JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's what the 1978 GMC Jimmy with the 400 v-8 is for. I'm pretty sure the Prius would just be a speed bump.

As for the gun, lots of options, and I can fit most in the back of the Jimmy. Failing that, fall back to the First Blood style of arming yourself. Start with a rock and knife and you can end up with a deuce and a half and an M60.

Make believe is fun. WOLVERINES!

To play along on foot....Feather weight 06 with variable power scope, 5.56 pistol, and .45. and disappear in our local hills. There are a few really rich folk in the islands, the kind that have private security....I would stay out of THAT fight to begin with.

Brutus Out

AR Pistol, G19, 1911 and 15-22 with as many rounds as I could carry (lots). The 19 on my hip, the 15-22 at the ready and the AR pistol and 1911 in a backpack. Along with some MRE's, water and edged weapons. The rest of what I need I'll take from the bad guys. Laugh all you want, the 15-22 at low ready is what I consider an all around gun.

I like the idea of a proven battle rifle like the SKS But the notch rear sights
are too hard to see. I have shot my SKS in matches. Difficult to hit targets
past 300 yards. I prefer the aperture sights of a M1, M1A and AR. MY AR
with a 1.5 X 4 Leupold fire dot. With back up flip up iron sights. Would be my
choice. Lighter rifle than a M1 or M1A. M & P 45 on hip.:cool:

My Red Dawn party treats
20160229_080045.jpg

No match for a trained soldier? Really? There are untrained religious zealot retards killing trained soldiers everyday in the middle east. Give an old veteran a good bolt gun any day. Look what happened to the Russians in Afghanistan.

So I'd grab my LR308 carbine as it's been kept pretty lean and mean to be a MBR, and is the most versatile. I have the most ammo loaded for it and my bug out pack is configured with mag pouches, radio gear, etc. so it's all meant to go together. Of course though, as this would be an asymmetric scenario I would cache my AR once I've nabbed a rifle and pistol in the enemy's caliber, for obvious reasons. If I have my truck, then I'd grab every gun and ammo I have: prepped for multiple scenarios but also to trade or arm my fellow travelers because you want your friends armed and I can only shoot one gun at a time.

Regardless of specific criteria I would always grab the following:

Ruger Gunsight Scout .308win
Bolt action + mags (shouldered)

12ga high standard w/buckshot and slugs (in hand)

Henery .22lr lever action (pack rifle boot)

Ruger GP100 .357mag (pack belt)

SCCY CPX-2 9mm (pack belt)

TOPS Anaconda 9" (pack belt)

Ontario RAT-3 (neck)

Badlands Super day pack filled with ammo.

I've never really considered how a large military force could take control of the Portland area.

It would require the paratroopers or tactical forces to take control of some targets by surprise. The hydroelectric dams, the media, and government offices would seem obvious choices. I don't think my neighborhood is a priority.

Cutting off roadways, waterways, and airports is just a matter of planning, personnel, and the right explosives and armament.

What weapons would I want? My weapon of choice is a government with the strength and foresight to make such an attack a foolish idea.

Take over Portland drop a few small bombs and all the Ostrich's would stick there heads in the dirt and some would go in denial. Then they would start eating each other. Same for Seattle. So if you live there you might want to think about moving.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top