JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unfortunately I think that's a very real possibility. A couple years ago an acquaintance of mine told me that his girlfriend was a politically active leftist, with serious connections at high levels in Salem.

Take this with a grain of salt (like any internet rumor), but she told him that they had battle plans drawn up, laws drafted and teams of lawyers ready to go, just waiting for the right tragedy as the go trigger. Another mass shooting somewhere, and they are ready to roll with every gun control law imaginable.
That's hardly shocking. I'm sure Schumer, Everytown, the Bradys et al have their own plans, waiting for the right "opportunity"

Dang internet needs an EMP..
They tried to do that Christmas day, but everyone chickened out except the guy in Nashville.

Wasn't a reloader then, so I don't know what the components looked like.
Varget was pure gold.
Primers were sold by the sleeve of 100.
Because of fights between customers ( and probably shoplifters ) places like Sportsman's would put a laminated list of powder on hand and go in back to get it.
Hoarders/scalpers snatched all the 22LR for years.

There is nothing wrong with that. I easily burn hundreds of rounds in a session and always enjoy letting new people try something. The difference is I do not roll my own 9mm any more as it's too cheap for me to bother. I do have some 5 gal buckets of all the stuff as a just in case. Probably will die and leave it to kids to dispose of. If one of these goes long enough I can just roll more. If it gets to that I will replace the stuff I used back to the buckets. Supplies are cheap, will outlive me if I do not use them. Most do not do this. They ignore the stuff when shelves are full. Then when another panic hits and there is none to buy unless you want to pay insane prices they are out of luck. As soon as that panic is over they go back to sleep. Next panic it starts all over again. Kind of amazing to watch it keep happening. :s0092:
You don't need 5 gallon buckets of 9mm brass to reload. Back when I was a kid, my "batch" was like 100.. that I shot and then reloaded like 10-15 times or so.. and then repeat with some new brass.

You don't need 5 gallon buckets of 9mm brass to reload. Back when I was a kid, my "batch" was like 100.. that I shot and then reloaded like 10-15 times or so.. and then repeat with some new brass.
I recently unpacked from my move, returning to rural OR, and among the things I'd never unboxed was some once fired brass from 2018 and 2019. The seller had included 1000 here and 500 there of "free" 9mm brass for being a reliable customer or somesuch, along with the 300BLK and whatnot I'd purchased.

Probably made more sense back then.

It's probably "over kill" on my part but I have never rolled 9s until the brass gives. Since it's a higher pressure round it made me leery. When I was still rolling it I would keep brass, load it twice. After that second time it was left at the range. No doubt a few missed the cull and made it again as I was not over the top careful but just did not want to roll it till it split like I do with .45 . Hence the 5g bucket of brass in that caliber. When I still rolled .40 I only rolled it one time and left it. Did have a .40 round blow out twice. Both times they were commercial reloads and no damage. Did not know till I went to police the brass and found the blown out ones. Scared me from buying any more of that. When I was rolling .223 I never needed to trim it. That too as soon as it stretched enough to need a trim was scrap. 45. That brass I roll again and again until the mouth gives out. One of the storage buckets is .45 but it's got other stuff in it too. Maybe half full of brass which is a hell of a lot then on top is primers. Another bucket boxes of slugs with the top off powder as if I filled it with slugs it would be a bubblegum to pick up :D
As I have often said I am sure the stuff I have back there will be there when I shuffle off and the kids can deal with it. None of them roll so I am sure they will probably toss or give it away. I have told them if they wait till another panic is on the stuff would be worth real cash. Whether they will do this or not? Who knows. After I am gone what the hell do I care:D
In the mean time it takes up little space in the garage so matters not and I like having it there. Of course if we ever moved to someplace small and did not have lots of room? No doubt some of that would get culled to make space.
Many of course would think me wasteful in how I do this and I am sure it is. Stuff is just so cheap I would rather just toss it, often this means giving it away to others who know it's been re loaded but still want it.

I have seen a couple vids of ammo companies saying they are making as much as they possibly can. They show CEOs in plaid shirts walking by literally hundreds not thousands or tens of thousands of cases and one of a cart being loaded with 50 round boxes. Maybe 2000 rounds in that cart maybe the equivalent in empty boxes. I call BS based almost solely on the ammo companies protesting too much. Let's see who could they sell to and get a kickback from, well not me. hmmm what entity has that kind of money, what entity has agencies that are not constitutional and yet have gun carrying "powers" that exceed ours and who likely are immune from liability of any sort? Couple months ago was talking to guy who claimed to be a distributor, he said the bottleneck is upstream from him by quite a bit so ........?

I have seen a couple vids of ammo companies saying they are making as much as they possibly can. They show CEOs in plaid shirts walking by literally hundreds not thousands or tens of thousands of cases and one of a cart being loaded with 50 round boxes. Maybe 2000 rounds in that cart maybe the equivalent in empty boxes. I call BS based almost solely on the ammo companies protesting too much. Let's see who could they sell to and get a kickback from, well not me. hmmm what entity has that kind of money, what entity has agencies that are not constitutional and yet have gun carrying "powers" that exceed ours and who likely are immune from liability of any sort? Couple months ago was talking to guy who claimed to be a distributor, he said the bottleneck is upstream from him by quite a bit so ........?
I disagree. Why would they not be trying to maximize their sales and profits?
How are their lead, copper and brass suppliers holding up? Are the upstream providers coming through or are they a chokepoint?
How are their powder suppliers doing?
What can the ammo manufacturers do?
Adding new ammunition machinery is expensive and risky, will future demand warrant these expenses or will they become a bust if/when the ammo situation stabilizes? Add a shift? Then what do you do with those employees if/when ammo demand drops? They, like any other business does a balancing act. This was the problem they faced in the last ammo crunch and that was without a million or so new gun buyers or Covid in the mix.

I think they are doing the best they can.

How are their lead, copper and brass suppliers holding up? Are the upstream providers coming through or are they a chokepoint?
Adding new ammunition machinery is expensive and risky, will future demand warrant these expenses or will they become a bust if/when the ammo situation stabilizes? Add a shift? Then what do you do with those employees if/when ammo demand drops? They, like any other business does a balancing act. This was the problem they faced in the last ammo crunch and that was without a million or so new gun buyers or Covid in the mix.

Who said they weren't selling them, I am sure that they are just not to the peasants.

Make that 7 million new gun owners - from what I have read.

Not buying it. Supply and demand. Same type of cycle happened a few years back during the obummer administration.
This happens at every panic. Many are never going to listen to facts because they don't want to hear it :s0092:
Many just have no grasp of what it takes to build a new or enlarge an existing plant to make the stuff is short supply. It take a good while, it takes a HUGE amount of cash, then right after they got it up and running the sales would drop because the pipe line would fill. So then they have to lay off the workers who they hired and pay taxes on the place that sit idle. The people who get mad and insist this is some kind of conspiracy are the same people who ignored this stuff when the shelves were full and it was on sale weekly. When this one is over the same people will again ignore it until another panic hits.:s0092:

And none of them can find ammo either. Going somewhere, highest bidder.
I think you don't know just how many people are vying for ammo. 7 million new gun owners that's over and above the tens of millions of existing shooters who want their ammo too. Go by a BiMart on ammo day and see how big the line is out front before they open. Before they started rationing I saw people buy everything on the shelf in one swoop. 2020 has been the weirdest year ever with Covid shutdowns, election tensions and riots in major cities every night for months. We've seen a total failure of leadership in dealing with those riots and actions to defund and demoralize law enforcement.
ALL of these things have led to more and more people seeing that they are on their own and the one effective way to protect themselves is with a gun. And guns need ammo. Now add a senile president elect who wants to put a drunk driver in charge of taking people's guns away from them and that only adds to the frenzy of ammo buying.
At some point this frenzy will burn out and some sort of normalcy will return and shelves will be stocked with reasonably priced ammo.
These shortages have happened before, and they will happen again. Its no big conspiracy.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top