JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A lot of Nazi's are pushing daisies because of this beauty-Commies would be even easier pickin's I'd guess..
I'm getting pretty quick with the reloading procedure.

m1garand-300x225.jpg

Most would think, grab your AR or AK, . If it really was SHTF, you need self contained simple stupid setup. Most will laugh but grab your SKS self contained rifle. No parts to loose optics to break no magazines to worry about. In a perfect world a AR & AK would be great for battle. But we are talking SHTF you need simple, powerful and reliable. So reach in your safe past all these fancy safe queens with $1900.00+ optics and 30 round magazine and grab the old reliable, self contained rifle that will shoot accurate at medium range a 7.62x39 projectile and can take being slammed around and dropped. If you are throwing down more the the max 10 rounds the SKS holds no AR or AK will save you anyways. Get low, get simple GTFO survive.

The x39 round is great, the SKS is an excellent choice, I prefer the mini .30 but I'd never scoff at an SKS.

Scenario: You wake up and Red Dawn has come to your neighborhood. Commies are parachuting down. You go to your gun safe and prepare to go engage the enemy. What do you grab?

I always tell myself that the reason i bought a Steyr AUG, 454 Casull, and 30 other tactical ninja badass operator weapons is so that I'd be ready for Chuck Norris style, urban gurilla, Patrick Swazey hardcore, commie slaughtering action.

Looking in my safe last night i realized that I'd grab my Scoped AR10, CZ75B, and a toad stabber of some sort. Going with the 308 round for knock down power over the 223. Pretty much everything else in my safe is glorified cock jewelry.

Lastly, id probably only need to take a few mags with me with the harsh realization that I'd be absolutely no match for a trained soldier.

So question of the morning is, how do you arm yourself for fighting the commies on your home turf?

Game on!

AR15, water, and the biggest first aid kit I could grab.

Sometimes old school tactics work the best...

punji%2Bin%2Bboot.gif

"As a kind of trap, punji sticks were perfectly fit in with the condition of South Vietnam. In tropical jungles covered by dense forests and bushes, punji sticks were easy to be camouflaged and often virtually undetectable by enemy. Thus, they would be placed around defense positions, in areas where enemy troops likely to pass through, or in pre-arranged attack areas such as helicopter landing fields. In addition, Viet Cong often used their favorite technique of firing from the jungle tree line to distract enemy troops from the danger hiding right under their feet.

The wound caused by a punji stick were seldom fatal, and it was designed to do so. Once an enemy soldier was wounded, it took one or sometimes two soldiers to carry him out of the fight. So instead of killing only one soldier, a single punji stick could take two or three soldiers out of combat. This effectively decreased the numbers of soldiers who were able to fight and simultaneously increased the battle fatigue of those left on the field. Additionally, in cases a fight did not occur, the fear of getting wounded by punji sticks was so great that the soldiers on patrol were under stress the whole time. This distressing situation had caused a long-lasting psychological impact on many Allies soldiers. "

http://thevietnamwar.info/punji-sticks/

I kind of like my suppressed Savage Mark II nowadays.

The bullet impact is louder than the gun; it's pretty amazing. It goes click ...WHAP. Sub 1" groups at 50 yards, probably really stings, too. :eek: Hey, now I've got their rifle.

Fine, I'll be the first one to say an AK in 7.62x39. My Arsenal SLR-95 and my FNP 45 tactical.

I'm inclined to say my AK 74 to save weight of ammo, and 7N6 defeats mild steel better than 7.62x39 in my experience. However I don't have as many magazines and don't shoot it as much, so I'd still go with my Arsenal.

I'd really like to take a SCAR 17s, .308 is an incredible round. The scar is light, maneuverable, accurate, compact, and reliable. It's also really expensive, that's why I don't have one yet... One day. In the meantime I'll keep enjoying shooting my buddy's.

Small frame AR-10 with light mid range optic. Small frame AR-10s weigh barely more than AR-15s and balance well. Mk318 ammo only slightly heavier than 762x39 but useful to 600 yards and MUCh better barrier penetration. 175 match grade ammo will take you out to 1,000 yards for sniper duty. Ditch the pistol and use that weight for more ammo. If you MUST have a pistol something small and concealed for the surprise factor.

My setup is here: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...-and-adams-308-patrol-enhanced-review.213423/

DPMS g2 if you are piston hater...

224751-8c6eaacba065d261b1a8985df3e67c65.jpg

I'd probably go with my good ole', beat to hell Remington 870, assuming I'm dealing with rioting and looting in my neck of the woods. In a SHTF type scenario, my Sig P226 in .40 would be permanently attached to my belt along with two or three spare mags as well. As far as fighting rifles go, I would be toting around one of my AR's in 5.56 for sure, because it's what I've got, it's what I've got the ammo for, and most importantly, it's what Uncle Sam has had me training on since I was 19.

Stuck in Multnomah County for 2 more annoying years (and depending on where I happen to be when the SHTF), driving something brutally powerful with huge bumpers will be a helpful tool to ram traffic jammed Pri'i (whatever the plural is for Prius) out of my way.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top