JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@daropowlison doesn't seem to be having much trouble finding buyers. His success demonstrates that if items are priced right and the seller is flexible with meet ups, that buyer's can still be separated from their limited cash.

This one is out of my league price wise but looks awesome. I expect he'll find a buyer soon.

He could have even more success if he were willing to travel further. His price is reasonable but people from Eugene/Springfield probably aren't willing to drive to canby for a rifle

Bro , do you even Mosin?
1708439611135.png

Cool, you overpaid, now what's it actually worth?
Whatever it sells for.

We're told our whole lives that "guns are an investment" - no one wants to lose 30% or more on their "investment", so while bargain hunters may want to see low prices, sellers certainly don't.

Some sellers aren't in a hurry to sell, either, but are more "eh, not really needing to sell this thing, but if it does, here's what I'd want for it"... just as some buyers have a similar mindset: "I don't really need this thing, but I'll pay this much for it", etc.

There's a certain subset of vultures who hang around, circling the classifieds, waiting to pounce on someone desperate to sell because of dire circumstances, and then patting themselves on the back for getting a "good deal." IMO, this is nothing to be proud about, but I'm sure other people have differing views on this.

I'm in no way pointing fingers or suggesting that specifically you or anyone else in particular does this, but I think we all know it happens.

Whatever it sells for.

We're told our whole lives that "guns are an investment" - no one wants to lose 30% or more on their "investment", so while bargain hunters may want to see low prices, sellers certainly don't.

Some sellers aren't in a hurry to sell, either, but are more "eh, not really needing to sell this thing, but if it does, here's what I'd want for it"... just as some buyers have a similar mindset: "I don't really need this thing, but I'll pay this much for it", etc.

There's a certain subset of vultures who hang around, circling the classifieds, waiting to pounce on someone desperate to sell because of dire circumstances, and then patting themselves on the back for getting a "good deal." IMO, this is nothing to be proud about, but I'm sure other people have differing views on this.

I'm in no way pointing fingers or suggesting that specifically you or anyone else in particular does this, but I think we all know it happens.
I am going to say that guns are not a good investment. Sure some sellers probably get lucky here and there but most likely don't.

Buyer's want to see lower prices. Seller's want to see higher prices. The result is stagnant sales like we have seen lately. If somebody really wants to sell, they will price the item to sell. If somebody really wants to buy they will pay the price necessary to buy.

It seems to me there are many more people really wanting to sell than there are buyers really wanting to buy. This means selling prices will have to be lower. If the sellers hold out long enough the priced to sell items will get snapped up and the buyers will have to pay more.

He could have even more success if he were willing to travel further. His price is reasonable but people from Eugene/Springfield probably aren't willing to drive to canby for a rifle
Well maybe they should be? Zip on up the freeway and take 99W back home! Some beautiful countryside out there. Heck, were going on an oyster run and going to make a loop and sell a magazine in Astoria! It's not like they need to come into potland for a buy/sell. (Shudder)

Well maybe they should be? Zip on up the freeway and take 99W back home! Some beautiful countryside out there. Heck, were going on an oyster run and going to make a loop and sell a magazine in Astoria! It's not like they need to come into potland for a buy/sell. (Shudder)
They could also arrange multiple deals to make the drive more worthwhile. I drove to Eugene/Springfield area to buy a rifle once and I had to make a second trip to pick it up. We hit the Springfield Grocery Outlet in a sketchy part of town which made the whole trip worthwhile :)

Last Edited:
They could also arrange multiple deals to make the drive more worthwhile. I drove to Eugene/Springfield area to buy a rifle once and I had to make a second trip to pick it up. We hit the Springfield Grocery Outlet in a sketchy part of town which made the whole trip worthwhile :)
We drove to Eugene once to buy a no-dash S&W 686! To meet a good member of the forum. Wifey and I made a two-dayer out if it, with a motel and a nice Cottage Grove Mexican dinner. GOOD Time!

We always make an adventure out of it just like @Mikej describes. Half the fun is getting there for the purchase. We have met some darn good people buying and selling. Yes adds to the cost but it is worth it.
I am sure I will get flamed but there is a lot of "Not worth a hoot if I have it but it is gold if you have it. Cars or guns are all the same. Once was trying to sell a baby stroller, lady called and offered half price. I said no. She said are you the 2nd owner? I said yes. She said it should be half price. I politely asked her to call me when she sells her house. She hung up. The stoller sold the next day at full price.

Some times I just don't know what I really want.
So I just stop purchasing stuff just for the having of new stuff.
I have several that I haven't even shot yet.

But that doesn't stop me from looking...

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top