JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One way to think about it is if a 25 cent primer is going in a $2 cartridge, the price might not seem so awful versus sticking that same 25 cent primer in a 9mm cartridge.

No, that doesn't help justify it. Seems like that would like be justifying $50/quart oil in more expensive car. Sure, the relative cost might be the same but the oil isn't worth that cost regardless of what car it goes in.

I'm well stocked on oil too, could go years of changes before needing to buy more.

Me too, so people like us were PREPARED. I have extra oil filters, Seafoam, coolant as well as extra mounted tires and such. Sorry, truly if others were not paying attention to the ammo/components thing and BTW my few small sales are NOT gouging, I'm trying to be fair and most of my stuff is negotiable trades but since I was smarter than the average bear and stocked up with foresight, and since some folks need a few rounds or primers, guys like me are actually providing a service at below market rates. Think of us as small merchants with stock when the big guys are sold out :cool:

Forgot to add that the Sportsmans employee told me they are starting to announce on their facebook page when primers and ammo are going to be stocked on shelves. I don't do facebook but I was able to view this with out a facebook acct. Here is an example of announcement from Jan 20th:

View attachment 813779

82nd store page: https://m.facebook.com/SportsmansPortland/

I went to my local Sportman's this week and talked to one of the staff I normally talk with when I am in there. He said that since they started putting this info on their facebook it is the same couple dozen people showing up and getting everything each week. He told me this Wednesday they had at 50 people in line waiting for the store to open and only a handful of people got anything. Unless you don't work or have a schedule that supports being able to wait in front of a store an hour before it opens you not going to have much luck at these stores doing this. I have not been able to get anything at Sportmans in the last several weeks. Several weeks ago I was able to grab some 30-30, 45/70, and even some 9mm. not anymore.

I went to my local Sportman's this week and talked to one of the staff I normally talk with when I am in there. He said that since they started putting this info on their facebook it is the same couple dozen people showing up and getting everything each week. He told me this Wednesday they had at 50 people in line waiting for the store to open and only a handful of people got anything. Unless you don't work or have a schedule that supports being able to wait in front of a store an hour before it opens you not going to have much luck at these stores doing this. I have not been able to get anything at Sportmans in the last several weeks. Several weeks ago I was able to grab some 30-30, 45/70, and even some 9mm. not anymore.
This whole situation is probably exacerbated by the working from home crowd and the unemployed. They can take a break from work with out being missed or start work late or have all day free.

The oil used and that works well in a $20k car will work just as well in a $200k car.
Not necessarily. The higher performance engine in a $200k car may require other additives that the "throw away" $20k car does not because it's tolerances are so loose and it's expected use and lifespan. I would expect zinc, has been removed from most oils for emissions crap reasons, to be ore desired in a high performance engine. I use it in any engine rebuild that has to do with high pressure metal to metal such as crank, cams, pistons, etc during break in. It helps surface hardening.

I drive a nicer car, $40k sticker in 2003, which requires different oil spec than something like a civic or accord. Using a different oil also voids the warranty.

This is just for VW:

Last Edited:
Some folks just believe the world is out to get them. Had this with Clinton, Obama, and now the potato ( with Carter, we had a depressed economy, foreign terrorism, and the politicians and OPEC cut off oil supply, but I don't know how ammo supplies were). We now have the world being shut down due to a new flu, with all businesses be shut down. We have nine months of liberal rioting and burning, getting millions to buy guns.
Consider how fast toilet paper disappeared and how slow it is coming back.
95+% never learn from history and seem to think everything is new and a conspiracy against them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top