JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I happen to believe that the human malware event lead folks already in the shooting sports to buy more, prepper minded folks to buy crazy amounts and ordinary people freaked out by the rioting to buy their first gun and therefore their first boxes of ammo.

That. That is my suspicion, sort of a multifaceted buy-a-thon but not a grand conspiracy.

Until a bunch of people run out of money and raise they have no need of 20,000 primers when they shoot 2000 rounds a year.
The good of that is this; when the stores are selling primers for less than the hoarders paid, they have to look at their wallets and make a hard choice, just like last time. Some will just use what they have over time, some will hold out, but a lot will start trying to stop their losses by selling. For the rest of us the ensuing price freefall is a lovely thing.

I've got enough primers to hopefully last through the first half of competition in 2021. Still going to be careful, and make every training round count. I'm very much hoping the supply catches up by July or so, but as they say, "Hope is not a plan".

When people stop paying outrageous prices for them.
People just can't control themselves when they think they must have something right now no matter the cost. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Dang internet needs an EMP...
Will that speed up production, because they have been barely trickling in to select retailers. Most of the primers people are paying high prices for in the secondary market are old stock. The major bottleneck appears to be in new production.

There's a primer shortage??

Attachments

• 20201205_172519.jpg
    20201205_172519.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 141
Will that speed up production, because they have been barely trickling in to select retailers. Most of the primers people are paying high prices for in the secondary market are old stock. The major bottleneck appears to be in new production.

Most primers that are making it to the stores are snatched up by employees and going for sales sites like GB.

Is this what kind of primers everyone is talking about,very readily available,even Amazon has them and if not a stroll in the woods in the right places will produce them also!

flints.jpg

I remember most, if not all of the Obama presidency, especially after sandy hook was plagued by a shortage of ammo. Wasn't a reloader then, so I don't know what the components looked like. He wasn't saying outright he wants to ban XYZ, just gun control in general. If Biden does, in fact, appoint Czar Beto it's gonna be bare shelves of most things until someone else is elected. So in a pessimistic view, 2028.

I remember most, if not all of the Obama presidency, especially after sandy hook was plagued by a shortage of ammo. Wasn't a reloader then, so I don't know what the components looked like. He wasn't saying outright he wants to ban XYZ, just gun control in general. If Biden does, in fact, appoint Czar Beto it's gonna be bare shelves of most things until someone else is elected. So in a pessimistic view, 2028.
I'm not a gloom and doom kinda guy, but I do believe this time around is a bigger threat and for a longer time frame than the sandy hook fiasco during the Obama years.

Imagine the baseline we will be starting from in 2021 and throw another LV or Sandy Hook type event on top of that.
Unfortunately I think that's a very real possibility. A couple years ago an acquaintance of mine told me that his girlfriend was a politically active leftist, with serious connections at high levels in Salem.

Take this with a grain of salt (like any internet rumor), but she told him that they had battle plans drawn up, laws drafted and teams of lawyers ready to go, just waiting for the right tragedy as the go trigger. Another mass shooting somewhere, and they are ready to roll with every gun control law imaginable.

On a positive note, a LEO buddy of mine mentioned that he thought that we're getting better at stopping mass shootings. Everyone has become more aware, and it's harder for crazies to fly under the radar before they go off on a shooting spree.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top