JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd grab the remote and change the channel.
This

And my college education has taught me that dialogue and an awareness of the issues is more effectuve than violence. All we need is a conversation about racism and inequality and of course for elected officials to apologize for our exceptionalism I mean imperialism.

( pws mk14, Glock 19 and everything I know about this area)

If its the chinese IEDs and sniping gunners will be easy, consider how painfully slow they drive.

Russians would be a different story, they may remedy the homeless crisis fix a few roads, get rid of the tweakers and put all this snivelimg PC noise to bed..

And they have pretty good food

Hmm... If I GOTTA fight, something full caliber that can reach out. The M1A or FAL sound good, even the Garand. But set battles with superior forces are to be avoided. If it's guerilla war, firepower is not as important as range. A .30-06 or .308 hunting rifle that shoots straight (and has a decent scope because my eyes are getting old) will fill the bill. It's going to be shoot & run.

If it's living at home (at "the retreat" for those who don't already live in the boonies) WROL, a compact AR carbine can be worn on sling while working outside. It's a varmint cartridge, but it can spit out the rounds and reach out a bit if needed.

Sidearm for me is 1911 because I'm a 1911 .45 fan, but whatever service pistol works well for you will suffice. Whatever it is, even your favorite double action .357, never let it be out of your reach.

An AK, SKS or Mini Thirty will do for general home defense, and take the place of a .30-30 for game in the woods. But the little AR with a red dot or scope will have better effective range.

For low budget "second string" or arms to equip friends, any decent old 8x57, 7.62x54R Mosin, .303 Brit or even .30-40 Krag will do the job.

Our Get Home Bag includes a takedown .22 rifle because the idea is to DISengage, and the quiet little .22 has more effective range than a pistol. One should always have .22s around, not so much for fighting as because they're so darned useful & quiet and you can carry lots of ammo.

If in Portland I'd grab my m1 and a few 30 rd mags. I'd also take my ruger 9mm p89 and .38 special service six and ammo. I'd head out to the country and let the fruits, druggies and gang bangers provide a target rich environment to tire them out and waste there ammo on! Lord knows there is a bounty of them in the metro area!. One of the reasons I left there many years ago.

I'd arm the neighbors who are willing with my extra guns but keeping the M1A for me. I'd stay away from the poor saps who have my black powder smoke generators of course. :)

Stuck in Multnomah County for 2 more annoying years (and depending on where I happen to be when the SHTF), driving something brutally powerful with huge bumpers will be a helpful tool to ram traffic jammed Pri'i (whatever the plural is for Prius) out of my way.

Be careful of the Prius you are about to over run. It might be wearing an NRA sticker. It could be me! The Prius in the right hands is the perfect urban camo'd vehicle. Fill it with all manner of shooty and explody things and the PC Police will still wave me right on through. LOL. Besides,sometimes my Prius only gets 50mpg! It can cheaply get me home to my 450hp semi pickup truck all tricked out with crash bars and cannons. Thanks. Fun thread.

Scenario: You wake up and Red Dawn has come to your neighborhood. Commies are parachuting down. You go to your gun safe and prepare to go engage the enemy. What do you grab?

I am trained and still i move to to bolt action, its faithful, it provides food, its easy and most of all it looks like I'm m just a joe. Especially when confronted with a superior force. Biggest is from 500Y a scoped rifle will make anyone cringe, trained or not. Its also great at controlling ammo. Fewer shots wasyed is big in this scenario. Best to be a ghost than become one

I always tell myself that the reason i bought a Steyr AUG, 454 Casull, and 30 other tactical ninja badass operator weapons is so that I'd be ready for Chuck Norris style, urban gurilla, Patrick Swazey hardcore, commie slaughtering action.

Looking in my safe last night i realized that I'd grab my Scoped AR10, CZ75B, and a toad stabber of some sort. Going with the 308 round for knock down power over the 223. Pretty much everything else in my safe is glorified cock jewelry.

Lastly, id probably only need to take a few mags with me with the harsh realization that I'd be absolutely no match for a trained soldier.

So question of the morning is, how do you arm yourself for fighting the commies on your home turf?

Game on!

Scenario: You wake up and Red Dawn has come to your neighborhood. Commies are parachuting down. You go to your gun safe and prepare to go engage the enemy. What do you grab?

Actually they all look the same.:confused:
I would have to be careful that I didn't grab the pellet rifle.:rolleyes:
Any of the others, I would just have to make sure I grabbed the right magazines.:p

This thread is a riot! A pretty fun thought experiment. The truth is, if you are carrying more than 1 or 2 guns and a couple hundred rounds of ammo on foot, you are either a major stud, or not going anywhere very fast. Slow targets make easy targets. Pack light, move fast.

I'd have to grab one rifle, with as many loaded mags as I had. Engagements would be shoot, retreat tactics. It doesn't really matter which rifle, maybe a different one each night, just to make life for those commie buggers a little less comfortable.

As a side note, the first time I saw Red Dawn (the old one, still haven't seen the remake) I was well into my 20s and my first thought was "Sure am glad I didn't see this when I was a kid, I would've been even more paranoid!"

easy way to prevent people in PDX from leaving? destroy the bridges, ruin the roads, block em. as for all the hilly terrain that people will have to get through in all the neighborhoods out to Beaverton area....well there's the issue of feral dogs after a few days.... as well as feral people and gangs.
as for what do I grab? well. I'm gonna go simple and go with either one of the 12 ga shotguns and/or my 9mm carbine and handgun. no illusions that I can hold off a lot of people, but with my family and neighbors, we'll be OK for a while.

this is all academic anyhow....... the most dangerous enemy is not gonna be foreign invaders, or mexican illegal immigrants... it's gonna be the entitled unwashed masses who thinks that THEY deserve what YOU have.

I would try to rely on my now 40+ year old Basic Training to try to take a couple with me. I've seen several posts mentioning that they would be no match for an active duty soldier. True enough, but you would probably be faced with at least a squad sized unit, maybe more. So it's just a Custer's last stand scenario.
I would count on what has been referred to as the "greatest battle implement ever devised". With one of my .45's for up close and personal work, if I lasted that long.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top