JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just called the cops and made the situation sound way worse than it was...to get their attention and get them to show up, which they did.
I would suggest using care with this. In Cali 2012, a person did this and the officers ended up shooting someone because of it. The person who made the call was facing felony charges, was ultimately charged and plead to a misdemeanor with 90 days in jail. Just a sincerely humble bit of food for thought for all.

Threatening is not a good idea.
If it's time to threaten deadly force it's probably time to use it, and better it comes as a surprise.
In the immortal words of Tuco: "If you have to shoot - shoot, don't talk."

This of course only after having done everything reasonably required to avoid having to do so.

Nothing wrong with threatening deadly force if it will defuse a situation and you dont have to kill someone that day. I pointed a gun at a guy who was coming at me with a baseball bat once. 5 more steps he would have been on the ground but he chose to go do something else real quick. Even dropped the bat in his haste to go find something else to do.

RE : Post #25
I was looking/searching for a "conclusion" (arrest and prosecution). But I didn't find anything (so far).

Anyway.......
I wonder? Did FB suspended the accounts of these folks? You know....."Hateful Speech content"? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...cebook-mom-shot-dead-saying-lives-matter.html

YES.....I believe in "Free Speech".
Including the right to be a fool and say stupid stuff.

Even though FB does NOT (or only plays lip service to it). So, is FB just another hypocrite big tech organization?

Yeah......I think so.

Aloha, Mark

PS........yeah, waiting to see changes at Twitter.

Even though, I don't have any accounts at the big Social Media sites.

Last Edited:
You are repsonsible to know the laws where you are at (current location) as that will matter.

If you have not thougth about it in a while, this is a quality overview.

I didn't read the article so I don't know if they were pointing a gun at someone or not. In WA the condtions for threatening deadly force by pointing a gun at someone are exactly the same conditions for justifiably shooting someone.

Therefore I suggest low ready instead of pointing a gun at someone (or I guess high ready if they are upstairs from you). If trained from low ready to shots on target then time difference is an eyblink. But low ready doesn't carry all the legal ramifications (and perhaps reduced risk of possible unintended consequences). This is part of the reason practicing relaxed slow fire imo is not of much value. Reacting from the holster/low ready etc is much more beneficial for possible real life situations.

Skip to 6:38 mark for WA law discussion about pointing a gun at someone:

Last Edited:
If "pointing", as opposed to "display" or "exhibiting", is the legal issue one might consider using the "NRA safety circle" aka SUL, or a more covert presentation: in hand under a open front outer garment or behind the firing side leg.

I once had to approach a vehicle at night that I had identified as "non-threatening" but was not in a position to set down the pump action shotgun that I was carrying. I held it in my right hand by the muzzle, so the gun was dangling down and I would have to reposition my hold to get it into a firing position. I felt that this was the least threatening way to do it.

The interaction was cordial, with the trespasser freely admitting that he should have called before entering the property (he had no legal access through this route) and apologizing for making me come out on a rainy night to check on him. He was blocked in by my pickup parked in the one-lane road, and although we have laughed about the contact for years now, it scared him to death at the time!

I recall an instance when I was new to carrying and I was walking around a strip mall type area and I noticed these two kids (probably late teens or early 20s) kept following me. I'd go into a store and they'd wait outside. I'd walk a bit and go into another and they'd follow me then wait outside. This went on for about 30 minutes until I cut down a route that would be unusual for most people, just to see if they'd follow me. I was carrying my handgun outside the waistband but under my jacket. It was winter in eastern Washington so I had a heavy jacket on that covered my weapon very well. When I noticed these kids followed me down the path I lifted my jacket to expose my firearm (making it look like open carry) and turned back towards them. At this point they were probably within 10 yards of me. They stopped as I turned with my hands in my jacket pockets and I loudly said "Is there going to be a problem?". The kids quickly about faced and took off.

This was years ago and while I'd probably handle this situation differently now, I have no regrets about making that decision. I feel brandishing a weapon in the way I did can be advantageous to preventing a confrontation, I think the doctrine is called "de-escalation through escalation". However, I think one needs to be mindful of their local laws and use such a tactic very cautiously. If you do it at the wrong place or wrong time you very well could wind up in handcuffs depending on your jurisdiction.

I recall an instance when I was new to carrying and I was walking around a strip mall type area and I noticed these two kids (probably late teens or early 20s) kept following me. I'd go into a store and they'd wait outside. I'd walk a bit and go into another and they'd follow me then wait outside. This went on for about 30 minutes until I cut down a route that would be unusual for most people, just to see if they'd follow me. I was carrying my handgun outside the waistband but under my jacket. It was winter in eastern Washington so I had a heavy jacket on that covered my weapon very well. When I noticed these kids followed me down the path I lifted my jacket to expose my firearm (making it look like open carry) and turned back towards them. At this point they were probably within 10 yards of me. They stopped as I turned with my hands in my jacket pockets and I loudly said "Is there going to be a problem?". The kids quickly about faced and took off.

This was years ago and while I'd probably handle this situation differently now, I have no regrets about making that decision. I feel brandishing a weapon in the way I did can be advantageous to preventing a confrontation, I think the doctrine is called "de-escalation through escalation". However, I think one needs to be mindful of their local laws and use such a tactic very cautiously. If you do it at the wrong place or wrong time you very well could wind up in handcuffs depending on your jurisdiction.
That is not brandishing.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR