JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think that the 'market' is manipulated with the so called fake/real shortages.

NO problem if you do not agree with me.

I am not going to list all of the reasons for 'shortages' from a to z as I have in the past in this post. And with that said... I still SAY that it is manipulated big time.

Shelves can't be totally cleared off to Little to Zero = 0 products IF the products don't even get to the stores on the trucks.

I used to call some larger stores in the past (Years ago when the salami was going on after the CT murders.) and a bit recently (This past year.) and I was and still am told the same thing. "We are expecting a truck on such and such day. We do NOT know what is coming IN but we expect and have ordered bla, bla and bla."

So the truck may come in once a week or twice a week but that does NOT mean that what they ordered and wanted way back when or even later on actually CAME INTO the store ON that truck. And these are larger chain stores not just smaller local gun stores.

My MT husband still LOOKS on and off to check these things out and he sees the same thing. So do other people and this is during various times of the day/evening not just when someone is coming home from their morning walk/exercise time or close to dinner time in the evening. So if ALL of these people SEE the same thing at various times in small to large gun or sporting goods stores... where IS the merchandise?!

IT did not come in most of the time!

Sometimes a store might get 2 BOXES of fill in the blank factory ammo and NOT a full case too. RF or CF - that was what was going on. It happens now too. Especially in some ammo or reloading products.

I remember that in the past and now as some other people already posted here. That includes boxes of RF broken down into smaller packs too.

In one store up in the panhandle of Idaho, a store owner was breaking up a few boxes of BULK 22lr - loose rounds and he counted out 50 rounds of 22lr and put them in plastic sandwich bags to help his customers out. A friend of mine saw this done several times in that store. My friend did not need RF but he was in and out of the stores. He did gun shows too. (He did not sell guns but he did shows for years on end.)

The managers/owners in various stores across this nation and not only in MT or ID broke up larger bulk boxes of 22lr into smaller sealed 50 round boxes too. They were packed/shipped differently too.

Another thing, some of the smaller stores that no longer exist and some that may still exist were told POINT BLANK at the Shot Show and from their distributors that the BIG stores had first choice ahead of them because they always bought more as a chain, etc. My husband knew the owners/managers of a couple of OLD MT gun stores and he and I were told this. And this was told to smaller stores who always placed a large order of x, y or z in one big order to make up a good load of stock for their store.

Plus they always ordered AHEAD of time and you could almost always FIND something there that you may not be able to find elsewhere in some larger stores. But some of those smaller stores got royally screwed by their various distributors and FACTORY ammunition and reloading product companies when it came to what they were TOLD and how they were TREATED when it came to their own orders! And it did not matter if they were in business from the 40's or the early 50's too!

I personally think that something is odd aka MANIPULATED because when ALL of the salami was going on in the USA - you could LOOK at the Canadian websites and SEE what they had in stock. Not just stores (Various branches.) that were in the USA but they were in Canada too. Gee, they had STOCK on hand!

Another example of the USA versus Canada IN STOCK in the store! (I am not talking about shipping now.) One store was called Canadian Tire and they did not have 'shortages' going on like you saw in the past or may still see (Not sure?!) NOW when it comes to RF, CF and some shotgun shells.

I do not remember if I ever LOOKED for reloading stock at the Canadian Tire place but I did LOOK for it online at Canadian large chain stores and at some smaller Canadian stores and the STOCK was there. Go figure!

Years ago, you could read about people in other countries and they did not have these fake/real shortages even though some of them DID and still DO have a good sized shooting community.

I think that it IS part of a globalist agenda too. I agree with a few people who say the same thing. You can laugh at me. NO problem!

I think that it is ALL manipulated. Just like gold, silver, diamonds, some other mining ores - minerals and even the stock market is manipulated in it's own way. NOT just with inside trading deals too!

Funny thing is that IF these shortages happened to ANY other products (Other than TP recently but it did come back fast!) that most people love or worship like their boob tube, their tv channels, their cellular telephones that they can't get their NOSE/EYES out of, their shoes, etc. - you would NOT see those shortages go on and on (As in YEARS on end especially during the Obama times.) as you DID and DO SEE when it comes to anything GUN related in my opinion.

So in my opinion the market IS manipulated. There are shortages due to various REASONS as we all know. IT is not just due to the supply chain, riots, crazy times, the elections, a salami 'virus' where the CURE IS WORSE THAN THE DISEASE, KILL the economy CRAZY policies, the Great Reset which was/is planned, the main SOURCE of some minerals and products that may or may not come from inside or OUTSIDE of the USA, etc.

So IF all of these PRODUCTS from a to z are being made non stop... where IS all of IT and why is it not on the trucks and being delivered to various stores that had ORDERS in almost a YEAR ago and forward?!

We have what we need at home because we planned ahead. Not every person can do this but if they did a little at a time on a REGULAR basis... some of them could do this. We used to be high volume shooters too. So we never had OLD stock on hand as some people have in their homes. We never ordered 'cases' of this or that online either. I am NOT knocking people who did this or still do this. Whatever trips their trigger!

The new shooters and the new reloaders are in a pinch. Especially the younger ones who were just able to get into the sport due to their age, their location if they got out of the military especially if they lived on their ship, their budget, a move from another country to the USA, getting laid off due to the virus salami, etc.

Older shooters if they are Not Newbies to the sport should have known all about this but many older shooters do NOT shoot on a VERY regular basis too. NOT everyone was or is into competition or high volume shooting for years on end.

Some of them do NOT understand or even KNOW about fake/real shortages or the crazy times in the GUN and gun related products world even if they follow the salami news.

Shooting will become a rich man's sport and even though there are cycles to all of these manipulated MESSES - there comes a time where people will just continue to shoot what they have! These are people who planned ahead, NOT hoarders who never shoot and JUST SIT on their stock. They are able to do that and if that is their THING - more power to them.

There is a difference between a hoarder and a planned ahead person who actually USES what they buy or make on a regular basis in MY opinion.

When the 'shooters' reach a certain LEVEL with their personal STOCK at home where they want to save what they have because they are concerned over a LACK of production, availability, bans, restrictions, etc. - they will just STOP shooting or only shoot a few rounds a YEAR if that to keep up their skills.

I think that these times and the times after the CT murders are worse than other crazy times. My MT husband said the same thing although he has been shooting since he was a Kid and me since the late 90's and on. He did see other shortages and was not bothered by them. He was concerned about one item around the ASW ban time but he did NOT run out. He was low in one thing.

He IS going to continue to shoot but he has LOWERED his rounds per day in RF and in CF as I stated in one post the other day. I think that he is going to reload some .223 cartridges next week too. He still shoots on a very regular basis - 5 to 6 days per week.

He and I have OTHER interests too. They do not involve guns 24/7 too.

Old Lady Cate

Best to hold on to what you have. Depending on the outcome in GA, sweeping changes to 2A and access to anything shooting related could be permanent.

Best part of panic markets is when it goes back to normal, the surplus because so many people overbought and wont buy more even at low prices.

1) Panic buyers will eventually satisfy their appetite - becoming satiated with their supply. If they are hoarders like me, they will not use up their supply quickly. If not, they they will stay in the market. But eventually the market will be able to satisfy demand and prices will level off and eventually do down.

2) Speculators are part of the market - these are the people who buy up product, especially at the lower prices, and then resell at prices well above "normal", hoping to make a profit - even if it is just a few $. Eventually these sellers will wind up with more supply than they can sell at their prices and some of them will lower their asking price - slowly. But I think at some point they will stop buying, either because they can't sell at a price that makes it worth their time, or they are actually selling at a loss.

3) Hoarders like me, get satiated. I have somewhere between 65-70K rounds of ammo - about 50/50 rimfire/centerfire (spread over about a dozen different calibers). Only a few calibers do I want to fill in now, and even those are somewhat adequate in my supply. Some calibers I have well over what I would need unless I went into competition shooting - which I would not. I have been hoarding ammo for decades, the last 5-10 years ramping up my purchasing - paying much lower prices than some pay now. I am also retired and my income is currently one quarter what it was a year ago.

So I am disinclined to panic prices for anything - I generally only buy ammo or other supplies when the prices are not inflated, and only then if I truly need the item (which is gradually becoming less and less true).

I do need reloading supplies - I have not take an inventory, but I am pretty sure I am low on most power and primers, probably projectiles too. OTOH, I only reload speciality loads (low power, light projectiles) and rely on my factory ammo for standard ammo (full power, defensive/hunting, and practice FMJ ammo) - I don't anticipate bulk reloading - I have more Trail Boss than any other powder.

IMO it just depends on how this all falls out with regards to when people become comfortable with the supplies they have. I would like to buy 1K bricks of the different sizes of primers - SPP, SRP, LPP, LRP, magnum primers for large pistol, some bench rest/match primers and then I would be satisfied because I would not be doing bulk reloading. I would then like to get a couple pounds of about 5-6 different powders that have wide application across different calibers - like H110, BLC-2, etc.

But I am going to wait. No way will I be spending 10-15 cents per primer when they should be less than half that. Not going to spend double prices for projectiles either. I will just wait it out.

Best to hold on to what you have. Depending on the outcome in GA, sweeping changes to 2A and access to anything shooting related could be permanent.
I'm not worried. I have more than I need for the rest of my life as far as practical use, and the hobby side of it can be replaced with a new hobby if need be.

I'm not worried. I have more than I need for the rest of my life as far as practical use, and the hobby side of it can be replaced with a new hobby if need be.

THIS is what my husband and I can relate to.

We sure as heck are not going DIE with a bunch of stock on hand.

Some stock on hand? Yes.

And we will ENJOY what we can at our older age while still keeping a minimum level of stock on hand once we get to THAT level of stock.

Old Lady Cate

Barring legal changes and other shenanigans, the market should already be ramping supply (more cautiously this time) into the increased demand. At some point easing should occur (I've already seen some in handgun availability) followed most likely by a hopefully not too extreme glut of product.

Remember the idiotic 22lr shortage of 2015 or whatever that was. Peaked and then steadily declined, followed by a cliff as hoarders saw the error of their ways and either stopped buying or in some cases started selling.

Most of us never buy more than we can afford and intend to use, so we just sit back and snicker.

think about this with the loss of Remington and the no importing European primers like wolf and s&b
that leaves cci, fed, win to supply all the primers for the Military , Law Enforcement , and factory ammo
I think reloading primers for us to load our own will be last on the list to be stocked
some will sneak in and it is the luck of the draw who is at the right place at the right time to get them

This is far from the first time. As with all the times before a panic starts. Soon the shelves are cleared. Before the net it took a while as word spread. After the net got going good it happens faster and lasts longer. Reason is you daily have people on line telling the world they just found out there is no____________ fill in the blank. People that make things like primers did not and do not stop making them. What does change is who gets them first. The larger the buyer, the higher they are on the list of people who get first dibs. There is then of course a lot of speculating. People will grab up all they can and try to sell at higher price. Known by many as gouging. Many like me, have seen many of these in the past, so we have enough to last years. We are known as horders by those who ignored the stuff when the shelves were full and the stuff was on sale. When the shelves fill again the same people screaming about hording will again go to sleep and ignore the stuff on the shelves. Until something sets off another panic. Then they will go on line to complain about horders. Rinse, repeat, over and over. :s0092: It will never change
Slight variation on the second type of person would be idiots like me . I buy tons of ammo when it's on sale....and shoot it. I love mag dumps , I give my kids free reign, I let my buddy burn up whatever we decide the flavor of the day is, I let strangers try a mag or 2 of something I'm running that day.
It sucks when things get crazy, and I can't enjoy my favorite pastime.

We need to start a pool! The week primers become widely available is the winner.
100 weeks to choose from if we block out Thanksgiving weeks and Christmas weeks in 2021 and 2022
$20 per square/week NWFA can get 10 or 20 percent
Whaddya say?
Sure why not, we already have a pool going at work as to when our remodeling will be finished. It's coming up on its 1 year anniversary.....

Slight variation on the second type of person would be idiots like me . I buy tons of ammo when it's on sale....and shoot it. I love mag dumps , I give my kids free reign, I let my buddy burn up whatever we decide the flavor of the day is, I let strangers try a mag or 2 of something I'm running that day.
It sucks when things get crazy, and I can't enjoy my favorite pastime.
There is nothing wrong with that. I easily burn hundreds of rounds in a session and always enjoy letting new people try something. The difference is I do not roll my own 9mm any more as it's too cheap for me to bother. I do have some 5 gal buckets of all the stuff as a just in case. Probably will die and leave it to kids to dispose of. If one of these goes long enough I can just roll more. If it gets to that I will replace the stuff I used back to the buckets. Supplies are cheap, will outlive me if I do not use them. Most do not do this. They ignore the stuff when shelves are full. Then when another panic hits and there is none to buy unless you want to pay insane prices they are out of luck. As soon as that panic is over they go back to sleep. Next panic it starts all over again. Kind of amazing to watch it keep happening. :s0092:

There is nothing wrong with that. I easily burn hundreds of rounds in a session and always enjoy letting new people try something. The difference is I do not roll my own 9mm any more as it's too cheap for me to bother. I do have some 5 gal buckets of all the stuff as a just in case. Probably will die and leave it to kids to dispose of. If one of these goes long enough I can just roll more. If it gets to that I will replace the stuff I used back to the buckets. Supplies are cheap, will outlive me if I do not use them. Most do not do this. They ignore the stuff when shelves are full. Then when another panic hits and there is none to buy unless you want to pay insane prices they are out of luck. As soon as that panic is over they go back to sleep. Next panic it starts all over again. Kind of amazing to watch it keep happening. :s0092:

9mm, during "normalcy" is too inexpensive to reload. For us.

Nowadays? Easily worthwhile, even without running the math/time numbers. However, that's using components purchased well within "normalcy".

Depends how much folks enjoy shooting, as towards what's worthwhile & what may not be...

This production - distibution shortage is some part of the globalist agenda in my personal agenda.
If not tell me where all the product is going instead of on the store shelves.

I don't believe in globalist secret agendas (or any conspiracy) because throughout history humans have demonstrated their inability to keep secrets. Any conspiracy that relies on more than a handful of people to keep a secret (that doesn't involve something like a threat to their lives if they don't) just isn't plausible. Could there be forces in play that are restricting supply other than market forces? Perhaps, but if there are, they won't be secret for long. If this is a global conspiracy why is ammo and reloading supplies available in Canada?

I happen to believe that the human malware event lead folks already in the shooting sports to buy more, prepper minded folks to buy crazy amounts and ordinary people freaked out by the rioting to buy their first gun and therefore their first boxes of ammo.

It's supply and demand and provided we don't end up in civil war, supplies will catch up to demand.

9mm, during "normalcy" is too inexpensive to reload. For us.

Nowadays? Easily worthwhile, even without running the math/time numbers. However, that's using components purchased well within "normalcy".

Depends how much folks enjoy shooting, as towards what's worthwhile & what may not be...
Yep before they started letting us order ammo I rolled everything. After they started letting me just order ammo by the case with no FFL involved it just got too damn cheap to bother. Even back then I had seen shortages though so I had enough sense to not get rid of the supplies or tools. They sit and gather dust now but, it's sure as hell nice to know it's there.
I have told the kids that when I roll on they can get rid of the stuff. Told them the smart way would be wait till another panic is going on to sell the stuff. :D

It's out there. I bought a brick of Federal SRP 205's on Wednesday at Sportsmans for $29.00.

The key is to quit buying it up from the price gougers who are beating you to the stores and reselling it for $120 more than they just paid for it. Get to the stores daily. It's available you just have to beat the price gougers.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top