JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah. For everything it would seem. So much for more-affordable anything for the masses huh? Maybe the minimum wage should be raised by $15.00? That'd take care of the problem. o_O
Everyone gets to vote next week. We shall see if people have had enough yet. I keep hoping they have but, Americans seem to have an amazing ability to stand in a pile of crap and say they see nothing wrong :(

shipping is $29 a case. So call it $330 delivered which means you are paying to much.
My cost for CC blazer 124gr or 115gr is currently $305.20 including tax and shipping.
I dove into the pool 1 year before Sandy Hook. Because it seemed dumb to me to be spending $30.00-$40.00 for an hour and a half at the range. :D

Edit to add: Just finished up 100 rounds of .30-30 for the Winchester 94! I really saved money on those, considering the times.
How long did it take you?
ps. @coltemp sorry you are quoted, not sure how to get rid of it lol.

for 100 rounds - just curious of the time commitment for reloading :)
Well that's tough to come up with a number. I do it in stages. Your fired brass needs to be cleaned. Then sized/primer removed, simultaneously. Unless you size/de-prime before cleaning. Then there might be trimming of the brass as it lengthens when firing rifle rounds. In my case, after that, it gets put away and labeled RTL (ready to load). When you go to load, you prime cases, drop the powder in the cases, press the bullets in to an exact length and crimp if needed.

Those .30-30 rounds get a separate roll crimp because they are used in a gun where the live rounds are in a tube magazine and the roll crimp keeps the bullet from sinking deeper into the case.

Once cases were primed and ready to roll, I probably had an hour, hour and a half?
I tend to take my time. It's a pretty serious endeavor to me. I do a lot of inspecting and measuring to make sure the over all length (OAL/COAL) is correct and there are no flaws in the brass. And I measure powder with a trickler to an exact weight when using certain powders.

As Mikej mentioned its going to be hard to give a number for this. A lot depends on the equipment you buy. A lot depends on how you use it. If you want to spend the money to get a progressive they are WAY faster. There is a learning curve with them but once you get the hang of one they are a LOT faster. Sure there has to be a ton of video's of them being used on places like youtube.
I have from the beginning done the "batch" load. One time I sit down and resize a batch. Next I will prime a batch. Have come to prefer the hand version of this as I can do it anywhere. When ready to make rounds last step is sit and put powder and round in the cases. This step is the one I do not allow distraction during. Charging the cases. If there is ever a big problem this is where it will happen. Like double charging a case or using the wrong powder.
Now I have LONG used a 4th step, a Lee Factory Crimp die. Many do not bother so this is a matter of choice. Worth it to me but many do not.
Another is cleaning. Sometimes I still clean cases but again this is not "needed". When I do I toss a batch in, turn the thing on in another room or garage or such and let it do its thing. The only thing I recommend against is those tools made by Lee to load without a press. They work but are so slow that its rare to see anyone stick with one.

I tend to buy my ammo in bulk. I find it's usually cheaper and generally has free shipping. My standby is SG Ammo, but if I see a deal somewhere else I'll grab it.

This step is the one I do not allow distraction during. Charging the cases. If there is ever a big problem this is where it will happen. Like double charging a case or using the wrong powder.
Have you ever got to loading and found you skipped the primer seating stage? asking for a friend.

For several years my go to place has been SGammo.com. I buy my practice ammo by the case. When I need some carry ammo I will just toss some on next order.
Same here! Prices are typically really good, service is great. It ships when they say it will on the front page of their website...even during the craziness of Covid it was accurate.

Have you ever got to loading and found you skipped the primer seating stage? asking for a friend.
Not yet. I did have ONE time I managed to load one with no powder when I first was getting going. Had couple VERY young kids then. Was loading in one corner of our bedroom and often doing other things. That one scared me enough that I only did the charging if I was able to have no interruptions. Also took to using loading blocks to charge the cases with a measure. Load a block full and then hold it under a light so I could easily see inside them all. Couple people I have known were big on some of the powders that would squeak the most shots per pound and I avoided this for the same reason. Always have used powder that if I did double charge one its impossible to not see it.

IN STOCK $14.59
9MM LUGER – 115 GR – FMJ – NORMA RANGE & TRAINING- QTY 50

Free shipping.

For those of you who pick up and process range brass like I do, beware that some of the Norma brass have small flash holes that will break or bend your decapping dies. Ask me how I know…

For those of you who pick up and process range brass like I do, beware that some of the Norma brass have small flash holes that will break or bend your decapping dies. Ask me how I know…
Norma can also have tight primer pockets. With the smaller flash holes, I found some stronger pins at Squirrel Daddy. There's a reason the decapping pin is in a collet! :rolleyes:

Now you see why I am so anal about sorting by headstamps, I always used to do it with 223/556 but not until a year ago when I got into 9mm loading.
It just adds another regimen incorporated into my sequence, no big deal because I'm retired with a little more time on my hands. :D

Now you see why I am so anal about sorting by headstamps, I always used to do it with 223/556 but not until a year ago when I got into 9mm loading.
It just adds another regimen incorporated into my sequence, no big deal because I'm retired with a little more time on my hands. :D
Yeah, I know you've had all that brass from the outdoor range(s) you've policed for, all the years I've known you I think? That means all different brands/makes of 9mm brass. Among other calibers. I miss the days of brass laying everywhere. I only started loading in late 2011. Brass in the wild started it's decline shortly after sandy Hook.

For me it's not a set time. Reloading is just an extension of going to the range. Just like what @Mikej and @Alexx1401 have shared it's a process that usually is not just done all at once. It helps if you enjoy it. I do. I enjoy the precision and the goal of better than new cartridges that run in all my guns and are incredibly accurate.

Started age 18:
I started with a single stage RCBS Rock Chucker press bolted to a board I would C clamp to my desk at OSU. I cleaned brass in a small Lyman 1200 vibrtory cleaner. I would always be cleaning brass, then decapping, resizing and priming. Then store my prepped and primed cases to be loaded as needed. All loading was single stage and only 9mm. Everything was simple. I made mistakes and learned.

Now 34yrs later:
Still learning. For me 9mm shooting and reloading = lots of brass. I like to process brass in large batches, then pull from that processed brass over the coming months. For me I use automation to help with this and have dedicated stations set up just for brass processing. I will run 40,000k cases of 9mm or so at a time. Once fully processed, general head stamp sorting and QC done, they go in to marked bins. This allows me to run 20k of Suppers then 20k of subs in 9mm. I shoot from that supply building up my spent brass to repeat the process. I probably have about 60k of 9mm cases. But I have been collecting/buying it for 34yrs.

Example of automation: How I separate stainless steel chips. I have since added a recirculating water system that sprays the cases to help aid chip evacuation :

For me it's not a set time. Reloading is just an extension of going to the range. Just like what @Mikej and @Alexx1401 have shared it's a process that usually is not just done all at once. It helps if you enjoy it. I do. I enjoy the precision and the goal of better than new cartridges that run in all my guns and are incredibly accurate.

Started age 18:
I started with a single stage RCBS Rock Chucker press bolted to a board I would C clamp to my desk at OSU. I cleaned brass in a small Lyman 1200 vibrtory cleaner. I would always be cleaning brass, then decapping, resizing and priming. Then store my prepped and primed cases to be loaded as needed. All loading was single stage and only 9mm. Everything was simple. I made mistakes and learned.

Now 34yrs later:
Still learning. For me 9mm shooting and reloading = lots of brass. I like to process brass in large batches, then pull from that processed brass over the coming months. For me I use automation to help with this and have dedicated stations set up just for brass processing. I will run 40,000k cases of 9mm or so at a time. Once fully processed, general head stamp sorting and QC done, they go in to marked bins. This allows me to run 20k of Suppers then 20k of subs in 9mm. I shoot from that supply building up my spent brass to repeat the process. I probably have about 60k of 9mm cases. But I have been collecting/buying it for 34yrs.

Example of automation: How I separate stainless steel chips. I have since added a recirculating water system that sprays the cases to help aid chip evacuation :
Now THAT ^^^^^ is a serious re-loader my friends!!! :s0116:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top