bi-Mart refuses to publicly say anything negative about measure 114, don't think I'll be going there again for any reason in the future.

people told me they didn't bother loading 9mm
Yep - I never really understood this but to each his own.

I have always considered reloading a hobby, an extension of my shooting interests and have always enjoyed doing it.

I have also read/heard about those who 'didn't bother' also didn't bother to stock up on either ammo or components and had nothing to shoot - or reload.

Yep - I never really understood this but to each his own.

I have always considered reloading a hobby, an extension of my shooting interests and have always enjoyed doing it.

I have also read/heard about those who 'didn't bother' also didn't bother to stock up on either ammo or components and had nothing to shoot - or reload.
I'd just started loading in late 2011. When Sandy Hook came along, I learned!

....I figured "WHY reload 9mm?"
We used to see threads here and on other forums posing this question. My sense of pre-Covid era, many people thought this way. I've reloaded 9mm for decades, sometimes wondered why. I still do but don't shoot all that much these days. When ammo dries up, it's good to be able to so long as you can find the components. I had a lot of older stuff around, just waiting for when I got the time, energy and reason to put it together as finished cartridges. Not as much of it around now, since I banked up some 9mm reloads lately. I've given several hundred rounds of my reloads away to an ammo impoverished shooter I know.

Palmetto had CCI 9mm 115 for $299, and I think their ammo was about the same with free shipping if you bought 5 boxes of the 50. A local place is doing $275 cash out the door on 9mm.
It's currently going the right way.

I call it "Frugal". ;) To your face anyway. :D

When I started reloading in late 2011 people told me they didn't bother loading 9mm. Free brass is free! I wasn't going to listen. $5.00 saved is still $5.00 saved! No one laughs now.

CHEERS Mark! :s0090:
I am super new to this, but if there is a tutorial you like, I love to read about it :)

I went to The Place to Shoot - they said they do not allow remanufactured/reloaded stuff, but I will double check.
I think I would find a better place to shoot!
They are basically saying they only want new brass so they can sell it to the reloaders. Cheapskates. Nothing wrong with remanufactures there are usually 6 to 10 reloads for most brass. This stuff looks brand new so unless you knew it was reman you would likely never know. Looking through a bunch they would see the various headstamps but that is probably the only way to know. Some of these ranges are so into money making they won't let you shoot steel-cased or aluminum-cased ammo. (not so true this time around) but steel used to be a good way to get some range time for cheap.

I am super new to this, but if there is a tutorial you like, I love to read about it :)
Find someone near you from this board and go over to reload some with them. It's not super hard but does take someone who will pay attention to what they are doing. There is tons of info online and picking up a used reloading manual from someone is one of the better ways to start.
I have a spare from an estate I could bring when I am down there. if a week or two or mail it. But likely there is someone here with an extra you can borrow.

This looks nice but too lazy to create an account to determine shipping cost. Anyone know shipping to PDX average?
shipping is $29 a case. So call it $330 delivered which means you are paying to much.
My cost for CC blazer 124gr or 115gr is currently $305.20 including tax and shipping.

SuperVel has 9mm 115gr for $255.50 with Shipping and tax included.
It is remanufactured but so far make for great range ammo. Nothing special but shoots fine and cheap to shoot.

https://supervelammunition.com/certified-select-9mm-luger-115-gr-fmj
I came here to recommend SuperVel as well. Their ammo has been great for me, and they've gone out of their way to not gouge during the pandemic when everyone else was. They've also been LOWERING their prices lately when everyone else is increasing them. Not to mention they offer a BYOP(Bring your own primer) program allowing you to get loaded ammo when components were not easy to come by. 10/10 would recommend doing business with them if you can't find what you need at a LGS.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top