JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back in 2016 or 2017 I attending some training at Portland Bureau of Transportation yard under the overpass right across from Legacy Emanuel. Well as my crew and I were walking from our truck to the yard the hospital was kicking a woman out.

She was off her rocker and not wanting to leave. She proceeded to remove her shirt and grab a decent size stick/branch and come directly at me screaming bloody murder.

So I had a topless 60ish year old mental patient headed toward me swinging a large stick. I had 2 options run down the street away from her or take my chances with boobs hanging stick lady.

My coworkers had a good laugh but I'd rather run away than be out in the street fighting an older lady suffering from mental illness.

A situation I wouldn't have wanted to use any type of force so fleeing was best option. Sometimes bizarro scenarios instantaneously arise.
503823_0.jpg

It was smart to run . She mighta feasted upon your souls.

Back in 2016 or 2017 I attending some training at Portland Bureau of Transportation yard under the overpass right across from Legacy Emanuel. Well as my crew and I were walking from our truck to the yard the hospital was kicking a woman out.

She was off her rocker and not wanting to leave. She proceeded to remove her shirt and grab a decent size stick/branch and come directly at me screaming bloody murder.

So I had a topless 60ish year old mental patient headed toward me swinging a large stick. I had 2 options run down the street away from her or take my chances with boobs hanging stick lady.

My coworkers had a good laugh but I'd rather run away than be out in the street fighting an older lady suffering from mental illness.

A situation I wouldn't have wanted to use any type of force so fleeing was best option. Sometimes bizarro scenarios instantaneously arise.
Sadly this is becoming a rather common thing. Police don't want to deal with this so they bring these kooks to an ER. ER checks them at tax payer expense and can't do more so they put them out. Sooner or later one of them will get shot and then the crying and screaming will start. From the same people who said they do NOT want them locked up. :confused:

Sadly this is becoming a rather common thing. Police don't want to deal with this so they bring these kooks to an ER. ER checks them at tax payer expense and can't do more so they put them out. Sooner or later one of them will get shot and then the crying and screaming will start. From the same people who said they do NOT want them locked up. :confused:
Yeah, I used to volunteer at the San Francisco Rescue Mission, that really got me burned out on the whole "help the homeless" thing. Don't get me wrong, I am glad there are people with the heart to preserver in attempting to help, but I do not have the fortitude to stick with it. I cannot see how you actually help someone who adamantly refuses to be helped.

To be clear, I have no issue tossing a few bucks towards someone who is actually down but not out, and who just needs a bit of help to get their feet back under them. I love it when the guy who comes over to do yard work calls me and tells me he cannot make it anymore because he got a solid full time job, or the guy utilizing the church food bank comes back 6 mo later with a cart full of food to pass on to the next person in need.

But those people are never homeless for long as they want to actually fix their problems and there are tons of resources out there to help them do it if they can just bring themselves to ask. It is the mental basket cases, the drugged fools and the perpetually self-disenfranchised that make up the bulk of our permanent homeless population, and there is no helping them no matter how much money you throw at them. They destroy facilities, suck down food and amenities and constantly whine that everything they are being given is not good enough, until people just let them go and they go starve or freeze to death in tent cities in some abandoned park or alleyway.

Now all you need is a jury that agrees with you.
Noting that the attorney mentions, "Opening yourself up for litigation." The jury that I would be most concerned with is the one who could put me in a 10' by 10' cage for 25 years because I used a lethal force tool for a non-lethal-force problem. This is terrible advice in my not so humble opinion in this case. How often do we hear of "normal" folks getting charged with using OC in reasonable situations? Almost never. The ones you do see are a mixture of a Jerry Springer episode with Deliverance. (But I do appreciate the banjo music.)

Noting that the attorney mentions, "Opening yourself up for litigation." The jury that I would be most concerned with is the one who could put me in a 10' by 10' cage for 25 years because I used a lethal force tool for a non-lethal-force problem. This is terrible advice in my not so humble opinion in this case. How often do we hear of "normal" folks getting charged with using OC in reasonable situations? Almost never. The ones you do see are a mixture of a Jerry Springer episode with Deliverance. (But I do appreciate the banjo music.)
Screenshot_20231108_181733.jpg

Example of drugged out guy behavior. I've seen similar in Portland. Man attacking parked cars, cars driving by, trees, garbage bins, throwing rocks at pedestrians, throwing bricks at cars. All in the course of just a couple minutes.

Of course, this is the perfect situation to send in the unarmed social worker with no continuum of force at their disposal beyond a loud scream.

Of course, this is the perfect situation to send in the unarmed social worker with no continuum of force at their disposal beyond a loud scream.
Suddenly I have a new plan for these situations.

On an unrelated note, how easy is it to get a hold of these "unarmed social workers" you speak of?

Reported on next door today, typical attack which occurs here many times daily. Cops let him go of course. :mad: West Cully neighborhood.

823F9195-6D92-4A3C-8763-36D9366F793A.jpeg
A couple others random ones I noticed:
AFFB15AC-E2EE-4465-AC5E-4BF562F89B6D.jpeg
0FA00B01-F24E-4BC4-B14F-9783346BB872.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR