JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Where has the best price on them ?
I found mine on eBay .
But the price is all over the place.
Depends on the gun and there actually is two different kinds of Sights.
One set both front and back sights glow.
The cheapest set only the front sight glows .
Depends on the gun but the price is from 98 bucks up to 140 bucks.
Check out Amazon also

I found mine on eBay .
But the price is all over the place.
Depends on the gun and there actually is two different kinds of Sights.
One set both front and back sights glow.
The cheapest set only the front sight glows .
Depends on the gun but the price is from 98 bucks up to 140 bucks.
Check out Amazon also

Or you can buy direct. They are in Texas... seems like it's a small biz... the guy is very nice and is helpful.

BTW, I bought the set where neither the front nor the back glows. They have them in different height sets too. A taller sight is better for one handed emergency racking. I still prefer the lowest sights tho.

IOM, Have you considered using a supplement for eye health? Not a specific answer to the original question, but may be helpful in the long run.

I suggested this to the OP in a convo. Preser AREDS2 are what I have been taking twice a day for 4 years, should have been eating green leafy vegetables all my life.
I too have MD in my lineage, saw my Dad go through it. At 70 he stopped all shooting. :(

Express sights seems like a pretty good solution. I like the sights on Steyr pistols too.
I was diagnosed with cataracts a while back. Corrective surgery took me from Mr. Magoo to Top Gun level eyesight in 2 easy sessions.

Last Edited:
So what I did with my Glock 19 X.
I bought the set that only the front sight glows.
But I didn't really like the rear sight.
So I had a set of Strike industry sights.
So I used that rear sight.
It's a Deep v tall rear sight.
With a sharp edge so if you had to you can rack the slide on your belt or pants pocket.
It works pretty good. IMG_20190402_113800.jpg IMG_20190402_113813.jpg IMG_20190402_113848.jpg IMG_20190402_113854.jpg

We were taught to point the fingers and shoot where you point. It worked for me as long as I had a semi-auto pistol to do it with.
My step dad was a cop in the old days.
Used a revolver.
He shot with his index finger pointing along the side of the gun and used his middle finger to pull the trigger .
Lol long time ago

We, (and I) were taught point shooting with the handgun within a certain very known close range. Point and shoot. Not target shooting. An extension of your first finger. Not taught today? Very fast. No aiming or aligning with the sites. Also consider a handgun that can be pushed up against the target and still fired. My SA XD T 45 5" ATS allows this. The slide does not retract. So does my OLD Charter Arms .44 Special Bull Dog 3" revolver. Shove or ram the pistol/revolver hard against the ribs, skull, or chest and squeeze 5 times.

I hope I never have to do this. My eyes are going quickly also. Might be time to downsize a lot. A bummer. :( Three sets of eye glasses now. :(

Last Edited:
We, (and I) were taught point shooting with the handgun within a certain very known close range. Point and shoot. Not target shooting. An extension of your first finger. Not taught today? Very fast. No aiming or aligning with the sites. Also consider a handgun that can be pushed up against the target and still fired. My SA XD T 45 5" ATS allows this. The slide does not retract. So does my OLD Charter Arms .44 Special Bull Dog 3" revolver. Shove or ram the pistol/revolver hard against the ribs, skull, or chest and squeeze 5 times.

I hope I never have to do this. My eyes are going quickly also. Might be time to downsize a lot. A bummer. :( Three sets of eye glasses now. :(
There is a video from Taran tactical.
On YouTube of him doing the point and shoot thing from the hip .
But that guy is .
Not like everyone else.
He has some sort crazy skills.

I am old and so are my eyes. My bedside gun has a flashlight and laser on it. The flashlight lets me identify my target and I know the shot will go where the red dot is. If I just got woke up to a bump in the night, this will work much better for me than trying to see the sights. It is also much faster.
Of course, this is just my theory and I hope I never need to test it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top